It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

They interviewed Boomer today.

As you know, Boomer is one of the evil racists that is against what Kapernick did. Goff went wild on him trying to change his mind to the "right way of thinking". Ya know, Goff's way. But Boomer stood his ground. He even said to Goff "Calm down buddy, you're very emotional about this" and he also told Goff "Let me talk." Which is a surprise to nobody here. :lol:

I often hear Goff talk abut how it's good to have a discussion on tough issues. That's not true. Goff doesn't want to have a discussion. He wants to shout you down and try to convince you to believe and think the way he does.

If Boomer were a caller, Goff would have gone off on him more than what he did. I could tell that Goff very much wanted to call Boomer a "Dumb ass cracker". But he held back cuz it's a guest. Not a lowly caller.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Just listened to the podcast. Boomer Esiasan was spectacular. Goff doesn't even knows how to respond.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Beardown wrote:
They interviewed Boomer today.

As you know, Boomer is one of the evil racists that is against what Kapernick did. Goff went wild on him trying to change his mind to the "right way of thinking". Ya know, Goff's way. But Boomer stood his ground. He even said to Goff "Calm down buddy, you're very emotional about this" and he also told Goff "Let me talk." Which is a surprise to nobody here. :lol:

I often hear Goff talk abut how it's good to have a discussion on tough issues. That's not true. Goff doesn't want to have a discussion. He wants to shout you down and try to convince you to believe and think the way he does.

If Boomer were a caller, Goff would have gone off on him more than what he did. I could tell that Goff very much wanted to call Boomer a "Dumb ass cracker". But he held back cuz it's a guest. Not a lowly caller.

Well, didn't he say yesterday that anyone who disagreed w/ what Kaepernick did is a racist? With that (dumb) outlook, pretty much any attempt at discussion won't go real well.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Did he actually say that, or is it imaginary radio again?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:51 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Mine? To be clear, I didn't hear it, but I thought MANY said he said that yesterday. If not, I'll still continue to say it as though he did, anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Goff came off very poorly.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:05 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:

People who are fucking morons usually do.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
i dont get boomer's point. why is he not allowed to protest at work? he's not allowed to protest because you cant insult the american flag?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:13 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

People who are fucking morons usually do.

The problem with Goff is he goes into every interview ready to fight. He needed to allow his interviewee to voice his opinion and then probe as to why they held their position. Instead Goff had his preconceived opinion and used the interview to persuade Boomer towards his viewpoint. You could clearly tell he was annoyed by antagonistic tone of questioning. Goff only knows "har har har I agree wit chu playa" or "fuck you mothafucka".

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
It's Esiason, jerk Beardown.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Listening now. Boomer's point is reaaaaaaaaaaally weak. Goff hasn't chimed in it. From what I understand, Boomer says Kaep just protest/do whatever he wants, but just keep it outside the lines. Not sure why he invoked 9/11.

Oh geez, he pulled the "I work with two blacks" card.

Last edited by redskingreg on Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:20 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
billypootons wrote:
i dont get boomer's point. why is he not allowed to protest at work? he's not allowed to protest because you cant insult the american flag?

I think what Boomer was trying to say is that Kap can say/believe/feel whatever he wants but should not have done so in his NFL uniform during the anthem/game. He gave examples of how he thought he could have used his NFL/celebrity status to raise this another way. Not sure how but maybe a presser or some other demonstration?

Anyway, at some point Boomer went on about being from NYC and his family ties to 9/11 and the military and said he would not back down that he was against it. So him not backing off and Goff and Spiegs also not giving in there was no end in sight so Boomer wanted to bail. He did spend like 10 minutes more than scheduled.

I think Goff seemed to take it personally and wasn't going to let it end.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
pittmike wrote:
billypootons wrote:

I think what Boomer was trying to say is that Kap can say/believe/feel whatever he wants but should not have done so in his NFL uniform during the anthem/game.

right, i heard that... but it makes no sense to me as to why that particular venue should be off limits, which is why i dont understand his point.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:35 pm 

Goff won this one.

My coworker came in , heard what I was listening to and dropped a "What Kaepernick is doing is HORRIBLE," and walked out.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:39 pm 

redskingreg wrote:
Goff won this one.

My coworker came in , heard what I was listening to and dropped a "What Kaepernick is doing is HORRIBLE," and walked out.

He must be racist.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:40 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
redskingreg wrote:
Goff won this one.

He must be racist.

He also refused to attend his sister's wedding because he's against gay marriage.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:41 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Mine? To be clear, I didn't hear it, but I thought MANY said he said that yesterday. If not, I'll still continue to say it as though he did, anyway.

It just sounds like it's something everyone is inferring but he never actually said. Idk, I don't listen to the show much. Maybe he does think Victor Cruz is racist though.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:46 pm 

I do applaud Goff for addressing and discussing real issues, rather than taking to Twitter to bitch and moan about people calling him fat.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
billypootons wrote:
pittmike wrote:
billypootons wrote:

I think what Boomer was trying to say is that Kap can say/believe/feel whatever he wants but should not have done so in his NFL uniform during the anthem/game.

right, i heard that... but it makes no sense to me as to why that particular venue should be off limits, which is why i dont understand his point.

It's because he didn't really have one.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
It doesn't make much sense to me either. What I was getting is he felt there wasn't any need to disrespect the flag and entire country for the issues Kap wants to bring attention to.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:52 pm 

Beardown's point wasn't whether Goff was right (I agree with him over Boomer) or wrong about Kaepernikc but his demeanor in addressing Boomer. It's impossible to have a discussion with Goff no matter how many times he repeats "Just trying to have a discussion playa".

Goff's content gets lost in how he partakes in conversations. If you aren't agreeing with him then he's going to attack you and consider you an idiot. That's not how discussions work.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:55 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
Goff's content gets lost in how he partakes in conversations. If you aren't agreeing with him then he's going to attack you and consider you an idiot. That's not how discussions work.

He certainly veered that way in the latter part of the interview. He was repeatedly cutting off Boomer, who called him out on it, then Goff kept saying he never cut him off. Wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
pittmike wrote:
It doesn't make much sense to me either. What I was getting is he felt there wasn't any need to disrespect the flag and entire country for the issues Kap wants to bring attention to.

The impression I got was that he was basically saying he had (or at least should have) no right to not stand for the anthem while in "uniform", and he had decided that his take on the matter was incontestable because he stood around the rubble watching the police, firemen, EMTs, et al 'dig up their friends' ... he has chosen trite oversentimentality over critical assessment, which of course he has a right to do, but he does not then have the 'right' to expect people to take his position seriously.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:02 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
Beardown's point wasn't whether Goff was right (I agree with him over Boomer) or wrong about Kaepernikc but his demeanor in addressing Boomer. It's impossible to have a discussion with Goff no matter how many times he repeats "Just trying to have a discussion playa".

That's the problem when people try to imitate Bernstein. You have to actually be a prick to constantly act like one. Most people struggle with it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

Kap said he did it this way to get attention.

You know what would have gotten more attention? Had he organized a rally or a march via his twitter. Set a date. I guarantee you tens of thousands of people in SF would have showed up. Plus media, local and national, would have been there to cover it. That would have gotten more attention for his important cause. Not taken away from it. Which is what the "Flag way" has done.

That would have been a better way to do it.

Ya know what, he can still do this.

Goff: Motha fucka!!!! We really gonna do this right now? Let me tell you something...

Beardown: No. Shut up. We're not gonna do this. I'm right. You're wrong.

Goff: :oops:

Beardown: Good. Now you know how it feels.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:12 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
for some reason i read this thread title as goff da 9'8" much like you would royce da 5'9" -- of course this got me (one of his top-25 "stans" of course </ether>) wondering what a jason goff freestyle (rap) would sound like. surely somewhere in the course of his sub/urban baller lifestyle the guy's been driving around in a car while trees are getting blown, so i'm wondering if the guy has any "mad lyrical skill" or "fo'sho flow" that would have you believing that he coulda been a rapper if he wanted to, however since it's even easier/less-pressure to be a sports talk radio guy that's the path he went down.

HIP SOP SONG OF THE DAY:

MG GIGGLES FEAT MATT DA 420 -- PRACTICE LAUGHIN' HARD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:13 pm 

Beardown wrote:

You know what would have gotten more attention? Had he organized a rally or a march via his twitter. Set a date. I guarantee you tens of thousands of people in SF would have showed up. Plus media, local and national, would have been there to cover it. That would have gotten more attention for his important cause. Not taken away from it. Which is what the "Flag way" has done.

Goff: Motha fucka!!!! We really gonna do this right now? Let me tell you something...

Gotta love white people telling black people they aren't protesting the right way.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:17 pm 

Just listened to it. Neither came off better than the other. Boomer came off as a fucking dope and Goff came across as an asshole who had no interest in listening to Boomer.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Gotta love white people telling black people they aren't protesting the right way.

Why can't I tell him what the better way would have been? Me being a cracker shouldn't matter.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

That's the big problem with Goff no matter if the conversation is serious or not. Playa never listens!!!! He just waits for the voice to stop talking then he goes on a long winded rant. Or sometimes he doesn't wait for the other voice to stop. He'll just talk over that person.