It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

Really on display the last 40 minutes or so. My God, every little thing Spiegel says Goff interrupts and turns into a fight. It really is amazing. Sometimes Spiegel is just trying to tell a story and Goff just turns it into something it's not.

That Goff just loves to fight. My God.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Another Goff sucks thread by Beardown!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

spmack wrote:

No. It's a "Show thread" describing what I've heard the last 40 minutes for the people who missed it. If somebody else started a show thread I would have just put it in there. But nobody did.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:52 pm 

Beardown wrote:
spmack wrote:

No. It's a "Show thread" describing what I've heard the last 40 minutes for the people who missed it. If somebody else started a show thread I would have just put it in there. But nobody did.

Oh ok. I get it now.

:roll:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:52 pm 

Beardown wrote:
spmack wrote:

No. You still would of started this thread.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

spmack wrote:
Beardown wrote:
spmack wrote:

Oh ok. I get it now.

:roll:

If it makes you feel better, Goff is better than Carmen and Jurko. That's how awful I think those two are. Especially Carmen.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:54 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
Beardown wrote:
spmack wrote:

Would have.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:59 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
Beardown wrote:
spmack wrote:

Of course.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

What's greater, the amount of threads I start or the amount of stupid fights Goff starts with Spiegel?

Spmack: :oops: You gotta point there.

Beardown: Thank you.

Goff: Motha fucka!!!!!

Beardown: Hey, I said your better than Carmen.

Goff: Yeah, but coming from you, that's like saying the big white 12th man on an NBA team is better than the big white dope on another NBA team.

Beardown: Yes. But it's still a compliment.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Beardown, they are Goffing you.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Beardown, they are Goffing you.

I know, playa. I can handle it. But everybody needs to chill! It was just a show thread speaking the truth of what happened while I was listening during the lunch hour. I was just keepin' it real!!!!

I'm looking for something to do tonight. Who wants to invite me to their crib?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Beardown wrote:
Who wants to invite me to their crib?

Denny Hastert.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Today was really bad, the comments about BBQ, Jason talks about getting some new stuff, the show goes silent.

Spiegs breaks in with a "Realy jason? We are on the air"

Jason "Oh yeah, I know I was just looking at some stuff"

Spiegs "OK, we will be back after Jason goes through his Amazon account...stay with us"

Jason "Oh, I see how its going to be be"

That was my 5 minutes today.

Nothing personal at each, but it just doesnt work.

And yes, Jay Z and Shep, produce it. Spring is coming, guys BBQ, do it formally in some fashion.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:
Today was really bad, the comments about BBQ, Jason talks about getting some new stuff, the show goes silent.

Spiegs "OK, we will be back after Jason goes through his Amazon account...stay with us"

And yes, Jay Z and Shep, produce it. Spring is coming, guys BBQ, do it formally in some fashion.

Thank you for the confirmation. Take that, Spmack!!!!! :P

Though I didn't hear this exchange, it's just amazing how Goff brings the show to a screeching halt to get into these "kid like", petty fights with Spiegel. Half or sometimes an entire segment are these two bitches arguing about something so stupid. It's mostly Goff's issue. He's just not right. He always feels persecuted.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Someone posted this segment from yesterday where Goff got pissy with an old guy talking about the replica Wrigley Field. He was so Bernstein with the caller. I am not sure why Goff feels the need to go in that direction. Why is anger such a default emotion on WSCR?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
denisdman wrote:
Someone posted this segment from yesterday where Goff got pissy with an old guy talking about the replica Wrigley Field. He was so Bernstein with the caller. I am not sure why Goff feels the need to go in that direction. Why is anger such a default emotion on WSCR?

Because most of them seem to feel that they are above talking to the average sports fan. Nope, it's Very Smart Radio.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yeah. But Goff and drinky are dumb asses. So REALLY SMART RADIO doesn't work for them.

Here's the thing. The behavior by Goff, drinky and the rest of the backups wouldn't be accepted at any other radio station in the country. But at the SCORE it flies because they don't have rules, policy or any control. Bernstein set the culture. And Mitch is a week boss.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
bigfan wrote:

if the pope can do, goff can too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4k8l-wjbHg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:35 pm 

dont think hosts should have phones or computers in the studio. Might actually force them to have a show instead of readin tweets and texts....and they are all guilty of it. Let the producer read them and read them.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
denisdman wrote:

I think that was the guy who started his call by telling S & G that he was on hold so long that he needed a shave. :lol:

It was all downhill from there... S & G took an attitude and insulted him every chance they could.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:29 pm 

Godfella wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I think that was the guy who started his call by telling S & G that he was on hold so long that he needed a shave. :lol:

It was all downhill from there... S & G took an attitude and insulted him every chance they could.

Difference is that Silvy would just have apologized and thats it. Issue over and the call continues.

Spiegs is the guy who usually wont ever fire first, but drop one ball buster on him and its on!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
The bubble the Score broadcasts from must be exquisite.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

Just saying Jason is too much of a drama queen with his bitching, crying and petty fighting over nothing issues. Not becoming of a GROWN ASS MAN.

Hey Jason, since I know how much you idolize him, would Lebron James behave the way you do?

You know the answer. Of course he wouldn't. Be more like Lebron James, Jason. That's all I'm saying. Maybe putting it in this context will help Jason better understand.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Purely from a perspective of success enjoyed relative to quality of output, Goff is probably the worst radio host in the city.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

Dave In Champaign wrote:
Purely from a perspective of success enjoyed relative to quality of output, Goff is probably the worst radio host in the city.

Goff: Racist, motha fucka!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Dave In Champaign wrote:

Agreed. Though I often wonder if his "IDGAF" attitude is really just a shield to protect himself from the realization that he's not good.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

leashyourkids wrote:
Dave In Champaign wrote:

Agreed. Though I often wonder if his "IDGAF" attitude is really just a shield to protect himself from the realization that he's not good.

He's certainly an insecure person. As evidence of the topic of this thread and the discussion. So I wouldn't doubt that.

I mean he talks tough so you think that means confidence. But usually the tough talkers are the most insecure. But once he's challenged or if somebody, including his partner, gives his a slight dig, he goes into a crazed pissy fit.

My opinion, secure people are the ones that can take ball busting, laugh it off and move on. Especially on minor stuff. Goff does not have that ability. Any slight by Spiegel and he'll dig in his heels with "What do you mean by that?", "This is how it's gonna be today?" or "We gonna do this?" and it's just horrible radio. It's just annoying and exhausting to listeners. Goff has to remember he's on the air. I think he often forgets that. There are just too many stupid fights over nothing. He just sounds like a 10 year old kid when he does this shit.

I think I'm good at taking insults in stride. You guys should know since I take them constantly from you CSFMB people. At least give me that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Even though I won't let go of Division/Chicago like a dog won't let go of a steak, I don't think Goff is that bad. That being said, I don't really listen to the Score anymore and didn't listen to middays much to begin with, so maybe I never got the full Jason Goff experience.

It's disappointing (though not at all surprising) that he's fallen into doing Bernstein radio, given that he was the station's best shot at having A Guy on the air. But really, this conceit that being in the media and talking to The People is an unbearable burden isn't limited to the Score; they're just part of a bigger problem on display in this election cycle, predominantly by the more Hillary-inclined members of the media.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:22 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Goff thinks he has a cool catch phrase now. He's gonna beat it to death.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:57 pm 

pizza_Place: billss
bigfan wrote:

Is that why there is no hour 4 on the podcast for yesterday's show? I no longer listen live because the commercials through streaming audio are unbearable (just how many times do I have to hear Flo do an impression). Must have been bad if they couldn't cobble an hour four podcast from it.