It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 509 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Joynt, Milan IL
Franky T, just saw your PM, replied.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Got out today for the first time, played 11 or 12 holes at Edgebrook. Perfect place for a first time out. Haven't even had a range session aside from 20 balls last week to test my shoulder. No range so just got out and hit. Missed the ball with my 3H on the first tee. Didn't whiff, hit it so fat and a foot behind the ball that my club didn't even get to the tee. Surprised my club didn't break. The first few hybrids were like that to some extent, but then I started remembering how to swing and started making good and great contact with the hybrids.

The few irons I got to hit I hit pretty well, a little thin on one or two but nothing to complain about this early.

Short game was solid, good contact all day and even had the distance dialed in better than I expected this early in the season.

Shoulder was a little sore afterwards, but nothing bad at all. Looking forward to trying 18 at a real course soon.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Yesterday was one of the windiest days I remember playing in for a while. British Open like conditions

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:25 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
My last 2 rounds have not been good. 90 yesterday at a par 66 course. 108 a couple Fridays ago at Old Oak. I'm driving the ball very well, abd hitting my irons good overall. Putting has been mediocre at best, and chipping has been downright dreadful as I have a bad case of the shanks almost anytime I have a wedge in my hand. That said, I've enjoyed this year more as I am not fretting about the scores or getting upset. Golf is a game that should be enjoyed with friends and family, so I'm trying to do that this season. No more slamming clubs or being upset for 3-4 holes.

See Chus? It's not just low scores and great shot stories in this thread.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:04 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Frank Coztansa wrote:
My last 2 rounds have not been good. 90 yesterday at a par 66 course. 108 a couple Fridays ago at Old Oak. I'm driving the ball very well, abd hitting my irons good overall. Putting has been mediocre at best, and chipping has been downright dreadful as I have a bad case of the shanks almost anytime I have a wedge in my hand. That said, I've enjoyed this year more as I am not fretting about the scores or getting upset. Golf is a game that should be enjoyed with friends and family, so I'm trying to do that this season. No more slamming clubs or being upset for 3-4 holes.

See Chus? It's not just low scores and great shot stories in this thread.

You sure spent a lot of time thinking about me.

Oh, and you are welcome.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

You are welcome? :lol: :roll:

The thin air from that high horse is starting really affect you.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:17 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
You are welcome? :lol: :roll:

I thought I had led you to the straight and narrow, where all strokes count. Perhaps I was wrong. #AllStrokesMatter

Frank Coztansa wrote:
The thin air from that high horse is starting really affect you.

That is just an awful comeback. Why is it that you can't enjoy a round without shaving off some strokes? It is easy for me.

I'll bet that Ernie Els wishes that he could have picked up that two footer on the first hole on Thursday.

Stewing about this for two months is completely normal.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

Oh, yeah. You are just the best. You know it all. You're always right, and you make sure to let us all know it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:13 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Oh, yeah. You are just the best. You know it all. You're always right, and you make sure to let us all know it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

<º)))><

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:06 pm 

Looking forward to golf the next 4 out of 5 days. Might only be nine next two days but hopefully more.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:59 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Golf Channel showing an old Players Championship when Freddy wins. Pretty cool.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:21 am 

First off today at home course and 2nd off tomorrow at Shepherds Crook. Thrilled I'll have ten rounds in after this weekend already. Putting has been pathetic. Tempted to try cross handed but feels too awkward right now.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:47 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
T-Bone wrote:
First off today at home course and 2nd off tomorrow at Shepherds Crook. Thrilled I'll have ten rounds in after this weekend already. Putting has been pathetic. Tempted to try cross handed but feels too awkward right now.

Once I switched to cross handed I've never looked back.

I forgot how to chip today. Hit the ball so-so, but had about 5 chunked chips. Finished with an 85.

Back at it tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:42 am 
100000 CLUB

Quit stealing my game!

Played a 9 hole course on Friday twice. 43-49. Three lost balls on the 2nd go round. Mercy.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Played my first round in over three years yesterday at Stone Creek. Course was in great shape for April.
I hit about 25 balls on the range before. I actually struck the ball very well overall. I had some good chips and some awful ones, same for putts. I didn't make many but was around the hole. I had two three put pars and made no birdies. Ran out of gas the last few holes. Double bogeyed the last four for a smooth 92. Hit the ball a lot better than my score. I hope to get out a couple more times this year.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:58 am 

T-Bone wrote:

I switched last year and haven't looked back. Took no more than a couple rounds to get used to it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:16 am 

Got out Saturday for my first actual round. White Pines, horrible course, but fine for a first round of the year. Played it from the tips (6300) which is deceiving cause its a par 70 with only 3 par 5s. SO the course plays a lot longer with several long par 4s and 3s. Shot a 92 and was very happy about it. Spent the whole round tinkering with my hybrid swing trying to remember how to swing that club. Ended up hitting 26 hybrids on the day, 12 of them really good. Even the bad ones I made good contact as I only had 2 mis-hits all day, one fat and one topped. My miss was always a hook so I'm glad about that in the sense that my miss was always in the same place and I'd rather be missing with hook than a slice.

Only hit 4 full iron shots all day, but hit 3 of them really good. THe other one was thinned.

Chipping and putting both really good for this time of the year, distance control is way off as is expected at the start of the season, but contact has been solid.

Still need to figure out what I'm going to do from the tee from now on. Can't find a 14 or 16 degree hybrid anywhere.

Shoulder and back were pretty sore yesterday, shoulder is still sore today.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:00 pm 

74 out at Shepherds with no birdies Sunday. Got up and down 5 of 6 times from off the green.
Greens were a bit slow but the course is drying up nice and reasonably priced at $30 to walk 18. I'll be back this summer when the greens are lightning fast.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:14 pm 

Went to the range last night to try and figure out the driver. Spent a lot of time thinking about ways to get the slice spin off my drives. Tried a few things at the range and low and behold it started working. 8 straight drives down the middle. Then I sat down and took a break for 5 minutes and when I went back to hit more it was gone. Back to slicing.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:56 am 
100000 CLUB

Playing Friday afternoon at Coyote Run, and Saturday morning at Green Garden (never been there). A cumulative score of <180 would be nice. I've had so many chunks, duffs, and lost balls over the last 3-4 rounds its ridiculous. Easily 30 strokes of just pure awfulness. Hoping to play better this weekend and keep the wasted shots to a bare minimum.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:46 pm 

Playing early next two mornings. Hoping to get out on Blue course for first time at the home track.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:47 am 

Got around in 2.5 hours this morning. Shot a 73 with bogeys on two par 5s. Hit ball in the water off the tee on 18, dropped and hit and left it pin high off the green and chipped in for par. One of those days. Got up and down 7 of 8 times and only 25 putts. Anytime I'm at 30 or less I'm thrilled.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:11 am 
100000 CLUB

Did not end up playing Friday. 98 on Saturday. My game is in the toilet. :(

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:03 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
We had our opening day scramble today. Blind draw with handicaps basically even for all teams. 21 teams and we tied for first at -10. I'm a B player in these events and our A player was a big bomber. We needed three drives each and as the round progressed it seemed every good drive I hit was on holes where our A smoked one, or our C and D hit a good drive to take. We started on hole 12, and came to the 10th with me needing one more drive. The 11th at my course is not my favorite hole at all - OB left, woods and creek right. I was the first (and only) to hit on 10 tee, took a deep breath, and crushed one right down the middle. That was a good feeling.

Funny thing is my chipping/pitching has been horrible lately. Went out and practiced that a bit on Saturday. We had about four shots 75 yards and in today and I stoned every one of those to about 5' leading to birdies. Golf is a crazy game.

Last edited by Franky T on Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:11 pm 

1st time out this year on one of the toughest local courses. My opening round is usually one of my better ones of the year. Not today. 104. 2 8's and a 9. Could not get off the tee. Had to finally swing about half speed and choke down to hit a fairway. Putted very well. Also hit a 3 wood out of a fairway bunker twice with amazing results. Don't ask how.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
Peoria Matt wrote:
1st time out this year on one of the toughest local courses. My opening round is usually one of my better ones of the year. Not today. 104. 2 8's and a 9. Could not get off the tee. Had to finally swing about half speed and choke down to hit a fairway. Putted very well. Also hit a 3 wood out of a fairway bunker twice with amazing results. Don't ask how.

Where did you play?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:39 am 

Lick Creek

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:44 am 

Got out yesterday at Indian Lakes in Bloomingdale. Nothing special course which is why its fine for April golf. Greens had been punched recently and sanded. Other that that course was in fine shape. I was a single and there was no one to pair me up with and the course was full of 4somes so I had about 10 minutes between every shot. Gave me plenty of time to focus. Paid off as I played really well. Even got off the tee with the driver thanks to the range session I had earlier in the week. Think I only had one sliced drive all day. 40 on the front, but back started to stiffen up 4 hours into the round and faltered a bit on the back for a 43 and an 83 total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:51 pm 

Another couple early weekend rounds planned. Probably be pretty wet out there at sunrise but not too busy and should miss most of the rain. C'mon spring lets show up already. I like the 50s and 60s golf weather.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:31 am 
100000 CLUB

Did not score all that well due to a couple of poor chips and SIX 3putts, but hit the ball better than I have in 4-5 rounds. 88 at Coyote Run yesterday. I hit 8 GIR, and 3 putted most of them. I had the craziest birdie I've ever had. Short par 3, ~130 yards over water. I skull ed the shot, it skipped across the water, hit the bank, popped up and landed on the green to about 8-10 feet, and that was my only 1 putt of the day.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 509 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next