Clinton 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
Edwards 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
Obama 71%  71%  [ 20 ]
Total votes : 28
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
I voted for Obama.

I'm still not sure if I'm going to go on Thursday, and even then, I'm not sure he's the guy I will go for, but his is the only campaign that I have seen any action from in my neighborhood. As a matter of fact, we just had someone come to the house today and he talked to my dad for quite a while. When he asked about me, my Dad told him I was thinking about going for Hillary the kids jaw dropped...he said he hasn't heard anyone in their 20s talking about supporting her.

I told my mom that if she actually went out Thursday night and supported Obama that I would be so impressed by that that I would support him as well...my mom talks about it a lot, but has never voted in anything to my knowledge. If he is actually impressive enough to get someone like that to action, then I would likely do the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:19 pm 

Quote:
Why not just go and vote for the guy or gal that you like? Seems like a lot of people feel the way you do. If someone they are close to goes then it is likely they will.

Nas,

No one has really excited me to the point that I WANT to go out and support them. If there was someone like the McCain from eight years ago, I would probably even volunteer some of my time to work for them.

I think Hillary has the best chance at winning a general election, so that's why I'm leaning towards her. I like Obama's energy and message, but I just don't know if he can beat the GOP nominee come November. And Edwards, well, don't get me started.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

Most of the recent polling shows Obama again with a small lead, but, in either race, I don't trust the polling with so many polls saying so many different things. I'm sure Hillary is doing everything possible to either win Iowa outright to avoid Obama gaining even more momentum heading into NH, but I'll give Obama the slight advantage right now in this race. Regarding Edwards, if he doesn't win Iowa, considering he's been living there for 3 years, I think it's time for him to say good luck, and get out. He doesn't have much going outside of Iowa so this seems to be all or nothing out there for him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:34 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Homeslice, we are much alike in this. No one really stands out for me either, but I'd all be for the McCain of 8 years ago myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:44 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Where is the option for who gives a damn?
All these candidates, Repub and demo, are awful.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
I wish they'd let all the states have their primaries at the same time. It isn't fair that some candidates quit after the first few (because of lack of support in those primaries or for monetary reasons) and the rest of us don't even get a say, whether or not we'd like them to run in the general election.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Uga4Prez wrote:
I wish they'd let all the states have their primaries at the same time. It isn't fair that some candidates quit after the first few (because of lack of support in those primaries or for monetary reasons) and the rest of us don't even get a say, whether or not we'd like them to run in the general election.

I also don't like the fact that "minor" candidates like Kucinich, Gravel, Biden, Dodd and Paul are not being allowed to participate in the debates. Excluding them from the debate insures their marginal status in the polling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:18 pm 

If the politicians really cared about democracy, then they'd let them fully participate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:33 pm 

Uga4Prez wrote:
If the politicians really cared about democracy, then they'd let them fully participate.

They are too busy caring about themselves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:45 pm 

Quote:
I also don't like the fact that "minor" candidates like Kucinich, Gravel, Biden, Dodd and Paul are not being allowed to participate in the debates. Excluding them from the debate insures their marginal status in the polling.

Actually, being Kucinich, Gravel, Biden, Dodd and Paul is what insures their marginal status.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Looks like Obama will win.....I can't believe I'm watching CNN just as much as the Bulls game tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Home5licE wrote:
Quote:

Actually, being Kucinich, Gravel, Biden, Dodd and Paul is what insures their marginal status.

I have no idea what your statement means, but it sure does sound stupid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:00 pm 

Quote:
I have no idea what your statement means, but it sure does sound stupid.

That's what I strive for!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:53 pm 

On MSNBC, Obama was just compared to RFK :shock: . This, while both that network and Fox (just had to watch) were describing the likely path for the impending demise of not just Sen. Clinton's campaign, but of the Clinton 'era' itself. You just have to love it when the pundits slip so far into hyperbolic 'fun-bad'.

Obama did give one helluva speech though. ----Different note, who knew Chuck Norris was an Iowa voter? And who was the tall blond who made a point of switching sides with him behind Huckabee during his victory speech, and why?(wherein Huckabee declared the presidential election marathon "half over'???)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:16 am 

Hannity you have to understand, what else can he do until the next Democrat has been anointed as the chosen one to attack. Certainly by tomorrow he will be front and center in taking 'credit' for purging the Clintons :roll: . That guy is Rush Limbaugh w/o at least Rush's timing.

Chris Matthews' bitterness is just laughable. If memory serves me correctly, he was passed over for a position in the Clinton White House and was so upset, his whole public persona v. the Clintons did a 180 degree change. He went from a proud S. Francisco Dem. to an 'independent' to ...just bitter, and a Bush supporter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:27 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Oprah Winfrey and Chuck Norris are the most influential people in America.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:38 am 

Spaulding wrote:
Oprah Winfrey and Chuck Norris are the most influential people in America.

But after seeing Chuck at the Huckabee speech I could only think of that damn exercise commercial and silly assed web site. Worse yet, the next thing that popped into my mind was the visual of Chuck and Huckabee taking a knee in prayer after the speech was over. :shock: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:40 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
I wonder how well voters remember Hilary's scandals and empty promises around health care while first lady. Im sure the reason she fell to third was due to popularity, but I hope people really did research their homework before voting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:46 am 

CLH, I doubt that her 'scandals and empty promises' as first lady really factor in here. The scandals really amounted to nothing and well, her promises were made from her position as an outsider (no matter how she tries to spin it)

She really has little experience in elected office, nor business, and that she has has been either contradictory or in the vein of 'politics/business as usual'. Perhaps that little grain of truth is finally making headway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:21 am 
1000 CLUB

Regular Reader wrote:
On MSNBC, Obama was just compared to RFK :shock: . This, while both that network and Fox (just had to watch) were describing the likely path for the impending demise of not just Sen. Clinton's campaign, but of the Clinton 'era' itself. You just have to love it when the pundits slip so far into hyperbolic 'fun-bad'.

Obama did give one helluva speech though. ----Different note, who knew Chuck Norris was an Iowa voter? And who was the tall blond who made a point of switching sides with him behind Huckabee during his victory speech, and why?(wherein Huckabee declared the presidential election marathon "half over'???)

MSNBC, and, in particular, Chris Matthews on Hardball, has a hard on for Obama.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:22 am 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Some of those guys might actually be a better choice as President but they don't have the support.

Always thought Biden was an overlooked candidate - I think he's the best Democrat on foreign polciy.

Dodd and Biden are out now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:25 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Little experience? Has she not been Senator for the past few years and wife to an eight year president?

All I am saying is that her failure to arrive a healthcare plan and her shady dealings bother me to no avail. I did not trust her then and why should I trust her now? IMHO, thats why I think it should factor into our decision on her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:20 am 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
courtesy wikipedia:

In 1987, Joe Biden ran as a Democratic presidential candidate. When the campaign began, he was considered a frontrunner because of his moderate image.

However, the campaign ended when he was accused of plagiarizing a speech by Neil Kinnock, then-leader of the British Labour Party. Though Biden had correctly credited the original author in all speeches but one, the one where he failed to make mention of the originator was caught on video.

In the video Biden is filmed repeating a stump speech by Kinnock, with only minor modifications. “Why is it that Joe Biden is the first in his family ever to go a university? Why is it that my wife . . . is the first in her family to ever go to college? Is it because our fathers and mothers were not bright? . . . Is it because they didn't work hard? My ancestors who worked in the coal mines of northeast Pennsylvania and would come after 12 hours and play football for four hours? It's because they didn't have a platform on which to stand.”

After Biden withdrew from the race it was learned that he had correctly credited Kinnock on all other occasions. He failed to do so, however, in the Iowa speech that was recorded and distributed to reporters (with a parallel video of Kinnock) by aides to Michael Dukakis, the eventual nominee. Dukakis fired John Sasso, his campaign manager and long-time Chief of Staff, but Biden's campaign could not recover.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:12 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I also liked Biden and he might have gotten my vote if he had stuck it out until Feb 5.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:38 am 

as far as i know biden didn't have the money. but i liked him too, when i lived in DE as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Nas wrote:
BD wrote:
Nas wrote:
Some of those guys might actually be a better choice as President but they don't have the support.

Always thought Biden was an overlooked candidate - I think he's the best Democrat on foreign polciy.

I agree. I always thought Biden was the best candidate but he had no chance of winning. I think he will end up on the Obama or Edwards ticket if they win.

i could see obama selecting richardson as a running mate. 1) richardson, like obama, opposed the war from the beginning and 2) can help pick up the hispanic vote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:08 pm 

Mopery wrote:
Nas wrote:
BD wrote:
Nas wrote:

I agree. I always thought Biden was the best candidate but he had no chance of winning. I think he will end up on the Obama or Edwards ticket if they win.

i could see obama selecting richardson as a running mate. 1) richardson, like obama, opposed the war from the beginning and 2) can help pick up the hispanic vote

He also supports gun rights, which would help the ticket in particular in the south.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
will ballots be in spanish?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Uga4Prez wrote:
Mopery wrote:
Nas wrote:
BD wrote:
Nas wrote:

He also supports gun rights, which would help the ticket in particular in the south.

good point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:14 pm 

I work in health care and CLH, I am going to have to support your thoughts on H.C.

I have been accused in the past of just being a hater....I'm not. And you really hit this one on the head for me...

She has plenty of experience...And by the way RR I am pretty sure she was "appointed" the position in the dealings with Health Care Crisis (so, she slept her way in - she was for sure an "insider")

But the way in which she flip flopped for personal gain - Let's just talk about character and the idea of integrity and what this quality might mean for a president...Neeeded? Come on guys...