It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

So when a terrorist shoots up a movie theater of "Whites only" does Maddon have to call Rizzo and Bryant into his office to tell them that terrorism is bad?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:24 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Beardown wrote:
So when a terrorist shoots up a movie theater of "Whites only" does Maddon have to call Rizzo and Bryant into his office to tell them that terrorism is bad?

wouldn't that be an instance of terrorism being good? oh wait, i guess they could be LGBT so it could be bad. nevermind.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

sinicalypse wrote:
Beardown wrote:

wouldn't that be an instance of terrorism being good? oh wait, i guess they could be LGBT so it could be bad. nevermind.

That's my point. As Goff would say, Heyward and Fowler are GROWN ASS MEN. Why do they need Joe Maddon to talk to them about cop killings? What the fuck could he possibly say to them about it? That it's bad and wrong?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
MajorKong wrote:
redskingreg wrote:
"I have no idea what you're talking about right now." :lol: Maddon is the best. He hates these guys.

The best part was how Goff phrased the question: "...With all these young black men getting shot by the police, and you have two of them in the clubhouse in Dexter Fowler and Jason Heyward, do you guys ever talk about this?" :lol:

Did Addison Russell stop playing for the Cubs or did he stop being black? Or is he one of Dan Bernstein's Not Real Blacks like Soriano was?

He's part Filipino. So, he probably doesn't need the talk.

So the latter. "No, you fools, I don't mean skin black, I mean daaaaamn brotha black" was some quality Senoring.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Flipped it on right as Dan was in full 'my nuts are caught in my shorts' voice something like "... women were wearing Ray Rice jerseys in full support ..." and I noped right out of there.

(wrong thread ... sorry)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:52 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
MajorKong wrote:
redskingreg wrote:
"I have no idea what you're talking about right now." :lol: Maddon is the best. He hates these guys.

The best part was how Goff phrased the question: "...With all these young black men getting shot by the police, and you have two of them in the clubhouse in Dexter Fowler and Jason Heyward, do you guys ever talk about this?" :lol:

Did Addison Russell stop playing for the Cubs or did he stop being black? Or is he one of Dan Bernstein's Not Real Blacks like Soriano was?

He's part Filipino. So, he probably doesn't need the talk.

Or someone who has family from Belize...

I honestly don't listen much-Reared On The Score Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:38 am

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

I mean does Mitch Rosen call Larry and Goff into his office to discuss the cop killings?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
i went looking for this on the score website....if the interview happened in hour 2, then they chose not to post it. nowhere to be found.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
So... did Goff mention anything about children being shot in Chicago? What about having a talk with your black son when he's approached by other male blacks threatening to shoot him? So much bullshit from this guy.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
McDude wrote:
So... did Goff mention anything about children being shot in Chicago? What about having a talk with your black son when he's approached by other male blacks threatening to shoot him? So much bullshit from this guy.

Racist.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

Terry's Peeps wrote:
McDude wrote:

Racist.

Who? Goff? McDude? Or both?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Everybody.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:39 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
MajorKong wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

I think he was obviously saying that Carl Edwards, Jr isn't "black enough".

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
spanky wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:57 pm 

:scratch:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
spanky wrote:

Brothers don't pitch out of the bullpen. Not our job to get you out of trouble.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:59 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Playa going to need a whole box of tissues this morning eh?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:32 am 

Do you think Maddon is walking around Chicago this morning looking for police officers to talk to about the incidents in Dallas last night?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:36 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
MajorKong wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

I must have missed this yesterday. :lol: :lol: Good Lord...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
the ghost of t-dub wrote:
Do you think Maddon is walking around Chicago this morning looking for police officers to talk to about the incidents in Dallas last night?

No. He has no idea what happened in Dallas.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:59 am 

The first time Goff went into this On Thursday was fine - well thought , gave his perspective, and he made his point ( the love it's getting form social media is a bit odd, but to each his own).

But once again the Goff overload - he went into it again at 11( almost 10 minutes worth, and then the Maddon interview. He simply can't make a point, and move on. Everyone at the station seems to suffer from the Bernstein complex - take a subject and absolutely beat it to death - especially if it is a non sports topic.

I get the outrage and caring on the issue - but it seemed that Goff was getting a lot of love form his partner and his management in that first hour and juts had to continue on.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:42 pm 

Unless you are going to devote a whole show to it, and really be the first example of a public debate truly highlighting all the myriad factors, over decades, on how we get to a place like this, at a point in time when saying most things gets you labeled as a racist or an apologist; then what is the point of the eleven minute speech, outside of feeling a need to be on the record?

Humanity shows a spectacular inability to highlight these issues in an honest manner, and then put them into proper context. This problem exists with almost every major issue facing the country, and the world. And media certainly is not helping. But if you know a CPD officer you will know that some of the people are working in districts where they feel people have lost their humanity, and it is awfully hard to keep theirs over years of seeing the worst from people. The domestic calls are off the charts in these areas. The violence against animals cases are off the charts in these areas. We all know about the shots fired calls. Listen to a scanner on a weekend night. It's fucking insanity. I have no idea how anyone working those streets could get out of bed and go into work. Personally, I'd rather be in Iraq during the height of the insurgency and drive around as IED and ambush bait, than be a cop in a city with a gun problem that is driving insane levels of black on black violence.

This isnt about drug spots anymore. This is twitter beefs and young kids wanting to earn an NBA nickname for being a shooter. For dropping the most bodies. It's utter insanity. A few hundred young people driving all of this, sheltered by a community of family and neighbors who are either totally complicit, or scared to say anything. And cops are outgunned, outmaneuvered, feel they get no help and no respect, and now they fear putting their hands on people.

It might as well be the insurgency in Afghanistan.

- Dan Bernstein, 2016

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:49 pm 

mrgoodkat wrote:
Unless you are going to devote a whole show to it, and really be the first example of a public debate truly highlighting all the myriad factors, over decades, on how we get to a place like this, at a point in time when saying most things gets you labeled as a racist or an apologist; then what is the point of the eleven minute speech, outside of feeling a need to be on the record?

Humanity shows a spectacular inability to highlight these issues in an honest manner, and then put them into proper context. This problem exists with almost every major issue facing the country, and the world. And media certainly is not helping. But if you know a CPD officer you will know that some of the people are working in districts where they feel people have lost their humanity, and it is awfully hard to keep theirs over years of seeing the worst from people. The domestic calls are off the charts in these areas. The violence against animals cases are off the charts in these areas. We all know about the shots fired calls. Listen to a scanner on a weekend night. It's fucking insanity. I have no idea how anyone working those streets could get out of bed and go into work. Personally, I'd rather be in Iraq during the height of the insurgency and drive around as IED and ambush bait, than be a cop in a city with a gun problem that is driving insane levels of black on black violence.

This isnt about drug spots anymore. This is twitter beefs and young kids wanting to earn an NBA nickname for being a shooter. For dropping the most bodies. It's utter insanity. A few hundred young people driving all of this, sheltered by a community of family and neighbors who are either totally complicit, or scared to say anything. And cops are outgunned, outmaneuvered, feel they get no help and no respect, and now they fear putting their hands on people.

It might as well be the insurgency in Afghanistan.

Very well said. It is not easy. I've never been to war but I can't imagine what we face is any better.

Like you said, it's not so much gang bangers just shooting each other. It's the unbelievable disrespect for all things. Throwing your trash on the ground, because someone else will pick it up right? Hitting dogs, not feeding dogs, tying up dogs for days. Mothers who pull their young children's arms and say things like, "you stupid mother fucker!" Heaven forbid you as an officer scold them, "they ain't your kid! Mind your business!" Stealing the same flat screen from each other, selling drugs to your own neighbors. The list of horrible things that just make zero sense and leaving you with such an empty feeling. It is impossible to truly describe it to people. You have to witness it. Not just one day, but for years and years of seeing it.

It's just sad man.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:58 pm 

A wise man once asked us, "Why don't they just move?"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
THIEF

K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop 20h20 hours ago
Dwyane Wade is posting pictures of himself at Bulls' facility on his Snapchat account. Physical was scheduled for today. Signing imminent.