It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Seemingly this week, Laurence has chosen to cycle in and out a cavalcade of boring/redundant sidekicks or guests. Ranging from DiCaro to random Podcast broads that Holmes creeps on or just reeely enjoys. One of the gimmicks is theyre changing shirts every few minutes?? Wtf? and hes posting pics of it on his Instagram... He reeely is hoping youll check out his Instagram. I took the time to let him know i thought the show was "riveting radio". Never thought he'd actually respond, but i guess the board isnt exactly lighting up on a friday night. typical laurence response of "move on, i wont miss you".

which is of course my exact sentiment for his potential future at the score

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
Seemingly this week, Laurence has chosen to cycle in and out a cavalcade of boring/redundant sidekicks or guests. Ranging from DiCaro to random Podcast broads that Holmes creeps on or just reeely enjoys. One of the gimmicks is theyre changing shirts every few minutes?? Wtf? and hes posting pics of it on his Instagram... He reeely is hoping youll check out his Instagram. I took the time to let him know i thought the show was "riveting radio". Never thought he'd actually respond, but i guess the board isnt exactly lighting up on a friday night. typical laurence response of "move on, i wont miss you".

Who was the Derrick Rose apologist/whiny dullard on with him tonight? He wrote a 45 page "book" on life lessons garnered from the Bulls 72-win season and then groused about how Chicagoans didn't appreciate D-Rose or give him a good sendoff. Awful.

On the plus side, it gave me the cognitive clarity I needed to disinfect my bird feeders.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:22 pm 

not sure. must have been earlier in the broadcast. i caught it when it was some rando girl that Laurence claimed was his BEST FRIEND. The only amusing thing she had to say was that every time she saw Jason Goff for an extended period of time, he would always introduce himself.

Like i said - riveting radio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:25 pm 

not sure. must have been earlier in the broadcast. i caught it when it was some rando girl that Laurence claimed was his BEST FRIEND. The only amusing thing she had to say was that every time she saw Jason Goff for an extended period of time, he would always introduce himself.

Like i said - riveting radio

I heard half of that. It was worse.....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
I saw he now has a doughnut named after him?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

I haven't heard Larry in a long time. So you guys are saying he's gotten more weird after getting married? I would have thought the opposite. He's still getting girls on the show to hit on them? That's weird.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:55 am 

hes almost as guilty for desk pounding and ridiculous laughter. not as on going, but when it happens, its obnoxious.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:37 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
I've defended Larry on here but at the sametime I can see why a lot of guys can't stand him. The part of Larry that really annoys me is the sickening crosstalk with Bernsie (when it happens if there is no Cub baseball). He always presents what's on his show like there is something big coming up. It annoys the hell out of me but yet I must listen (car crash radio).

What Larry does really well is run a show by himself. It's not easy to keep talking with no one to play off but I always thought he did a great job.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:54 pm 

i mean, yeah...here i am the moron texting into a show i dont like telling the host its boring radio. But, its just so Laurence Holmes to respond to that small of a dig.

you're right about his show running though. he's real good at segmenting his show and using the breaks to keep people listening with some sort of hook. even if the payoff leave us like "wtf did i wait for?"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:04 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Lame Larry has listeners for that part time shit show??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:21 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I agree with all of you.

Laurence is the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:08 am 

I believe the theme for last week was "Homewood Flossmore alumni" so you can thank that school for the boring radio.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:26 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
i don't know what the hell is going on when this show is even on. he has all these like awful female guests from like arizona or charlotte. they aren't awful because they are women they are awful because they are irrelevant to anything anyone in chicago wants to here. and he fawns over them and its weird. my wife the other day is like, are they even talking about sports? dicaro came on later on and my wife was like, how is she on the radio?

what in thehell is going on at the score.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Seemingly this week, Laurence has chosen to cycle in and out a cavalcade of boring/redundant sidekicks or guests. Ranging from DiCaro to random Podcast broads that Holmes creeps on or just reeely enjoys. One of the gimmicks is theyre changing shirts every few minutes?? Wtf? and hes posting pics of it on his Instagram... He reeely is hoping youll check out his Instagram.

A caught a few minutes of his show on Friday when I was making dinner. He was introducing a woman who is his "bestie" and "BFF" (I don't know any 40-year-old men, straight or gay, who say either "bestie" or "BFF"), who stood up at his wedding while wearing a tux, and is a producer at WGN. She said she brought nine different shirts to change in to during the show and I thought "This is like when he does that segment with Matt Bowen where Bowen uses a telestrator or something -- does he not know we can't see him on the radio?"

What is the point of them changing t-shirts? Why should listeners be interested in that?

Anyway, I could only take a few minutes of his introduction of his friend and then his friend talking before I turned off the radio and put the TV on.

I think it would benefit the station if the other hosts tried as hard as Laurence does in terms of preparation, but unfortunately his horrible personality torpedoes all of his effort.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:48 pm 

that "bestie/bff" thing was cringe inducing. he always seems to come off as such a try hard kiss ass. a former co worker interned at the score and i picked his brain about some of the on air people and what theyre actually like in person. He claims that Holmes is actually that person - seemingly genuine and overtly friendly and helpful...i just dont believe anyone can be that nice. but if i look at it as Holmes just being the nerd in class that wants everyone to like him...i totally believe it

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Renaldi's
I always wondered about something this nut-tucker does. When he introduces a caller he says "Naperville in Chris your on" or "next up is Joliet in Linderman ". What's this about? Did he screw up early in his career and just keep doing it trying to play it off like its his thing?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:41 am 
1000 CLUB

There's a shocker - L.Holmes is extremely sensitive to criticism. I guess he can't see why most listeners would probably find it odd to have a show devoted to inviting friends of his on the air and then change shirts between commercials.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:10 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
hnd wrote:
i don't know what the hell is going on when this show is even on. he has all these like awful female guests from like arizona or charlotte.

Anyone else listen to the Scumbag podcast? "Follow these awesome gals on twitter!"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:31 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
i think he's terrified of internet backlash like bernstein got. because you know...he's an internet sports show star.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Falcos
Who's his new favorite weather babe?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:42 pm 

Did anyone else hear Laurence talking to his female producer about Draymond Green and Snap chat, then ask her if she uses it for the same stuff?

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:46 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
Did anyone else hear Laurence talking to his female producer about Draymond Green and Snap chat, then ask her if she uses it for the same stuff?

I just did on my way home....talking up Snapchat and The Gram....and then he unloads with that....what is wrong with him?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:54 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
:lol:

I guess a few fagz do listen to this bitch..smh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:16 pm 

pizza_Place: LouMal
put on the show via tunein to hear some Bear talk...tunein describes the show as " Holmes is edgy and often fires callers , challenging them..." thats all that fit on my phone