It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: tronc
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
http://www.robertfeder.com/2016/06/02/s ... ove-ferro/

Quote:
Colleagues,

Today, I am pleased to announce another important step in our transformation – the renaming of our Company to tronc, or tribune online content. At our core, we remain a content curation and monetization company focused on creating and distributing premium, verified content across all channels. This rebranding acknowledges our important evolution as a company and captures the essence of our vision for the future.

Tribune Publishing has a proud history, with iconic brands that remain the core of who we are. But as we are all well-aware, the media industry is shifting rapidly, and the path to success requires an innovative new approach and a fundamentally different way of operating.

We are embracing this evolution with open arms and executing a transformation strategy focused on leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning to create an interactive and customized user experience to benefit our 60 million monthly users. It has been a busy time – in just a few short months, we have already made significant progress, including:

Reorganizing the business into new operating and reporting units to increase transparency and drive corporate focus;

Launching troncX, our content curation and monetization engine, which combines our existing assets with new artificial intelligence (“AI”) technology to accelerate our digital growth; and

Partnering with Nant Capital and Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong to accelerate the transformation from a legacy news company to a technology and content company.

Renaming the Company is the logical next step in this journey and underscores our commitment to completely transform the business – and the industry – and to continue to best serve our readers and the communities in which we operate.

We will be communicating with you often over the coming weeks about the mechanics of the transition process. Importantly, this change does not impact the name of our proud and iconic brands.

As part of this announcement, we also announced that the Company will be transferring its stock exchange listing from the New York Stock Exchange to the Nasdaq Stock Exchange. tronc shares are expected to begin trading as a Nasdaq-listed security under the new ticker symbol “TRNC” on June 20. Nasdaq is the home to many other leading innovators and technology companies, providing the ideal platform for tronc shares.

Separately, you may have also seen that our Annual Meeting of Shareholders was held earlier today in Los Angeles. We are pleased to announce that shareholders elected all of the Company’s nominees. On behalf of the Board, we are grateful for the support of our shareholders, and look forward to continuing to serve their best interests as we execute our strategic plan.

Importantly, the majority of voting shareholders rejected Gannett’s symbolic, feeble and expensive withhold campaign. We cannot speculate as to what Gannett may choose to do as a result of this rejection, but the best thing we can do is to stay focused on the important work we have underway. I sincerely hope that the Gannett shareholders begin to express their displeasure to the Gannett Board regarding the corporate waste that has been perpetrated these past six weeks with their massive spend on this emblematic campaign. Gannet’s interest in our Company only reinforces the high value of our innovation and strategic vision.

This is an incredibly exciting time as we continue to transform our Company and industry. As we start this new chapter as tronc, I want to thank each of you for the hard work and dedication that has allowed us to create a better future for our Company.

Thank you for all that you do.

Best,

Justin Dearborn

Does this mean it's the tronc Tower now?

Post subject: Re: tronc
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
We underwrote Nant this week for its IPO. Small world.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
denisdman wrote:
We underwrote Nant this week for its IPO. Small world.

Is Pronk (aka Travis Hafner) one of the investors?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Will they be delivering the newspapers in tronca trucks?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:03 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
http://www.robertfeder.com/2016/06/02/stop-the-presses-tronc-if-you-love-ferro/

Quote:
Colleagues,

...Thank you for all that you do.

Best,

Justin Dearborn

Does this mean it's the tronc Tower now?

Colleagues wrote:
Fuck you Justin, pay us

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:12 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Godfella wrote:
Will they be delivering the newspapers in tronca trucks?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:17 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
:lol: fucking ferro. couldn't pour piss out of a boot with the instructions printed on the heel.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:55 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Here's the troncated version: We changed our name to tronc.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:58 am 

This will get me to read newspapers. Chicago Tribune is for old and lame. tronc is for cool trendsetters.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:30 am 

now they just need a mascot

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:15 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
good dolphin wrote:
now they just need a mascot