It is currently Wed Sep 25, 2024 12:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:04 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
my family has nothing to do with it. the majority of the weddings we are invited to are not related.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:47 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Nas wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Nas wrote:
Weddings seem like the biggest headaches and waste of money. I'm the best man (I should win something free for the 3rd time) in a wedding in St. Thomas in a few weeks and it all seems to stressful and a waste of resources. I haven't participated in a wedding that hasn't seemed that way. It's making me think twice about spending thousands just to entertain other people.

I never understood the destination wedding. I was invited to two of them by very close friends and told them no, that I wasn't going. Weddings are a bit indulgent already
but to ask your guests to fly thousands of miles and spend significant money to be there is asking an awful lot.

I've tried to convince myself that it is a vacation for me and my lady friend so I do think about the cost of the trip. I couldn't do that when it comes to the bachelor party and all the other crap. I knew there was a good chance he would ask me to be the best man but I was really hoping that he didn't.

I tried to convince myself of the same thing but to fly my significant other and myself down to Jamaica for even a long weekend would have been $2000 easy. Ridiculous.
My first wife went to New Orleans with her girl friends for a Bachelorette party which I also thought was ridiculous but I guess maybe a bit more reasonable since they all
stayed in a room or two and split the costs. I got remarried last year and did a private ceremony married by a public judge in a park by Lake Michigan. Just family at
the ceremony and we had a small reception at a friends house the next night with about 16 people. We managed to spend under $1000 for everything which we were
thrilled with. It was the 2nd wedding for each of us so that had a lot to do with our decision to keep it low key.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
hnd wrote:
my family has nothing to do with it. the majority of the weddings we are invited to are not related.

Even better. Friends weddings are great.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:16 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Kid's college car has blown transmission. Fix is twice as much as car might be worth. Even used and on and on. Decent beater has to go to bone yard AFTER I bought tires. :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:19 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
hnd wrote:

you have to be trolling. nothing can be worse.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:21 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Kid's college car has blown transmission. Fix is twice as much as car might be worth. Even used and on and on. Decent beater has to go to bone yard AFTER I bought tires. :evil:

i bought a 95 prism for 500 and drove it for 5 years as a get to work car (30 mi commute) its tranny blew and a junk yard gave me 300 bucks for it for the engine (toyota). it needed new tires, new belts, new brakepads, and just overall aa bunch of new stuff. i'm glad it went out when it did i was a week away from putting it in the shop.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
hnd wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
hnd wrote:

I enjoy drinking and celebrating with my friends. Trolling?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:24 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
hnd wrote:
pittmike wrote:

i bought a 95 prism for 500 and drove it for 5 years as a get to work car (30 mi commute) its tranny blew and a junk yard gave me 300 bucks for it for the engine (toyota). it needed new tires, new belts, new brakepads, and just overall aa bunch of new stuff. i'm glad it went out when it did i was a week away from putting it in the shop.

Yeah that was true recently but apparently the bottom has dropped out of scrap prices.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Agree with FF. I enjoy weddings for the most lart

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
SomeGuy wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
I agree w/ hnd on this one. Weddings are no different than lame family get-togethers except you have to spend money and dress up.

I like my family

:lol:

Same here. Good to know that there isn't a shortage of absolutely miserable, self-hating whiny bastards on this board!

Lighten up, Francis!

How ironic.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Lart is the best.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
leashyourkids wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
I agree w/ hnd on this one. Weddings are no different than lame family get-togethers except you have to spend money and dress up.

I like my family

:lol:

Same here. Good to know that there isn't a shortage of absolutely miserable, self-hating whiny bastards on this board!

Lighten up, Francis!

How ironic.

I should complain about your response.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:50 am 

My garage door apparently has developed a mind of its own over the past week and a half. Giving me a lot of trouble when opening and closing.
Closed it before I went back to work after lunch yesterday and when I got home it was wide open. Closed it last night before going to bed. Woke
up this morning and it was half open. Wife left for work this morning and it wouldn't close at all. She manually closed it before leaving so at least
I know it shouldn't be open when I get home for lunch. I'll be calling a professional this morning to come out and give a look. This guy doesn't
monkey with garage door openers. I get a headache just thinking about it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:12 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
T-Bone wrote:
My garage door apparently has developed a mind of its own over the past week and a half. Giving me a lot of trouble when opening and closing.
Closed it before I went back to work after lunch yesterday and when I got home it was wide open. Closed it last night before going to bed. Woke
up this morning and it was half open. Wife left for work this morning and it wouldn't close at all. She manually closed it before leaving so at least
I know it shouldn't be open when I get home for lunch. I'll be calling a professional this morning to come out and give a look. This guy doesn't

Try confusing it by walking out of it backwards.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:14 am 

T-Bone wrote:

Your house is haunted as fuck. Get out of there before it's too late.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:28 am 

FavreFan wrote:
hnd wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
hnd wrote:

I enjoy drinking and celebrating with my friends. Trolling?

i wouldn't enjoy a root canal even if i was able to have friends come with me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:47 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

me too

Thanks for the invite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:51 am 

Not enjoying weddings doesn't make us anti-social. It just means we don't enjoy the format. I prefer more casual get-togethers.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:55 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
I prefer more casual get-togethers.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:01 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
pittmike wrote:

If the tires are nearly new then I'd list them on craigslist.

I replaced manufacturer stock tires with all-weather tires right away when I bought my used car.

Listed the old tires on craigslist since they were in good shape. Got $100 bucks for the set. Better than $0 than if I left them with Firestone

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
What's not to like about a friends wedding? You get to hang with your friends, have some drinks and dance like an idiot. Friend weddings are great, its the random 3rd cousin that you don't know wedding that really is dreadful.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:06 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Big Chicagoan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Lart is the best.

I love Lart.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:29 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
T-Bone wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:44 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

My 13yr old stepson was asking me if I had heard about the clowns. He said he was happy they weren't in this area. I told him that wasn't true
and that there have been reports of some around the area. Before bed last night he told my wife that we really should have a conceal/carry license
and a gun in the house. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Awesome :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:03 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
T-Bone wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

My 13yr old stepson was asking me if I had heard about the clowns. He said he was happy they weren't in this area. I told him that wasn't true
and that there have been reports of some around the area. Before bed last night he told my wife that we really should have a conceal/carry license
and a gun in the house. :lol:

This is all viral marketing for the release of IT next year. Get people really terrified of clowns and then release the movie. Steak dinner boom.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:19 am 

Getting a little weary of my dog's recently developed aversion to rain. I open up the patio door every morning and let him run outside for his morning piss but if there is even the lightest drizzle coming out of the sky he refuses to go out. Or he will go out, stop at the top of the deck stairs, examine his surroundings and abort his urination mission and come stand by the door. This necessitates me clothing myself, putting him on a leash, and taking him outside my own damn self.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:37 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
We had the same problem with our puppy. I didn't know it, but I did some research and I found out the rain falling can magnify everything they hear, thus hurting their ears. Adult dogs eventually get used to it. I guess in puppies its bad because their ears are so sensitive. In older dogs it can be bad too because they aren't used to hearing much anymore and then all of a sudden its like there is a bullhorn directly in front of them.

As much of a pain in the ass as it is/was, one of us standing there with an umbrella does the trick about 80% of the time in the rain.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
:lol: I always just thought my dogs were a couple of pussies. Now I feel bad. Though, this doesn't rule the one named after RGIII from being a complete vag.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:28 pm 

golf got rained out today now I have to go to some mandatory parent meeting about drugs in high school

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 190  Next