It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 509 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:31 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
83 yesterday, which is my best round of the year, at dogtrack methane Meadows. It was nite and day compared to the Joe Orr outing. 3 of the 4 par 5s are reachable in 2 for me, I eagled one, birdied one, and parred the other 2. 39 on the front with two 3 putt bogeys, 44 on the back with a lost ball and 2 doubles. Hit the ball real well overall and the shortgame was better than usual. The pace of play with slower than im used to, but i think that helped me play better. Warm, but not oppresive. It was a very enjoyable day.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:40 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Played out of my skull today at Shepherds Crook. Shot 68 (-3) with 16 greens hit. Been quite a few years since I've struck it that well. 10 birdie putts from inside 20 feet and made 4. Only hit driver on the three par 5s. I played the 6300 yd tees.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:45 am 
100000 CLUB

Wow. Hellava round Tbone. Good stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
So, I guess I'm going golfing with some guys from work. I don't think they realize how bad I am when I tell them. This is going to be embarrassing and sad, but they insist it doesn't matter. Would you golfers agree? Doesn't it slow you down and piss you off when a shitty player is with?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
leashyourkids wrote:
So, I guess I'm going golfing with some guys from work. I don't think they realize how bad I am when I tell them. This is going to be embarrassing and sad, but they insist it doesn't matter. Would you golfers agree? Doesn't it slow you down and piss you off when a shitty player is with?

As long as a shitty golfer can keep pace, I don't care.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Chus wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

As long as a shitty golfer can keep pace, I don't care.

Yeah, outdrinking them won't be a problem.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
leashyourkids wrote:

I left today after 14 holes. Took 3 hours up to that point and we had a foursome in front that were not going to let us through. It was hotter than hell and I was not going to sit there for another hour and a half or more while waiting on every hole. If you are going to play badly, do it quickly. That pisses me off more than anything.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

Bad golf isnt a problem. We all have Waterloo holes anyway. If you have hit 5 or 6 shots and you arent near the green, just pick up and drop near your playing partners.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:04 pm 

I'm not a good golfer. But I am not going to hold the course up. Also adding to the problem is that marshalls are a thing of the past.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:56 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Bad golf isnt a problem. We all have Waterloo holes anyway. If you have hit 5 or 6 shots and you arent near the green, just pick up and drop near your playing partners.

Leash this is is good advice if you aren't playing for money or a hotly contested team game.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:35 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
shakes wrote:
hnd wrote:
is it time to upgrade the clubs?

i've been swinging ping eye2's...the same clubs the last 16 years. my woods are callaway ft3's. outfitted with xflex prolite shafts. 1,3,5.

does it really matter?

i golf about 5-10 rounds a year. as of the last 7 rounds, my handicap is a 17.

i hit them fine i guess but just not far. i drive 280-300 but hit my 8 iron 135 and 4 iron 190. i feel like i should hit them farther.

i was 6'0" 16 years ago and remain that height.

yep, definitely time for some new sticks..just don't go crazy since you only play 5-10 rounds per year.

Also, as the resident driving distance policeman of this thread I feel obligated to mention that there's no way you drive the ball 280-300 yards. I'd bet Scorehead's money on that. A 17 index who hits his 8 iron 135 isn't driving the ball the same distance as Jordan Spieth.

thats fine. i'm sure i've lost some distance. however, on my 2.5 acres i have a fence that is on the dot 280 from my hitting spot. measured off by yardage tape. most balls are within 10-15 ft either way....the ones hit well mind you. there are numbers of them that hit 300. but whatever. it makes no difference to me.

i avg 280 on good balls. (which isn't how avg works i know but for the sake of showing that i have a pretty large discrepancy in wood to iron distance)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:40 pm 

pittmike wrote:
hnd wrote:
is it time to upgrade the clubs?

i've been swinging ping eye2's...the same clubs the last 16 years. my woods are callaway ft3's. outfitted with xflex prolite shafts. 1,3,5.

does it really matter?

i golf about 5-10 rounds a year. as of the last 7 rounds, my handicap is a 17.

i hit them fine i guess but just not far. i drive 280-300 but hit my 8 iron 135 and 4 iron 190. i feel like i should hit them farther.

i was 6'0" 16 years ago and remain that height.

I always felt when I used Ping Eye2's that whatever method they used for correction to straighten out shots sapped the hell out of distance. They always felt dead to me.

you could be right. i hit a buddies x18's about 10 yrds longer....

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:53 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
I had a nice 78 today. It's a shorter, but tight, course at 6,100 yards (par 71) but two of the par 3's are 225 and both played into the wind. I had two doubles, both with a tee shot OB. I made most of my putts from 5' and in. That's the difference between my usual 83 and a 78.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:51 am 

Looking to play 9 holes tonight, very likely 18 the following 4 days.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:54 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Another 47 last evening. Pretty happy but the driver unpredictability is aggravating. I am still owed two more lessons and honestly need more range time. I need more time in general.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Took a month, but finally fixed my driver issue yesterday. It was such a simple fix, yet it took me a month to figure it out. Of course as soon as the driver got going I couldn't hit my irons well anymore. PLayed in my league last night, didn't hit a single GIR all round, but got up and down for par the first 5 holes and was even. Then started leaking and bogeyed the next 3 before shitting the bed with a quad on #9 to finish with a ho hum 42.

Up to Green Lake tonight for the weekend. Lawsonia drops their prices from $90 to $55 for the whole holiday weekend, such an awesome deal. Gonna get in 3 rounds there.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:05 pm 

shakes wrote:
Took a month, but finally fixed my driver issue yesterday. It was such a simple fix, yet it took me a month to figure it out.

for me its always ends up my not sweeping the club back and keeping my right elbow to my side. i'll start just bringing the club back and pick it up instead of sweeping.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:09 pm 

shakes wrote:

Up to Green Lake tonight for the weekend. Lawsonia drops their prices from $90 to $55 for the whole holiday weekend, such an awesome deal. Gonna get in 3 rounds there.

Enjoy! I still need to make the rounds up there. I have not played Lawsonia before and I haven't played Tuscumbia or Mascoutin in over 25 years.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:24 pm 

Had my worst round in probably 5 years today. I'm chalking it up as one of those days.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:10 am 

Teeing it up this afternoon at Stonewall Orchard with Furious. I've heard a lot of good things
About the course and should be a fun time. Weather will be perfect.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
T-Bone 78, Furious 91. Tough course.

Watching T-Bone routinely hit a 20 yr. old 1 iron 275 off the tee is pretty cool. We played in righr around 4 hrs. too.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:42 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:
Watching T-Bone routinely hit a 20 yr. old 1 iron 275 off the tee is pretty cool. We played in righr around 4 hrs. too.

That amazes me. I play with a guy who does the same thing.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:55 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:
T-Bone 78, Furious 91. Tough course.

It was a tough course. Very difficult greens but pretty generous landing areas on most holes. Had
A great time with Furious. With a few more rounds under his belt this season and without a few bad holes he could have been around 85. Two double bogeys hurt my scorecard but a beautiful course and the weather was perfect.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:02 pm 
100000 CLUB

90 at Silver Lakes on Friday. Hit thr ball real well. 3 lost balls killed my card.

A drunken 43 with the wife at Oak Hills on Friday nite. We were out celebrating my bday. I hit 4 of the first 5 GIR, and was pin high just off the green on a short 278 yard par 4. About the 7th hole is when the beer started kicking in.

Played George Dunne yesterday. 45 on the front with 3 lost balls, but 6 GIR. It was all ot nothing. The back, was nothing and nothing. I sank about a 30' putt on 18 for a 59 on the back. It was fucking terrible. Took an 11 on a par 5 with 3 balls in the water. Somehow I had forgotten how to golf.

Very pleased with about 20 of the 27 holes I played on Friday. Im hoping the back 9 yesterday was just one thise things.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:45 pm 

I shot in the 90's twice this weekend. I usually shoot in he 90's maybe once a year. Sandwiched in between was an 83 at the longest and hardest course of the three - that's golf, right? I've played in 3 scrambles in the 10 days leading up to this weekend and I am convinced playing in that many mess with your swing. I've decided I'm not going to touch a golf club the rest of the week. Hopefully my swing resets its self by taking a short break.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:11 am 
100000 CLUB

Franky T wrote:
I've played in 3 scrambles in the 10 days leading up to this weekend and I am convinced playing in that many mess with your swing.

Interesting. Never thought of that, but it might make sense as to how my game went to total crap the final ~10 holes or so this weekend. Maybe a rest is just what the doctor ordered.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:24 am 

Franky T wrote:
I shot in the 90's twice this weekend. I usually shoot in he 90's maybe once a year. Sandwiched in between was an 83 at the longest and hardest course of the three - that's golf, right? I've played in 3 scrambles in the 10 days leading up to this weekend and I am convinced playing in that many mess with your swing. I've decided I'm not going to touch a golf club the rest of the week. Hopefully my swing resets its self by taking a short break.

There was about 5 years or so where all my buddies and I did was play scrambles. Either in tournaments or practicing for tournaments. Took a long time
to learn how to manage my game with my own ball after playing that way for so long. I am finally to the point where I only hit my driver 4-5 times a round
instead of 14 times.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:18 am 
100000 CLUB

Breaking 80 is always a feat, but doing so on a tuff course with a broken bone in your hand is insane, Tbone. And I mean insane in a good way.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:49 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Breaking 80 is always a feat, but doing so on a tuff course with a broken bone in your hand is insane, Tbone. And I mean insane in a good way.

It's turned out to be a blessing in disguise thus far. Long term I am not sure. Don't know if it will heal right and not sure how much healing it is even doing while I
continue to play golf a lot. I got out everyday Fri - Monday. Anyway it has helped me only swing at 90% and made a big difference in my game.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:35 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Lot of golf this weekend up in Wisconsin. Started with a warm up round at a really easy course, Two Oaks North. Played out here 2-3 years ago and had, at the time, my career best round and first time breaking 80 since doing it once a decade prior. Think I shot a 77 out there. ONly managed a 86 this time as I was still batling with my game. Started to figure out what I was doing wrong with my irons towards the end of the round, was just flicking the club at the ball and not turning my body through contact.

Paid off the next day as I posted a 82 at Lawsonia Links. Got the driver working again, hit 9 fairways. 10 GIRS as I got the irons figured out as well. But, putting continues to be a season long issue as I posted 39 putts. I think I've been under 36 putts once all year.

Next day, my birthday, back at it at Lawsonia for a $30 twilight round. Came really close to breaking 80 on my b-day, but doubles on 15 and 17 sunk those hopes and I had another 82. Putted better with 36 putts and had good lags, but can't drop anything. Only 1 3-putt but only 1 1-putt as well. Putting combined with not being able to avoid a handful of truly horrific shots every round is keeping my scores from being where I want them. In this round I had a tee shot go 6 feet. I stubbed two greenside chips 5 feet. I also have at least 2 wrong club decisions every round which is getting really annoying.

Next day wrapped things up with an early round at Lawsonia. Big mistake. Played the night before and then trying to play again early did not go well for my back. Got to the range, shanked 80% of my irons. SHould've taken the hint and gone home but gutted it out and played. Actually very proud of the 91 I shot in those conditions. 3 days on the same greens and I manged to finally have a sub-36 putt day with 35 (WOO HOO!). Had some great shots throughout the round, but was losing lots of distance with every club due to my back.

Overall, starting to feel ok about my game again. Driver seems to be figured out, although the amount of commitment I need on every swing is so great that its very difficult to keep that up for 14 shots. Irons are back on track. Putting is very slowly improving. Wedge game has always been solid. HOping to put all these together in one round and start getting some scores. Has not been fun watching my handicap go up this year from an 8.5 to a 10.5,

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 509 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next