All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Schuster...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:39 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Edward Dickman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
billypootons wrote:
i enjoyed the eveyman call from the welder sox fan bitching about how sox fans are not showing up to games... of course he was at work today until 5 so thats why he couldnt go... he was kind enough to admit he'd had a few beers... pretty impressive for only having been off work for an hour. If only the score had all meatball all the time.. it would be glorious

That was great. I knew when the goof was saying it that he hadn't gone to a game himself.

Also, the DH calls were great. I loved the Cub fan callers that hate the DH because the Cub pitchers are "great" hitters. I guess they don't watch the Lester games. And there aren't pitchers who are "great" hitters. Arrieta is about a .160 career hitter. Schuster was wrong when he said Zambrano was .200. He's actually .238 and I know that off the top of my head. I've had this conversation many times before. Rick Rhoden was supposed to be "great". He's .238 also. Now, Wes Ferrell was actually pretty good. .280 for a long career. Terry Forster is .400 for his career, limited at-bats though. Walter Johnson was a .235 hitter but he actually hit .430 in 100 at-bats near the end of his career. The best hitting pitcher ever was George Uhle, .289 for his career. Watching pitchers hit pretty much sucks.

Doesn't fhe DH make the game much less complex?

Not really. It just makes it different. Everyone knows when you're going to pinch-hit for the pitcher the vast majority of the time. Six year olds in the stands are calling that shit out. It's no more complex than making the call on whether the pitcher has anything left in the AL. And it really doesn't take a genius to understand a double switch.