It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Will and Kate
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:00 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
I usually do my grocery shopping early on Sunday morning and flip around the dial when I'm in the car. A show with Mel Kiper, Jr. and some guy named Dari Nowkhah used to be on early Sunday morning until a show called Will & Kate replaced it in February. They talk about social issues in sports, and it is brutal. The Kate in Will & Kate is Kate Fagan, who is also on The Trifecta with Sarah Spain. She talks in circles and ties herself in knots over social issues, and uses phrases like "in this space" a lot. I have never heard of Will Cain.

One of the handful of comments on awfulannouncing about her in a blurb about their show is "Do not know who Will Cain is, but have seen Fagan multiple times on Outside the Lines where she is made to look foolish/uninformed by the other panelists." Based on the little I've heard, that sounds accurate.

Dari and Mel wasn't the best show in the world, but at least they talked about sports.

Last edited by Tad Queasy on Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Will and Kate
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:34 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Dari and Mel draft segments were great.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:00 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Holy shit, the call near the end of the show today was brutal. This loudmouth was decrying the impact of women in sports based on some "equal pay for equal work" story and was going off on the producer even before he was on the air.

They set this up as if Kate was going to verbally eviscerate the guy, but this mouthbreather was getting the best of her - prompting Will to start in with the "why don't you come at me?" nonsense.

Just an awful show.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:37 am 

the biggest problem with the social justice warrior (i'm guessing that's what fagan subscribes to) is that they focus the attention on the warrior (themselves) rather than the social part. the social justice seems to be self-serving, not for the betterment of society in general.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:13 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
No idea who Kate Fagan is, so when I eventually found her twitter and saw this:

Quote:
Kate Fagan ‏@katefagan3 Apr 1
Dear, @TSA: please consider (additional?) gender expression/identity training w/ your employees. Frequency of mis-gendering is staggering.

I knew immediately she's not worth paying attention to. She's a JDC clone, or JDC is a clone of her, or they're both clones of some other brainless SJW. Meh.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:36 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Hit and Run

I am so sick of the social impact of sports being broken down but those who feel they see and understand it better than I do. I guess I can give credit to leary and danny for being the first 2 Dbags that annoyed me to the point I cant even hear them speak.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yeah. I've caught some of it the past few weeks. It's a crusade show like you said. Cuz sports radio is how you solve social issues.

I googled the Kate girl. She's a lesbian and a former college basketball player. I don't know who the guy is. But he follows her lead cuz he's scared if he doesn't she'll think he's sexist.

I think Kate also does the national show with Sarah Spain on Saturday afternoons. That's another show that's about "Women are great, men are scum" talking points.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Is the only reason she has such a prominent on-air position at ESPN because she's the token uncloseted lesbian? Because she's bad at having thoughts, and she played a sport nobody cares about except maybe some other lesbians and a bunch of 11 year old girls. Nothing like a good old-fashioned quota system to buck up the SJWs.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I didn't listen much but I liked Dari and Mel.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:45 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
This show doesn't seem to be on in Chicago anymore, at last not since football season started. AM1000 juggled their weekend lineup a little bit. The Best of 1000, with Adam Abdalla and Chris Blech (that's probably not spelled right but it seems appropriate), used to be on Saturday morning but is now on Sunday morning after Beyond Sports with Hannah Stanley and before Fantasy Football Frenzy with Jeff Meller and Christopher Harris.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:13 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
it was on espn radio here i think saturdays? just a month or so ago. she was talking about how awful it is to not let your kids just go wherever they want for college and hold paying for it over their heads to make them go where you want them to go.

will (the guy host who no one has ever heard of before) was like, kids are idiots espectially hs kids..i will help them decide. she went ballistic with her stupid lispy voice and i couldn't take it anymore.

that was the end of my will and kate experience and i was glad it was over.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
I keep thinking this is going to be about