It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Not really, but he is anti-education. Said he walked out of his first college class that attempted to make him work on his diction and pronunciation for media purposes. Seems like it was probably a bad decision. Maybe they would have told him not to eat while talking on the radio.

Last edited by leashyourkids on Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
leashyourkids wrote:
Not really, but he is anti-education. Said he walked out of his first college class that attempted to make him work on his diction and pronunciation for media purposes. Seems like it was probably a bad decision. Maybe they would have told him not to eat while talking on the radio.

He must have skipped the "Don't act as if someone is constantly tickling you" and "Consoles aren't the enemy" lessons too.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
If what Goff said is true, he's one of those awkward people who can't just take advice with a grain of salt - that is, to take what you can from it and ignore anything you think is stupid. Instead, he has to be Mr. Martyr and walk out of the class to prove a point. Brilliant.

***Beardown hat off***

***Beardown hat back on***

He also probably just didn't like taking advice from whitey. Play on, playa'.

***Beardown hat back off***

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:46 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Tuned in shortly after 9:00 to hear Goff gigglespeak his way through a story about the WSCR production staff "destroying" Chet Coppock on Twitter because Chet was critical of someone named Vincent (?).

Not interested.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:46 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Trying to make Ellsworth Goff sound like cracker radio. Take away his street cred. WTF

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I remember a couple of weeks ago, maybe around an interview with Vincent Goodwill (I do listen to Spiegel&Goff Bulls talk, especially when the team is awful), and Goff had some anecdote about how he used to try and be polished on the radio when he first came up, and somebody (maybe 'his girl'?) said that was a different guy and he needed to be himself. The moral of that story was that the advice paid off because he is nominally a sports radio host in the 3rd biggest market in the country. But...he kind of sucks at talking, so I don't think it was good advice to take at all.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:58 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Reared on the Score wrote:
I remember a couple of weeks ago, maybe around an interview with Vincent Goodwill (I do listen to Spiegel&Goff Bulls talk, especially when the team is awful), and Goff had some anecdote about how he used to try and be polished on the radio when he first came up, and somebody (maybe 'his girl'?) said that was a different guy and he needed to be himself. The moral of that story was that the advice paid off because he is nominally a sports radio host in the 3rd biggest market in the country. But...he kind of sucks at talking, so I don't think it was good advice to take at all.

Otherwise, he's be Lawrence Holmes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:02 am 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Reared on the Score wrote:

Otherwise, he's be Lawrence Holmes.

Lawrence is good at talking, I agree.

His problem is that he has an annoying personality, too overeager (to please Bernstein) and humblebrag-y, and sometimes even outright brag-y which really doesn't fit.

Goff comes across as a big-timing peen. So they both kind of suck (again, 'guy radio' works only if the guy is likeable), but at least Lawrence literally sounds better.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:04 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Seriously. You take a radio class and they suggest you work on your speaking skills so he walks out. :lol: Nobody would believe it if it weren't true.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:07 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
Seriously. You take a radio class and they suggest you work on your speaking skills so he walks out. :lol: Nobody would believe it if it weren't true.

yeah, for someone whose radio pappy is Bernstein and loves to slam North, it's very much a North mindset.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:10 am 

First year med school students start on anatomy to help them in some of the most basic aspects of being a doctor. Imagine if your doctor walked out on the first day but was now discussing performing a procedure on you? "Naw playa, my skills are good enough"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:12 am 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:21 am 

pizza_Place: Sausage
Always loved Goff when he produced B&B , but more and more lately he just plays the "Playa/Street Brother" card. The act is wearing thin....just chill on the slang bro, gets tiresome after so long

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:23 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
cluv8484 wrote:
Always loved Goff when he produced B&B , but more and more lately he just plays the "Playa/Street Brother" card. The act is wearing thin....just chill on the slang bro, gets tiresome after so long

I do not get the street brother thing anyway. I am guessing Jason from Evanston saw as much street tough action as Danny from Deerfield.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:25 am 

pittmike wrote:
cluv8484 wrote:

I do not get the street brother thing anyway. I am guessing Jason from Evanston saw as much street tough action as Danny from Deerfield.

That's my issue. Not that a WSCR host can't play that role that but in Goff's case it seems inauthentic.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
It's not February.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
It's not February.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Sausage
Looks more like bernsies kid than goff's fam

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
I honestly haven't listened to Snickers & Giggles in over 3 weeks.

Before that I hate listened from time to time and usually PTFB after about 2 hours tops.

I've noticed that I'm in a better mood and happier during the day after quitting S & G cold turkey.

Honest question - has anybody else experienced anything like this?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Godfella wrote:

Before that I hate listened from time to time and usually PTFB after about 2 hours tops.

I've noticed that I'm in a better mood and happier during the day after quitting S & G cold turkey.

Why are you lying?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Hockey Gay wrote:
Godfella wrote:

Why are you lying?

I'm in too good of a mood to post anything back negative or sarcastic, HG.

Doesn't that prove I'm telling the truth?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Godfella wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:
Godfella wrote:

Why are you lying?

I'll let Douchebag determine that

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Hockey Gay wrote:
Godfella wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:
Godfella wrote:

Why are you lying?

I'll let Douchebag determine that

WILL. NOT. HAPPEN.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
pittmike wrote:
cluv8484 wrote:

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
leashyourkids wrote:
Said he walked out of his first college class that attempted to make him work on his diction and pronunciation for media purposes.

This sounds ridiculous and entirely plausible at the same time.

At the risk of stealing Beardown's bit, Goff really must be one sensitive motherfucker if he can't reckon with the mere existence of a speech course. Of all the things to have no business taking personally, the idea that one should polish one's elocution for a career in broadcasting is up there. What other kinds of introductory lessons are beneath him?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:40 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Chus wrote:
pittmike wrote:
cluv8484 wrote:

:lol: Do you get a free Seinfeld pic subscription thrown in from the Tits and Butts?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:26 pm 

pizza_Place: J.B. Alberto's
cluv8484 wrote:

-or the-
Jason Goff wrote:
HOLD ON! HOLD ON! HOLD ON! I gotta interrupt you to express how amused I am by your stupidity. Wasn't my quip funny? I'm so cool! In fact, I'm cooler than cool cause y'all gettin mad when I'm just foolin' wit chu...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:41 pm 

Godfella wrote:

+1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:49 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
pittmike wrote:
cluv8484 wrote:

Slightly more. li'l danny never hung out on the corner of Church & Dodge in front of Burt's.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

cluv8484 wrote:

Yeah. Weird thing is, much like we never heard the constant laughing and pounding of the table when he was on B&B, we also never heard the "Playa/Street Brother" slang. Maybe he figured Bernstein wouldn't approve. That has to be it. Cuz this current Goff is nothing like the old "B&B Goff".