It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:55 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Huh?

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=17396687

(Google Search took me to the old board first. So....bonus post for score670.com)

I couldn't even follow what she thinks white athletes are supposed to speak out about, let alone if they're supposed to be for it or against it.

Has she had some work done? Her face looks odd.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:05 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
I,for one, most definitely want to hear what Tyler Hamsborough has to say about the subject.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:05 am 

Spain was on this morning with Adam Abdalla and Chris Blech. I didn't hear the whole segment, but she and her husband were at the Cubs game last night and the hosts brought up how she was tweeting about a couple who was apparently on a first date at the game. Spain was making fun of them on Twitter -- how lame their conversation was and how they were obviously bandwagon fans and not real fans.

I don't think she could have been paying very close attention to the game herself if she was eavesdropping on their conversation during the course of the night and Tweeting about it. Also, while she and Julie like to complain about not being taken seriously as sports journalists and people being #morethanmean to them, they certainly love to use their platform and place in the public eye to publically embarrass people.

But, every day is pity party for them and their exhausting struggle. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:06 am 

it's ok for them to get on a high horse because they understand consent.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:11 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Tad Queasy wrote:
Spain was on this morning with Adam Abdalla and Chris Blech. I didn't hear the whole segment, but she and her husband were at the Cubs game last night and the hosts brought up how she was tweeting about a couple who was apparently on a first date at the game. Spain was making fun of them on Twitter -- how lame their conversation was and how they were obviously bandwagon fans and not real fans.

I don't think she could have been paying very close attention to the game herself if she was eavesdropping on their conversation during the course of the night and Tweeting about it. Also, while she and Julie like to complain about not being taken seriously as sports journalists and people being #morethanmean to them, they certainly love to use their platform and place in the public eye to publically embarrass people.

The fact that Spain is part of a "feminist" movement is hilarious. There are two reasons anyone even knows who she is, and they both reside on her chest.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Tad Queasy wrote:

As ouve brought up in the past, you dont see the respected female journalists/ reporters resorting to this kind of shit on Twitter. There busy doing their fucking jobs and don't need to stoop to that level to get noticed. Which ironically enough, leads to their timelines not being a shitfest of men raking them over the coals . Julie and Spain cant seem to understand that though.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:39 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Tad Queasy wrote:
Chris Blech

:lol:

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
She's co-hosting LeBatard's ESPN radio show while he's on vacation, at least some of the days. Today I caught an hour of her with Amir Elhassan while I was running off-day errands, because my non-music alternative was Joe and Shep.

I was stunned. She was actually a tolerable listen, in large part because there was minimal sports because a) it's December 23, and b) it's DLB's show and they barely talk sports as it is.

She took most of one segment to explain the issue with her voice. She had to have surgery on her vocal cords while in college to remove some kind of benign growths. She can talk without the Rose Marie three pack a day sound, but it takes a lot of effort and she thinks she sounds a little creepy. She actually did talk in that non-gravel voice for a few one-minute stretches, and said that she only uses it when she's had a couple of guest essay spots on NPR because she thinks that NPR is the only place where it's ok to sound like Margaret Jo from the Schweddy Balls skit on SNL.

She does not have good thoughts about sports, and she's horrible when paired on-air with other women. The DLB reddit crowd hated them, so that's a plus.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:19 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
She's co-hosting LeBatard's ESPN radio show while he's on vacation, at least some of the days. Today I caught an hour of her with Amir Elhassan while I was running off-day errands, because my non-music alternative was Joe and Shep.

I was stunned. She was actually a tolerable listen, in large part because there was minimal sports because a) it's December 23, and b) it's DLB's show and they barely talk sports as it is.

She took most of one segment to explain the issue with her voice. She had to have surgery on her vocal cords while in college to remove some kind of benign growths. She can talk without the Rose Marie three pack a day sound, but it takes a lot of effort and she thinks she sounds a little creepy. She actually did talk in that non-gravel voice for a few one-minute stretches, and said that she only uses it when she's had a couple of guest essay spots on NPR because she thinks that NPR is the only place where it's ok to sound like Margaret Jo from the Schweddy Balls skit on SNL.

She does not have good thoughts about sports, and she's horrible when paired on-air with other women. The DLB reddit crowd hated them, so that's a plus.

I sympathize with her regarding the medical problems that caused her to sound like a frog, but it seems to me that one of the main credentials for talking on a radio is the quality of a person's voice. If you're not going to sound professional like Dr. Ken, you better have a helluva of a lot to say. Like Steve Dahl. He was the first guy I ever heard who didn't have a "radio voice" and he paved the way for people like Mike North and MacFM who were certainly less than professional in the way they spoke- or at least non-traditional, but who also had a lot to say and a lot of people who were interested in hearing them say it. Unfortunately, I don't believe that is the case with Sarah Spain.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:37 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I sympathize with her regarding the medical problems that caused her to sound like a frog, but it seems to me that one of the main credentials for talking on a radio is the quality of a person's voice. If you're not going to sound professional like Dr. Ken, you better have a helluva of a lot to say.

Exactly.

Same as Diane Rehm. Seems like a nice person, does a good job but I don't want to listen to Katherine Hepburn.

Last edited by Peoria Matt on Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Completely agree. But she was a better listen than Joe and Shep. Of course, do is Dr. ken.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:12 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
bigfan wrote:
Sini, you would need to display an ability to stop typing....a so called TYPE COUNT...otherwise, it might be perfect for you. As I have said, you were born for something, just havent figured it out yet.

say what you want about bigfan, but at least he put his $$$ where his mouth is and gave me an example of how you can STOP TYPING =P

btw, isn't it kind of hilarious when someone ostensibly praises your skill as a writer but they tell you the one and only thing that you're missing is the ability to shut up? i mean.... wow. it's like when someone listens to the first 15secs of a song you just made and they start talking over it like "IT'S GOOD; KEEP IT UP!" you know what i'm saying?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: Shakeys
So she's irate that Robert Feder showed a picture of Cheryl Scott.
She did prostitute herself for super bowl tickets right?
I don't usually mind Sarah because she has giant boobs and that's why she's tolerable over hamplanet red, but she's off base here. No ones objectifying anyone.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Oh, Sarah wants to step to Robert Feder? That works out great for people in Chicago media.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:24 pm 
She's just jealous nobody offered her Hawks tickets because of her tits.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:17 pm 

Yeah I just found this discussion. Seems she's annoyed the"at Feder suggested that ABC gets good ratings because Cheryl Scott is hot or something .

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:19 pm 

BOOBS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:27 pm 
Site Admin

badrogue17 wrote:
Yeah I just found this discussion. Seems she's annoyed the"at Feder suggested that ABC gets good ratings because Cheryl Scott is hot or something .

She's obviously being disingenuous. No way she's that delusional.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:30 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
badrogue17 wrote:

So now we have to pretend that most people on TV aren't on TV because they are good looking?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:30 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
BOOBS

BIG BEAUTIFUL BOOBS

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:37 pm 
Site Admin

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

So now we have to pretend that most people on TV aren't on TV because they are good looking?

Business Tip No. 1: Use your tits to get ahead and then deny you got ahead because of your tits.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:51 pm 

I know that I watch Univision news so that I can perfect my Spanish

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Feder knows first hand why is was a newspaper guy and now on the Internet (i.e. not on broadcast television).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:57 pm 

I'll need someone more proficient than I to compress all her tweets about this into screen shots to fit them all because whooo boy there's some doozies in there .

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Cheryl Scott is clearly being attacked by the large boob front because she has small boobs.

This is blatant boob-ism.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:15 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
good dolphin wrote:
I know that I watch Univision news so that I can perfect my Spanish

It's sad but I do often do this.

The eye candy is a bonus.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:19 pm 

Christ, Sarah Spain is such a disingenuous phony. If she looked like Rachel Dratch no one would know who she is.

People on TV tend to be attractive. Big fucking surprise.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Sarah Spain got to where she is today with her sophisticated analysis of sports teams and her delightfully sandpapery baritone.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
badrogue17 wrote:
I'll need someone more proficient than I to compress all her tweets about this into screen shots to fit them all because whooo boy there's some doozies in there .

Could it be mine about googling her?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Tad Queasy wrote:
Christ, Sarah Spain is such a disingenuous phony. If she looked like Rachel Dratch no one would know who she is.

People on TV tend to be attractive. Big fucking surprise.

Tom Skilling seems to be the only one that has been successful and looks like a complete troll as far as Chicago's major news stations. Most the rest have a combination of a great voice, incredible body, or pretty decent looks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next