It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:02 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
This covers hosts, TV sports anchors, and frequent guests on local shows.

1. Mark Giangreco -- When he's on with W&S he makes a few too-cool-for-the-room comments, most of which aren't funny. If he demonstrated some actual knowledge in addition to that it would be fine, but he usually sounds like a poorly-informed caller as opposed to someone who has made a living covering sports for the last 30+ years. Disappointing because he seems like someone who should be witty and knowledgeable but is only occasionally the former and never the latter.

2. Michael Wilbon -- Listening to him talk about how "Chicago" he is and then hearing him talk about Chicago sports is like playing basketball with someone who has been telling you for weeks how good he was when he played in H.S. and college only to find out he can't even dribble the ball without bouncing it off his foot.

3. David Kaplan -- Did you know he drives a Corvette? A cheeseball blowhard who falls somewhere between Mike North, Jim Rome, and Stephen A. Smith in terms of knowledge and presentation. Might be a bigger jock sniffer than Mac. Gets to wear Hub's earring on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Spiegel
Goff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:04 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Holmes

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:04 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Jim Rose

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
I think you're wrong about Giangreco and Wilbon. But definitely correct about Kaplan.

Dan McNeil.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:07 am 

City Of Fools

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Tad Queasy wrote:

1. Mark Giangreco -- When he's on with W&S he makes a few too-cool-for-the-room comments, most of which aren't funny. If he demonstrated some actual knowledge in addition to that it would be fine, but he usually sounds like a poorly-informed caller as opposed to someone who has made a living covering sports for the last 30+ years. Disappointing because he seems like someone who should be witty and knowledgeable but is only occasionally the former and never the latter.

2. Michael Wilbon -- Listening to him talk about how "Chicago" he is and then hearing him talk about Chicago sports is like playing basketball with someone who has been telling you for weeks how good he was when he played in H.S. and college only to find out he can't even dribble the ball without bouncing it off his foot.

3. David Kaplan -- Did you know he drives a Corvette? A cheeseball blowhard who falls somewhere between Mike North, Jim Rome, and Stephen A. Smith in terms of knowledge and presentation. Might be a bigger jock sniffer than Mac. Gets to wear Hub's earring on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Kaplan is a Cubs fan pretending to be a Chicago media person.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:09 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Is Mike Adamle still around?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:13 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Rozner is particularly brutal when trying to talk about non Chicago teams in every sport. Just clear that he doesn't know dick about any of the leagues nationally.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:35 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Boers

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:35 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Lou Canellis and it's not even close.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:37 am 

Bigfan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:41 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
leashyourkids wrote:
Boers

I think Boers knows a lot more than he likes to let on, especially about baseball.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Kirkwood wrote:

It's jim Rose and it's not even close. besides not knowing how to pronounce any remotely difficult name during his reports, he doesnt even know how to ask good questions to athletes in the locker room. total phony. i am jelly though he got to do things to peak cheryl burton's boobs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
billypootons wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

It's jim Rose and it's not even close. besides not knowing how to pronounce any remotely difficult name during his reports, he doesnt even know how to ask good questions to athletes in the locker room. total phony. i am jelly though he got to do things to peak cheryl burton's boobs

i think lou watches sports for different reasons than the rest of us billy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:49 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
City Of Fools

shut the front door!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:49 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
billypootons wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

Hello Chicago!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:50 am 

City of Fools wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
City Of Fools

shut the front door!
It was a compliment. You are a Chicago Sports Media Personality and the only one on this board.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Kirkwood wrote:
billypootons wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

i do appreciate that cannelis appears to be legit drunk on air quite often. and he tries to match giaongreco's level of organge

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:04 pm 

You can lump all those big network suited up mannequins together. They are all ill-informed smarm machines with the charisma of a bucket of joint compound. They are perpetually stuck in the early 90s with their stories and fashion sense. I fail to see what purpose they serve other than to entertain the geriatrics and sub 70 IQ people who still watch network news.

Mac and North always struck me as limited with their overall sports knowledge. But they are also the best bullshitters and that can carry you a long way in their medium. Having the knowledge should not be the primary requirement for the job. That's how you end up with these undersexed and sheltered sports geeks with no clue on how to present a radio show being all over the air waves.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Boers

I think Boers knows a lot more than he likes to let on, especially about baseball.

I think Boers knows baseball well. I don't think he knows any other sports at all (contemporarily sports, at least).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Mac in a landslide. North was forced to be more knowledgable at his last gig. Boers knows enough about baseball, football, and basketball to get a pass here.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:25 pm 

Ben Finfer either doesn't know sports or has difficulty applying what he has seen to any coherent analysis

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:44 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Boers

Boers has forgotten more about sports than most everyone else at the Score ever knew.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Barraco's
Tad Queasy wrote:

You're right on with 1 and 2. I'd replace Kap with Goff and then you're set.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:13 pm 

1. a. Jon Kelley
b. Jim Blaney
c. Lance McCallister
2. Boers
3. Murphy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:15 pm 

All dead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Beardown

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Tad Queasy wrote:

Giangreco knows his shit. He correctly stated on air that his source in Buffalo confirmed that the rape case against Kane was a slam dunk.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:30 pm 

Terry knows a lot, but Mac knows football way more than him. There's a story out there somewhere of Mac digging Terry out of a hole at a remote because he couldn't answer a basic football question...

Terry himself says he doesn't like football and won't watch it at all when he's done at the Score.