It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:37 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Goff

Serious

STFU about your teeth cleaning, went on with it between commercial breaks. We get it, we all hate it, it sucks, it hurts, it is shit...

but we dont have a radio show and even if any of us did, we would know to stop talking about it after the first minute!

had to turn off the nonsense, which bums me out because I like hearing Cowley rip on people!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
The problem with the show is that these guys think their boring lives are worth sharing with the audience. These two must have the worst social lives of anyone I know. I still recall that story Goff told about a waitress who didn't serve him quickly, presumably because of his race. But the dumb thing about the story is he said he went back to that same restaurant for dinner the same day. How many people go to the same sit down restaurant twice in a day?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:14 am 

Man is this show off the rails.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Goff foot fetish talk with Cowley... :?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:22 am 

Godfella wrote:

They're still talking about it. Oh and Goff appreciates the female body.....what?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:24 am 

denisdman wrote:
Godfella wrote:

They're still talking about it. Oh and Goff appreciates the female body.....what?

The Blackhawks are in the playoffs, Cubs and Sox are both off to a great start, the NBA playoffs are in full swing and we get to hear Rex Ryan audio drops.

C'mon, man. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:26 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
maybe his stories would be less irritating if there wasnt a (oh im so cool) giggle between every 3 words spoken....?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:29 am 

I need another rant about how people irrationally hate DRose and LeBron. Let's do that show again.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:47 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
denisdman wrote:
Godfella wrote:

Appreciates?

Is Goff a confirmed bachelor?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Had to turn it off when they went back to Goff's foot obsession; turned on Kaplan, very refreshing to hear straight sports talk without the nonsense.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Nice of Goff to let Cowley ask one question of the guest they had on.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:12 pm 

denisdman wrote:
The problem with the show is that these guys think their boring lives are worth sharing with the audience. These two must have the worst social lives of anyone I know. I still recall that story Goff told about a waitress who didn't serve him quickly, presumably because of his race. But the dumb thing about the story is he said he went back to that same restaurant for dinner the same day. How many people go to the same sit down restaurant twice in a day?

I dont think its the events of their life.

Some people can make anything sound interesting and some people could be James Bond and come off boring about it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:15 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
rogers park bryan wrote:
Some people can make anything sound interesting and some people could be James Bond and come off boring about it.

Goff: And what's your name?

O'Toole: Plenty.....Plenty O'Toole.

Goff: Named after your father, no doubt.......could I meet him?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
The guys that are best at riffing on the mundane things in life are always the ones with comedy/improv backgrounds. Otherwise, it just seems like you're telling this listener about your day, with no real point or punchline to it. For all his other faults, Carolla is tremendous at taking a mundane story from his day and spinning into 30+ minutes of [sometimes] listenable and [sometimes] funny riffing. Spiegel is great at painting a picture, with his words, but the punchlines are usually self-deprication that don't go far enough to complete any semblance of a joke.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

Goff is just an odd bird. He ain't right.

I actually envy him a little bit. I wish I could derive suchh excitement over nothingness the way he does. The way he tells stories about mundane activities in his life means he's never bored. Every day is an adventure to him. Everything is exciting to him. I mean doing laundry is a big deal for Goff and a next day "on air" story. We should all be so lucky to get excited about simple things. But most people aren't that way.

You know the old saying to express that things are boring.... "That's as exciting as watching paint dry or grass grow."

Well, I actually think Goff would be excited to watch paint dry or grass grow. Good for him. But he ain't right.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:04 am 

Oh good Goff is retiring from pick-up activities after a recent injury. More mundane I don't give a crap stuff right out of the gate.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Beardown wrote:
Goff is just an odd bird. He ain't right.

I actually envy him a little bit. I wish I could derive suchh excitement over nothingness the way he does. The way he tells stories about mundane activities in his life means he's never bored. Every day is an adventure to him. Everything is exciting to him. I mean doing laundry is a big deal for Goff and a next day "on air" story. We should all be so lucky to get excited about simple things. But most people aren't that way.

You know the old saying to express that things are boring.... "That's as exciting as watching paint dry or grass grow."

Well, I actually think Goff would be excited to watch paint dry or grass grow. Good for him. But he ain't right.

Well,if your a Radio Host,I guess that's a gift to make mundane stuff a conversation. I think these guys think because they have sport shows,it also qualifies them to be stand up comics. Most of the time on that station it=FAIL.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:18 am 

Jimmy, it must be a generational thing. We are seeing the same mundane crap from DiCaro and her Twitter feed. It is simply a case of people attributing importance to every day life annoyances and happenings. There is nothing remotely entertaining about the day to day activities of these individuals.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:20 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
denisdman wrote:
Oh good Goff is retiring from pick-up activities after a recent injury. More mundane I don't give a crap stuff right out of the gate.

Out of the gate with woe is the Score. Treated so poorly by the Sox because they have a chip on their shoulder. I texted in that maybe it has to do with Bernsie, constant Cub blowjobs whille bashing Sox and less than polite or constrictive Hawk bashing. You can't treat a team on your station that way. I am sitting and waiting for my answer. Probably be a while.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I love the Hawk bashing, the guy is insufferable. Goff is about as annoying and boring as any host I've heard on the Score, Mitch has an uncanny ability to find guys with no talent.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:36 am 

312player wrote:
I love the Hawk bashing, the guy is insufferable. Goff is about as annoying and boring as any host I've heard on the Score, Mitch has an uncanny ability to find guys with no talent.

I am not saying they cannot think it or that they are wrong. I am saying you cannot treat the voice of the team on your station like that and expect the Sox to be nice to or go out of their way for the other hosts.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:40 am 

I don't think they really give a fuck about what the Sox think and couldn't wait til the contract was up n leave the team.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:57 am 

312player wrote:

I used to love Goff. It must have been the small doses where he seemed interesting. Now I truly feel bad for this guy. There are guys inside Cook County Jail having a better time than this guy.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:16 am 

312player wrote:
I don't think they really give a fuck about what the Sox think and couldn't wait til the contract was up n leave the team.

Again I agree but you can't then have Goff complaining none of the Sox brass return his calls or players clamoring to get on with him to chat. That is what he was doing this morning.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Goff is the worst interviewer in the world.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:25 am 

One of the foundations of the creative process is establishing characters that the audience truly relates to and care about.

A radio show/host/segment/network is no exception to this rule.

It's simple - most of The Score personalities/talent have not, will not or cannot ever connect to the audience because they are just not likable.

If the audience did like/enjoy/care about the host, then the little off-sports topics would be better received.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
The LaRouche stuff got Cowley going on Kenny again. Now that's good radio.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:10 am 

pittmike wrote:
312player wrote:

Again I agree but you can't then have Goff complaining none of the Sox brass return his calls or players clamoring to get on with him to chat. That is what he was doing this morning.

Ahh OK..I don't listen, nobody @ the score can grab their cell n call a Sox oR cubs player, Kaplan could n Waddle n maybe Silverman but nobody @ the Score, Goff is a nobody, Their "Elite" guy Bernstein is thought of a nerd and no players are talking to that clown.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:13 am 

Goff & Billy....Oh my.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:29 am 

denisdman wrote:
Goff & Billy....Oh my.

Fuck off Dennis you don't pay their salaries. :lol: