It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Really? Top-5 All-Time Chicago Sports Story.

Jesus God in the Morning.

I'm not on the Goff/Spiegs hate-train, but that's just dumb ... Kaplan dumb.

If he meant it sarcastically, he didn't communicate that facet at all.

Listen, or don't.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:08 am 

1) 2005 White Sox
2) 85 Bears
3) The 90s Bulls
4) 2003 Cubs collapse
5) 2016 Cubs collapse

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Turned on briefly to remind myself that Bernstein's apples don't fall far from his tree :roll:.

PTFB

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:18 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
This is really something.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:20 am 

hatersgonhate wrote:
This is really something.

I think his monologue has been perfectly reasonable.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:30 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Don, generally, I don't disagree with his take. Just started talking in circles (which he does with every other topic). You could tell Spiegs was trying to empathize but also move on.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Not even a top 5 Bulls Story!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:42 am 

hatersgonhate wrote:
Don, generally, I don't disagree with his take. Just started talking in circles (which he does with every other topic). You could tell Spiegs was trying to empathize but also move on.

Well, I mean, it wasn't fake, it was talk therapy that anyone might be wont to do, he just happens to have a mic in front of him.

He's not a true orator, and obviously he can relate to it somewhat more than myself (maybe you, I don't know your story so I won't presume), he's a guy that fills 4 hours on a sports talker. So he was a bit clumsy expressing his feelings on the matter. If nothing else, it would've made a few mopes around here proud that he wasn't beating on the desk or laughing during it.

He said it, he's moved on now to the aforementioned beating and laughing. It's okay with me either way.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
i generally dont like goff's contributions to the show... but i did appreciate his candor on the topic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
1) 2005 White Sox
2) 85 Bears
3) The 90s Bulls
4) 2003 Cubs collapse
5) 2016 Cubs collapse

Accurate list.

Will be in the revised edition of this below masterwork.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
1) 2005 White Sox

Hard to argue.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:00 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
SomeGuy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
1) 2005 White Sox
2) 85 Bears
3) The 90s Bulls
4) 2003 Cubs collapse
5) 2016 Cubs collapse

Accurate list.

Will be in the revised edition of this below masterwork.

is that really the cover they chose? yikes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Don Tiny wrote:
Really? Top-5 All-Time Chicago Sports Story.

Jesus God in the Morning.

I'm not on the Goff/Spiegs hate-train, but that's just dumb ... Kaplan dumb.

If he meant it sarcastically, he didn't communicate that facet at all.

Listen, or don't.

Even if we got him in 2010 it wouldn't have cracked the top 20...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:07 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
hatersgonhate wrote:

Well, I mean, it wasn't fake, it was talk therapy that anyone might be wont to do, he just happens to have a mic in front of him.

He's not a true orator, and obviously he can relate to it somewhat more than myself (maybe you, I don't know your story so I won't presume), he's a guy that fills 4 hours on a sports talker. So he was a bit clumsy expressing his feelings on the matter. If nothing else, it would've made a few mopes around here proud that he wasn't beating on the desk or laughing during it.

He said it, he's moved on now to the aforementioned beating and laughing. It's okay with me either way.

Tuned in around the time you posted this. The not being an orator and talking in circles is my main problem listening. The uncontrolled giggle-fest that seems to erupt every 40 seconds is the PTFB moment.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
"I have no idea what you're talking about right now." :lol: Maddon is the best. He hates these guys.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:29 pm 

He just shut down Goff in a most spectacular fashion. Best part is he simply takes a stance that was popular in recent decades about not speaking about an issue you cannot possibly know all the details of.

- Dan Bernstein, 2016

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
redskingreg wrote:
"I have no idea what you're talking about right now." :lol: Maddon is the best. He hates these guys.

Which is why I question a guy making 5 million a year would even agree to do this.
Whatever the Score is paying him has to be chump change. Why put up with those two idiots if you don't have to.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
mrgoodkat wrote:
He just shut down Goff in a most spectacular fashion. Best part is he simply takes a stance that was popular in recent decades about not speaking about an issue you cannot possibly know all the details of.

He also shut him down when Goff thought he was all clever (as evidenced by the fucking ridiculously over-the-top cackling and console-pounding) about wanting Maddon to break bad on Dave Martinez.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:33 pm 

pizza_Place: J.B. Alberto's
redskingreg wrote:

The best part was how Goff phrased the question: "...With all these young black men getting shot by the police, and you have two of them in the clubhouse in Dexter Fowler and Jason Heyward, do you guys ever talk about this?" :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:36 pm 

MajorKong wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

The best part was how Goff phrased the question: "...With all these young black men getting shot by the police, and you have two of them in the clubhouse in Dexter Fowler and Jason Heyward, do you guys ever talk about this?" :lol:

He actually asked this?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:40 pm 

MajorKong wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

I mean, what a stupid fucking question... I'll let Beardown do the dialogue between Maddon and Fowler/Heyward if this conversation took place.

I honestly don't listen much-Reared On The Score Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:38 am

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:46 pm 

670 The ScoreVerified account ‏@670TheScore 52m52 minutes ago
Watch/listen: @Jason1Goff poignantly addresses recent tragic shootings in Baton Rouge, Falcon Heights http://cbsloc.al/29lsn5u

Maybe WSCR can send Jason to Baton Rouge on assignment where he can ask all of the tough questions. Plus we get the bonus of not having him on our airwaves for 4 hours.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: J.B. Alberto's
Plus, it implies that the police put Dexter Fowler on the DL. I don't think he meant it that way, but the whole thing was spectacularly stupid.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:48 pm 

the ghost of t-dub wrote:
MajorKong wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

I mean, what a stupid fucking question... I'll let Beardown do the dialogue between Maddon and Fowler/Heyward if this conversation took place.

Did Purple follow up with " Joe, with the 6 million Jews exterminated during the Holocaust, dont you ever worry that the Neo Nazis will come after Ben Zobrist? Oy and keep in mind Tributo will be doing an entire set of klezmer music Friday at The Hideout if you want to swing by"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:49 pm 

MajorKong wrote:
Plus, it implies that the police put Dexter Fowler on the DL. I don't think he meant it that way, but the whole thing was spectacularly stupid.

Jason Goff is spectacularly stupid.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:53 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
MajorKong wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

Did Purple follow up with " Joe, with the 6 million Jews exterminated during the Holocaust, dont you ever worry that the Neo Nazis will come after Ben Zobrist? Oy and keep in mind Tributo will be doing an entire set of klezmer music Friday at The Hideout if you want to swing by"

Big Purp immediately went into damage control and asked a question about Jason Hammel or something before the moment could get any more awkward.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:06 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
MajorKong wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

He is so dumb. Makes it look like heyward and fowler got shot. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

MajorKong wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

Really? He asked this of Maddon? What does he think Maddon is gonna say to them? It's not like they're kids.

Maddon: Hey Fowler and Heyward, come into my office. Guys, because you are the only blacks on the team I wanted to talk to you. Cuz the whites and the Latinos don't really care. I just wanted to say that white cops shooting innocent black people is wrong.

Fowler & Heyward: Thanks skip. We needed to hear that. Cuz we thought you were for it.

Maddon: Now go out there and get a couple of hits today!!!!! And remember, after the game, we're all gonna dress in nothing but diapers for the road trip.

Fowler & Heyward: Wooooooo hooooooooo!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
MajorKong wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

Did Addison Russell stop playing for the Cubs or did he stop being black? Or is he one of Dan Bernstein's Not Real Blacks like Soriano was?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:19 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Curious Hair wrote:
MajorKong wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

Did Addison Russell stop playing for the Cubs or did he stop being black? Or is he one of Dan Bernstein's Not Real Blacks like Soriano was?

He's part Filipino. So, he probably doesn't need the talk.