It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 509 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Miserable out there today. Freezing and wet. 79-82 this weekend. Four three putts on back nine yesterday and my bogey bogey bogey double bogey finish today killed my card. Highlight of the weekend was hitting the pin from 125 out on a par 5. I lagged it up close from 8 ft for my par.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:51 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Shot 83 today at a course that is 6,900ish from the tees we played. Chilly and wet, but not unbearable. Holes into the prevailing wind, that just happen to be uphill, were playing 2-3 clubs longer. Missed a couple putts that I hit just where I wanted to and burned the edge which meant three putt bogeys. Overall I was happy with the way I struck the ball today. 83 was a good score for me in those conditions.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:56 pm 

QuadCityDope wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
Scooter wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

Hit one of these a while back and loved it. Pulled the trigger on a 3, 4 and 5 in great shape with hc's off of ebay. Can't wait to get out and hit them.

Let me know how they play. Thought about some this winter but pulled back on buy. Just do not get out enough to warrant the money I am on call like 24/7 so I have no idea how much or when I can play this year.

I got these for 70 bucks including shipping which I thought was a great deal. I have my old 3, 4 and 5 that I would sell you. 3 and 4 are Tour Edge and the 5 is a Wilson Staff. All are in great shape and have headcovers. Let me know if you are ever in Peoria.

I've got the 3 CFT Ti Hogan hybrid I'd sell for $30 if anyone wants it. Bought it 4 seasons ago for one shot on a par 3 at the course I was a member at that year. Might have hit it 25 times tops. Has the Crossfire steel shaft in it but it has a gold look to it, stiff.

I ended up buying this off QuadCityDope (thanks for the good deal) and absolutely love it.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:55 am 

What degree is that thing Franky? Does it have a lower profile head on it like a hybrid or rolled over like a wood?

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Finally had my irons bent 2* upright. Interested to see how this affects my iron play. This is the first time I have anything close to fitted gear in my bag.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:40 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:
Finally had my irons bent 2* upright. Interested to see how this affects my iron play. This is the first time I have anything close to fitted gear in my bag.

:thumleft: hope it works out. When do you test them out?

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:42 pm 

Was intending to demo the new Ping G Series irons while I dropped my irons off. Was hitting high, straight bombs with the 7 iron in yellow dot (1.5 degrees up, Ping's new "standard"). After I was done I realized I was hitting the GMax w/ AWT 2.0 shaft (an ascending weight shaft made by Nippon). Normally Ping's G series irons are too chunky and, more importantly, too much offset for my eye. Maybe it's the new hosel, but these visually work for me. Headed over to Chicago Bill's in Hanover Park and the Pings have emerged as the leader in the clubhouse over the Mizunos and Srixons. The Wilson D200 is a really impressive iron - I could easily play that as well.

Probably going to hold off on irons until later in the fall when my swing is grooved (or not), but I could easily see going with the Pings - maybe a combo set, w/ 52/28 Glide wedges - since you can buy by the club.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:15 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:

:thumleft: hope it works out. When do you test them out?

Probably in two weeks. I have been sick all month and just starting to feel close to 100%. No desire to play until it warms up a bit.

Have to first find a range w/ their grass tees open.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 6:46 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
What degree is that thing Franky? Does it have a lower profile head on it like a hybrid or rolled over like a wood?

It's a 21. It looks like your typical hybrid at address, but appears to be more square than most.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 7:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
My golf season has been derailed before it even started. I went to the range a month ago, and that was the first time I picked up a club since September. About three weeks ago, I woke up with my left hand in an awkward position, with my thumb bent back. I bought a brace from Walgreens, and took Aleve for the pain, but it wasn't improving. Went to the doctor today, and was diagnosed with tendonitis. She prescribed an anti-inflammatory to be taken twice a day. If the pain doesn't go away in a week, I have to meet with a hand surgeon to determine the next course of action. I am looking at a minimum of 4-6 weeks for a full recovery, and that's if the 500mg Naprosyn works. 500mg Naprosyn is basically two Aleves, which haven't done shit for the pain to this point, so I am not very optimistic. At least it's my left thumb, so it won't affect my bowling.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 6:27 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I mentioned a while back I was going to take lessons to get my game in order this year. I committed and my first of three lessons is tonight. It is with a pro and a respected course for one hour each lesson. Anything in particular I should be looking at to judge whether this is a good teacher and so on?

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 10:18 am 

pittmike wrote:
I mentioned a while back I was going to take lessons to get my game in order this year. I committed and my first of three lessons is tonight. It is with a pro and a respected course for one hour each lesson. Anything in particular I should be looking at to judge whether this is a good teacher and so on?

I would ask one of the top notch golfers here, like T-Bone.

When I had my first lesson, my teacher had me hit a few shots with my six iron, and he immediately saw my stance and grip were off, so we started there.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 11:08 am 

pittmike wrote:

A good teacher won't tell you too much at one time. Information overload is never good when you are standing over the ball.

One thing I can't stress enough about getting lessons no matter how good the teacher...practice, practice, practice. Taking lessons without practicing what he teaches you after the lesson is just throwing your money away and you won't get better.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 11:27 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Franky T wrote:
pittmike wrote:

A good teacher won't tell you too much at one time. Information overload is never good when you are standing over the ball.

One thing I can't stress enough about getting lessons no matter how good the teacher...practice, practice, practice. Taking lessons without practicing what he teaches you after the lesson is just throwing your money away and you won't get better.

Agreed. On that note, don't schedule your lessons too close to each other timewise. Give yourself a couple weeks at least to work on whatever you learn in the first lesson.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 11:28 am 

Chus wrote:
My golf season has been derailed before it even started. I went to the range a month ago, and that was the first time I picked up a club since September. About three weeks ago, I woke up with my left hand in an awkward position, with my thumb bent back. I bought a brace from Walgreens, and took Aleve for the pain, but it wasn't improving. Went to the doctor today, and was diagnosed with tendonitis. She prescribed an anti-inflammatory to be taken twice a day. If the pain doesn't go away in a week, I have to meet with a hand surgeon to determine the next course of action. I am looking at a minimum of 4-6 weeks for a full recovery, and that's if the 500mg Naprosyn works. 500mg Naprosyn is basically two Aleves, which haven't done shit for the pain to this point, so I am not very optimistic. At least it's my left thumb, so it won't affect my bowling.

That sucks. I know a really good hand surgeon if you need a rec? He's at Rush downtown.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 11:35 am 

Started my after work league at Sportsman last night. A tad chilly to say the least. Played well though, struck the ball great. in fact only mis hit I had all round was on a putt lol. Allignment was my issue as I was pin high, but 30 yards right of target on several approach shots early in the round. Ended up with an ok 43 which is fine for me since I feel like the front9 at Sportsman was designed to hurt my game. 6 of the 9 holes set up horribly for me, especially 8 and 9 which are a 215 yard par 3 and a 450 yard uphill par 4 (both always into the wind). If I play those at 2 over I'm content. But, that makes it very difficult to score since I can't ever make any strokes up at the end of the 9.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 6:56 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Hope you can get out soon, Chus. Can you practice putting at least?

If the rain holds out, I will be going to shitty Meadows in Blue Island on Saturday afternoon. Its a course that is generally in mediocre condition at best, but its pretty easy and wide open for the most part. If I cannot break 90 there I will be very disappointed in myself. Of course, I hit a fair amount of good shots last Friday and my putting was dreadful so lets hope that improves.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 6:57 am 

Lesson reschedule to Tuesday due to weather. :x

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 9:47 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

No.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 9:53 am 

Chus wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

No.

How the hell did you hurt your thumb that badly while sleeping?

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 9:55 am 

pittmike wrote:
Chus wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

No.

How the hell did you hurt your thumb that badly while sleeping?

It was bent back awkwardly for who knows how long. Any pressure hurts like hell. Opening up a peanut butter jar is a chore these days.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 10:04 am 

That sucks. Hold cold beer bottles in it and get back to us in the morning.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 10:07 am 

pittmike wrote:
That sucks. Hold cold beer bottles in it and get back to us in the morning.

That was the first thing I tried.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 10:40 am 

Franky T wrote:

This is probably the best advice you will receive about lessons. He should first determine where you are with your game and where you want to be.

I imagine that grip, stance and alignment is a good starting point. Make sure you are getting specific drills you can use between lessons.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 9:39 pm 

Shot a 78 today. Hit my driver solid and that's the key at my home course. Spent about an hour practicing before I played and shot my best round of the year. Imagine that?!?!?

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 11:10 am 

Brutal day at Shepherd's Crook yesterday for their annual "spring" scramble. At one point it was hailing on us. But, had a great time and I actually played really well despite the conditions. Rest of my team, not so much, but that was expected. One guy is about a 25 handicap. Other guy is ok, but he had a baby last summer who didn't leave the hospital for the first 6 months so he hasn't touched a club since last July. Other guy thinks he's better than Jordan Spieth, but is usually on the wrong side of 90.

We finished 3 under with 1 bogey, looked to be good for 8-10th place, but we didn't stick around to hear the results.

Playing with the wife and Furious this afternoon at Mt Prospect, although if it doesn't warm up significantly in the next few hours I don't think I'm gonna play. Can't deal with cold two days in a row.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 11:58 am 

^^^^^^^^^^

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 12:52 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
:lol: :lol:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
Bought a Cobra BioCell driver. Yes indeed, I finally own a club made in the 21st century. :lol: :oops:

Used it at the 9 hole Flagg Creek in Countryside. Shot under a 50. Only has 2 or 3 "bad" holes. Conditions were shitty Wednesday morning.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:46 am 

i should've stuck with my gut and stayed home yesterday. Ended up playing with the wife and Furious at Mt. Prospect. Shot an 84 there a week ago, yesterday a cool 97. Worst round not attributed to bad back since may of 2014. Had a couple rounds later that year over 100, but those were days I couldn't even bend over. Yesterday I felt fine physically.

Don't know if it was the lack of focus from not wanting to be out there, but I couldn't do anything right. My usual miss to the right with the driver was replaced by misses to the left. Forgot how to swing a hybrid on the range, took all round to get that straightened out. Left 4 putts an inch short. Just awful at every turn.

Last year I had my worst round of the year when I played with Hawg, Tbone and my wife up in Wisconsin. Noticing a trend here. I gotta divorce my wife!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 509 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next