It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 509 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Unlike some, I count all my strokes. I admit to being horrible, but hope to play more this year. Got out yesterday and wasn't too bad.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
shakes wrote:
i should've stuck with my gut and stayed home yesterday. Ended up playing with the wife and Furious at Mt. Prospect. Shot an 84 there a week ago, yesterday a cool 97. Worst round not attributed to bad back since may of 2014. Had a couple rounds later that year over 100, but those were days I couldn't even bend over. Yesterday I felt fine physically.

Don't know if it was the lack of focus from not wanting to be out there, but I couldn't do anything right. My usual miss to the right with the driver was replaced by misses to the left. Forgot how to swing a hybrid on the range, took all round to get that straightened out. Left 4 putts an inch short. Just awful at every turn.

Last year I had my worst round of the year when I played with Hawg, Tbone and my wife up in Wisconsin. Noticing a trend here. I gotta divorce my wife!

Just blame Hawg.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 2:37 pm 

I have sprained ligaments in my left thumb. The plan for now is to keep the thumb immobilized for the next month, and hope it heals on its own. If the pain is still there in one month, an MRI will be done. I am out of commission likely for 2-3 months. :(

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 3:06 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Want to sell anything?

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:04 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
Want to sell anything?

I'm not dying.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:12 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Peoria Matt wrote:
Want to sell anything?

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:39 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Chus wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
Want to sell anything?

I'm not dying.
What about the Blackhawks jacket?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:18 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Chus wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
Want to sell anything?

I'm not dying.
What about the Blackhawks jacket?

When I die, you can have this jacket.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Chus wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
Want to sell anything?

I'm not dying.

Dying to play golf.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:41 am 
100000 CLUB

I played last Saturday at cold, soggy, windy, and beat up River Oaks in Cal City. 5:45 tee time, first guy out. Course was not in good shape, but the greens were awesome which is usually the case for the early tee times there. I was able to get around in 2.5 hours, played 2 balls the entire time and even played 2 extra holes as there was only about 3 groups on the course when I left. I ended up with 99-96. I 4 jacked a par 3 green which was horrible, and put 3 balls OB on a par 5 to score a 7 and 8. The only thing that saved the 8 was I hit my 7th :x shot from about 60 yards to 3'. Other than that Waterloo hole, my game was fairly decent. My putting was still not very good, as I had seven 3 putts between the 2 balls, but I lost only one other ball and was able to chip to 4' or less probably 5 or 6 times. The cold and wind definitely affected some of the shots, however I was pleased with the results overall and it was nice to play alone and play real quick.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 11:05 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:
Finally had my irons bent 2* upright. Interested to see how this affects my iron play. This is the first time I have anything close to fitted gear in my bag.

:thumleft: hope it works out. When do you test them out?

Played my 1st round w/ the lie angle adjustment. Hit a few irons that felt pured and that doesn't happen too often for me w/irons. Can't believe I didn't do this sooner.

Going to decide between the Ping GMax or the Ping G irons later in the season. Nice thing is Ping now stocks yellow dot (1.5* up) as standard so I can buy off the rack if I want.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 1:17 pm 

Tomorrow I will try for the third time to not get rained out of my lesson.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 8:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

41 putts today. Fucking atrocious.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:31 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Played Lake Bluff on Saturday with some friends. Place is being run by Billy Casper as of this year and you can already see the differences and that's not a good thing. Complimentary warm up balls are a thing of the past. But, worse of all, they had punched the greens and didn't bother to tell anyone who made a tee time. To me, that's the same as stealing or running a scam. I won't be going back there this year as punishment. Last year I played out there 5 or 6 times and also brought a 12 person outing there so that's a loss for them. Played really well, but left at least 9 shots out there and ended up with an 85. 3 3putt bogeys, my specialty.

Yesterday played with the wife at Stonewall Orchard. Course was in great shape except for sand on the greens. Despite that the greens were lightning quick. But, with the sand they weren't holding approach shots which led to a bad combo of good shots doing bad things. Played like dog shit and shot a 93. another 3 3putt bogeys in this round. Starting to get really tired of playing with the wife and dealing with her on-course mood swings. We're gonna need to have a come to Jesus talk where I explain to her that she either needs to figure out how to have a good time even when she's playing bad or else she needs to find a new hobby.

Playing Glencoe today after work with another attorney from work.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 12:01 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
94 after a 104 my 1st time out. Very happy with the way I hit it after not being able to hit a drive in my 1st round. Putted horribly. Kind of weird putting up a 94 with no OB's but I will take it at this point.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 12:33 pm 

You need to allow for an adjustment period now that you are playing Chus' clubs.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 1:00 pm 

Another washout here. I am really hating the rain this year.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 2:25 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:
You need to allow for an adjustment period now that you are playing Chus' clubs.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 7:06 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
If any of you mustaches want to play in my tournament, let me know:

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 7:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
What does the buffet consist of?

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 7:18 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
leashyourkids wrote:
What does the buffet consist of?

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 1:42 pm 

Played Glencoe yesterday, love having that course 4 minutes from my office. Course was in very nice shape as always.

Crazy story...me and my buddy tee off at 3:45, there's a 4some up ahead of us a couple holes and no one behind us so we take our time and play really slow, spend 10 minutes on every tee box just chatting, having a good time. Get to the 12th hole and I notice a single walker behind us catching up. Figure we'll just let him play through when he catches us. He finally does when we are on the 13th green. Getting ready to putt and he starts yelling at us from the fairway, "if you're gonna cut in front of me at least don't hold me up!". We're like, wtf is he talking about? So I yell back that we haven't cut in front of anyone all day and are playing the holes in order. He shouts back about how he teed off at 5:00 and hasn't seen us all day. Like I said earlier, we were playing very slow which is why he never saw us till then. So more yelling back and forth about how full of crap he is. So he picks up his ball and goes to next tee box to jump in front of us. We finish putting and get up there as well, thinking this could get ugly. Get up there and realize that the guy yelling is a friend/hockey teammate of mine. End up playing the rest of the round with him.

Can't wait till our next game so I can tell that story in the locker room in front of the whole team and everyone can give him the appropriate amount of s*** for being such an idiot.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 5:48 pm 
100000 CLUB

Wow. That is the best story I have ever heard. Thank you for sharing.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 6:17 pm 

shakes wrote:
Played Glencoe yesterday, love having that course 4 minutes from my office. Course was in very nice shape as always.

Crazy story...me and my buddy tee off at 3:45, there's a 4some up ahead of us a couple holes and no one behind us so we take our time and play really slow, spend 10 minutes on every tee box just chatting, having a good time. Get to the 12th hole and I notice a single walker behind us catching up. Figure we'll just let him play through when he catches us. He finally does when we are on the 13th green. Getting ready to putt and he starts yelling at us from the fairway, "if you're gonna cut in front of me at least don't hold me up!". We're like, wtf is he talking about? So I yell back that we haven't cut in front of anyone all day and are playing the holes in order. He shouts back about how he teed off at 5:00 and hasn't seen us all day. Like I said earlier, we were playing very slow which is why he never saw us till then. So more yelling back and forth about how full of crap he is. So he picks up his ball and goes to next tee box to jump in front of us. We finish putting and get up there as well, thinking this could get ugly. Get up there and realize that the guy yelling is a friend/hockey teammate of mine. End up playing the rest of the round with him.

Can't wait till our next game so I can tell that story in the locker room in front of the whole team and everyone can give him the appropriate amount of s*** for being such an idiot.

Classic Shakes.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Playing a lot but haven't been tearing it up. Thankful that it's finally dried out. My putting has been
Very good. New irons coming around but still need work. I have had it with my driver and put it in
My basement after wrestling with it for the last year. I will go back to my 2010 R9 Superdeep. If I hit that well I will be putting my SLDR up for sale. :lol: I have played 19 full rounds with at least two more coming up over the holiday weekend. Strong start through May.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 7:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

108 at Balmoral Woods yesterday. I havent olayed that poorly in a long time. I couldnt do anything correctly. Literally. I was so frustrated after an 8 on a par 4, I threw my ball into the woods, it hit a tree, and rolled back onto the green. Great course, though it had too many doglegs for my liking, and a beautiful day. But that score sheesh. No pars and not a single GIR. Even the Sox bullpen had a better weekend.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 5:32 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Had a match play match today. I won 8 and 7. I won the first 6 holes. Damn that felt good.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 8:07 pm 

Had my first lesson. Was great. Guy is a local radio pro to on ESPN. Anyway grip, address good. Back swing needed work. Biggest problem is no full follow through. I have some mental block holding me back. Probably from years of baseball and hockey.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 8:32 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Had my first lesson. Was great. Guy is a local radio pro to on ESPN. Anyway grip, address good. Back swing needed work. Biggest problem is no full follow through. I have some mental block holding me back. Probably from years of baseball and hockey.

That's one of my issues.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 9:15 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
108 at Balmoral Woods yesterday. I havent olayed that poorly in a long time. I couldnt do anything correctly. Literally. I was so frustrated after an 8 on a par 4, I threw my ball into the woods, it hit a tree, and rolled back onto the green. Great course, though it had too many doglegs for my liking, and a beautiful day. But that score sheesh. No pars and not a single GIR. Even the Sox bullpen had a better weekend.

Love Balmoral Woods. One of the true hidden gems of the Chicago area. Great value if u don't mind the drive from the city. Tough course too so don't feel too bad.
I'm up in Wisconsin for the weekend, playing all weekends at my favorite course on earth, Lawsonia. 86 on the Links course with god awful putting. Made one putt all day outside of 3 feet. today hit he woodlands course and did better, a 83. Finally figured out the putting on the back 9.

Tomorrow one last round on the Links.

Hitting my driver and irons better than I ever have. But for som unknown reason I can't hit my hybrids anymore this year. Pretty perplexing considering how well I've hit those clubs the last couple years.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 509 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next