It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:50 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Chus wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
spadaesq1 wrote:
None of the major stations in Chicago will hire Dan McNeil as a host. He has burned too many bridges. His only ally is Mitch Rosen and Mitch will not put his job on the line for McNeil. WSCR's ratings are their best ever because of the Cubs and they don't have to do anything to keep their current ratings as long as the Cubs win.

The only move Mitch will make is to hire David Kaplan if he becomes available. He will be able to put Kaplan on middays from 9-1 and squash ESPN's midday show.

If regards to afternoons when Tery Boers retires in January 2017 they will have Dan Bernstein with a new partner who will earn considerably less than Boers. When Bernstein screws up again or his contract is up then you will see a new tandem in the afternoons.

Mitch should fire Julie DeCairo and hire a qualified female sportscaster to handle the updates. Julie can't do an update without stumbling.

How much are you willing to wager on this Spada?

Just don't bet with Scorehead.

Apparently Spada isn't too confident in his statements.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:53 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
The logic on McNeil being done in Chicago radio is sound. the problem is, there's an assumption that Mitch is smart.
Other flaws in the post:
- They will not get rid of Bernstein
- Kaplan is generic and boring enough to be a great fit at 1000. they won't let him walk and he'll be happy to stay there
- DiCaro isn't going anywhere. Her inability to read copy is nothing new and they still employ her.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
He was done 5 years ago at least.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Seacrest wrote:
Chus wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
spadaesq1 wrote:
None of the major stations in Chicago will hire Dan McNeil as a host. He has burned too many bridges. His only ally is Mitch Rosen and Mitch will not put his job on the line for McNeil. WSCR's ratings are their best ever because of the Cubs and they don't have to do anything to keep their current ratings as long as the Cubs win.

The only move Mitch will make is to hire David Kaplan if he becomes available. He will be able to put Kaplan on middays from 9-1 and squash ESPN's midday show.

If regards to afternoons when Tery Boers retires in January 2017 they will have Dan Bernstein with a new partner who will earn considerably less than Boers. When Bernstein screws up again or his contract is up then you will see a new tandem in the afternoons.

Mitch should fire Julie DeCairo and hire a qualified female sportscaster to handle the updates. Julie can't do an update without stumbling.

How much are you willing to wager on this Spada?

Just don't bet with Scorehead.

Apparently Spada isn't too confident in his statements.

You try responding when you're too busy sending out the same tweet to 6,000 people. Can you ban Spada please?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:18 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
spadaesq1 wrote:

racis!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

wdelaney72 wrote:
The logic on McNeil being done in Chicago radio is sound. the problem is, there's an assumption that Mitch is smart.
Other flaws in the post:
- They will not get rid of Bernstein
- Kaplan is generic and boring enough to be a great fit at 1000. they won't let him walk and he'll be happy to stay there
- DiCaro isn't going anywhere. Her inability to read copy is nothing new and they still employ her.

Bernstein has been on for 15 years. I don't think he's necessarily living on borrowed time, and if he was a failure, he'd be long gone by now. I'm not a fan of his attempt to turn the show into his social/liberal commentary, but he's got enough of a brand at this point that I can't assume he's anything but safe.

Kaplan, from my limited listening, is bland. I can't recall the last time I've even turned on AM 1000.

DiCaro isn't going anywhere despite being horrible.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
BD wrote:
I'm not a fan of his attempt to turn the show into his social/liberal commentary.

You say this in probably half of your posts. Stop listening.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Giordano's (Stuffed)
My guess is Bernstein's face when his contract is up will depend on who the ownership is at the time and what their stance is on paying for star talent.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:31 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Martin wrote:
My guess is Bernstein's face when his contract is up will depend on who the ownership is at the time and what their stance is on paying for star talent.

Where does Dan fit in regards to "star talent"? It took the Cubs to bring up their ratings.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:22 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
spadaesq1 wrote:
Julie DeCairo

holy shit if there isn't a mult with this name in the next 24-48hrs that produces some quality-to-legendary stuff then i have officially lost all faith in the C/S/FMB community and i think i might have to just bite the bullet and go sign up for an account at the new board because this place is officially dead done over and [finis].

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:26 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Who gave Spada the new site address?

score670.com still directs you here, and tbh i've used that to load up this board ever since typing in "dontfademe.com" stopped bringing me here ( =/ )

(yes i used to absolutely love the fact that i was able to type in http://www.dontfademe.com to come to the board. that was one of biggie's victory laps that always brought a =] to my face)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

Chus wrote:
BD wrote:
I'm not a fan of his attempt to turn the show into his social/liberal commentary.

You say this in probably half of your posts. Stop listening.

I haven't listened to an actual live show in months. Work doesn't allow me too, but I'll catch an occasional podcast.

I'll keep saying as long as he keeps bringing up his garbage. I'm sorry in advance.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:08 pm 

DISCLAIMER: the proceeding post will be a futile exercise in technicality and unnecessary explanation, which means you'd do best to skip down to the next message NOW. sorry for any/all inconvenience/s.

Scooter wrote:
You know this how? Idiot.

well if you dont have a magnet on your fridge featuring the 2011 bears schedule to tell you, david spada used to be an advertiser on 670 der schnorr back in the day. with his "3rd-grade-technoliterate" aka "dad on the internet" style of communication (where he often uses this board as a bully pulpit to further various crusades that he'll tweet out to 100ppl at a time) it's easy to lose sight of the fact that david's a pretty solid dude who used to hook up some of us pantsless cretins with swag like BEARLY LEGAL (podcast) hats, and of course the granddaddy of them all: the bearly legal (podcast) t-shirt that i personally was able to see the C/S/FMB'S VERY OWN spmack wear @ the cleo's b&b-remote/board outing back in 2009.

AHEM. the reason that david was able to disseminate all of this swag is cuz he was a familiar name from running ads on the score for years, and THUS he would purport to imply that being a longtime "score guy" via advertising on the station that he has more of a (personal?) relationship with mitch than us peasants and therefore WHEN SPADA SPEAKS WE SHOULD LISTEN because he has some kind of access to the Man, the Myth, the Legend that is MITCH ROSEN (DE-FACTO GOD OF THE SCORE) that we would have to, say, start up a successful chicago sports/media msgboard to have ourselves.

ergo, he'd love for us to think that he has a more "educated guess" of future happenings @ the score because he's privy to inside information being a longtime advertiser on the score. i.e. since mitch wants his monies he's going to keep spada "in the loop" regarding future personnel/program-lineup changes because such things could directly affect spada and his desire to advertise on the score.

TLDR = DONTCHA KNOW SPADA USED TO ADVERTISE ON THE SCORE AND HIM AND MITCH ARE LIKE [FINGERS CROSSED] AND THEREFORE ANY AND ALL FUTURE CHANGES REGARDING ON-AIR TALENT ARE RUN BY SPADA BEFOREHAND? quoteth AA "take the cotton out of your ears and put it in your mouth" and you just might LEARN SOMETHING about the future of the score!

TLDR TLDR = yeah spada's kind of really a PRETTY FUCKING BIG DEAL around the halls of 670 the score, dontcha know?

DISCLAIMER: no sarcasm was harmed in the typing of the preceding post. it was given a chance to run free and frolic throughout all of the message because free range sarcasm = the happiest sarcasm = the best sarcasm!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:13 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I've noticed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Free range sarcasm...

Good clean mind fodder.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I don't get Spada.