It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NFL Database
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:15 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
I have just completed a spreadsheet with the data from every regular season and preseason game from 1997 through 2007 and every postseason game from 1990 through this year, excluding the coming Super Bowl. Listed is the spread info, final scores, over/unders, consecutive weeks played at home or on the road, divisional matchups, and other info. All info has been proofread repeatedly and should be 100% accurate.

Also included in the spreadsheet is an accounting worksheet which easily tracks all of your bets. Just enter how much your betting, what the price is, what type of bet and which league, and the worksheet will track how you are doing in each sport, with different types of bets, and overall.

To by a spreadsheet with this sort of info from other locations in a convenient format such as Excel can cost as much as $100. Plus, you won't get the convenient accounting form that comes along with it. All I'm asking is $25. If you're even a casual bettor, having these tools at your disposal is absolutely necessary. Consider it less of a purchase and more of an investment.

Compiling all this data on your own could easily take you 50 hours, 75 hours or more. Save your valuable time. If you are interested, please PM me and we can work out an arrangement.

***cross-posted in "wagering"***

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:59 am 

Wow... someone has a lot of free time.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
How will this help Grid with Bears' trivia?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Irish

every year in vegas they put out a similar version. With almost every scenario ATS.

Usually you need to go to one of the local gambling shops to find them.

I never put it to the test, but has every Home field, Monday night, away stat for every team etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Baracco's
Once thought about putting together a comparison spreadsheet that would compare returns on equal hypothetical units invested in Dr. J's Stocks and Jocks tips and Bookie Priest's homilies. If anyone has the intellectual curiosity to do this let me know, I'll share the methodology, but you have to share the results of hypothetical testing with the rest of the class. This would involve taking notes between 5 and 6 in the morning. Bookie Priest is usually published on the website after the show, so if you hate MNMS you don't have to listen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'm sure some of the gambling sheets such as, Point Wise, The Gold Sheet and The Sports Reporter put this information out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:19 pm 

A few words in my defense:

1.) This isn't the only place where you can get information. However, there are a few advantages to my system. First, every game is listed in excel, so you can sort everything however you wish. Carolina's ATS record since 1997, 2001 and 2005, respectively? Got it. Games on the road after the bye across the league? Sure. Are vegas lines on O/Us correlating more or less closely than a decade ago? Check it out for yourself. A sheet of info saying "Chicago went 7-9 against the spread last year" or "they are 25-32 in their past 67 games" or anything else is very limiting. Expand the search however you may wish. The database currently goes back to 1997, although I may add a couple of seasons from before that as well.

2.) Very few places have the preseason data, which is potentially more lucrative than regular season data, because it is not played by as many people.

3.) The places that do have this info on spread sheet often include a TON more information than mine does. That's good in some ways, obviously, but bad in two others. First, 90% of the info on the sheet is absolutely irrelevant and isn't going to help you. Who cares how many average yards per carry on third down team X had in a game in 1998? That's probably not going to help you make a decision about any one bet. Even if you knew that the team that has a higher average per carry on third down scores on average 1 point more per game, single season samples are so small that it won't help you in any individual game. And there's a ton of info you need to weed through in order to get to the stuff you want; it can be very unwieldy.

Second, because so much information is included, they are usually a lot more expensive than what I am asking. Why pay $100 for a bunch of crap you don't want when you can spend $25 on something that will actually help you. And I don't think you'll be at a loss for info with this database.

4.) This is a progressive system; once you buy the spreadsheet, it's very easy to continue the data from season to season. Pretty much, you just punch in team, week number, the score, the spread and the o/u and the rest is done for you. You don't need to buy the data over and over again from year to year. Part of the reason sites include so much info is to discourage you from doing it yourself. 5-10 minutes each sunday during the season will adequately update the database, now that I've got it started. Or, you could just let me do the work, too.

5.) The accounting spreadsheet is incredibly nifty, if I do say so myself. I used to hate recording all my bets; it took me forever, I was inaccurate all the time, figuring out career and season totals were a pain in the ass, etc. In this, you pick the league, punch in the size of your unit and the number of units, the price, and whether you won or lost, and the worksheet keeps track of everything for you and is fully sortable, so you can look at back at all your MLB over/unders, or NFL propositions, or boxing plays, or whatever.

6.) Spot a stupid trend when you see one touted. New Orleans is 6-1 against the spread at home after a double digit road loss in November? OK... how far back does that data go? Is that worthwhile, or are we talking about teams that have none of the current Saints players? Check your own data.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yeah. No need to defend yourself Irish Boy. I wasn't saying don't buy it from you. Buying it from you is as good as anywhere else. Sounds like you got some extra stuff anyway.

This info is invaluable to a gambler. 25 bucks is nothing if you're a regular gambler anyway.

Buy if from Irish Boy if you want this stuff!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:32 pm 

For me that is only a few words!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Baracco's
IB, read this if you are looking for stimulating read this summer before you start apartment hunting in Hyde Park.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:09 pm 

I'm a basketball idiot. This is my gambling off season. I'll start paying closer attention to 3 year old horses in a couple of weeks, but that won't really pick up for me until Arlington opens. I'm willing to guess that I know less about basketball than anyone else on this board.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

Doesn't matter if you know basketball. A true degenerate gambler always knows a bet is 50/50.

Maybe you'll be on the right side of NBA games by just guessing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:25 pm 

That'd be an interesting experiment. Someone else on the board who actually knows what the hell they are doing should list their plays, and I'll list 10 games a week just based on absolutely nothing, and we'll see who does better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

Howard Stern did this study. He had a monkey pick against Artie Lange. The monkey would point to a team for each game.

The monkey won.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:37 pm 

How much did Artie Lange win by?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:47 pm 

Irish Boy wrote:
I'm a basketball idiot. This is my gambling off season. I'll start paying closer attention to 3 year old horses in a couple of weeks, but that won't really pick up for me until Arlington opens. I'm willing to guess that I know less about basketball than anyone else on this board.

Take what you learned about the Poly and throw it out the window with Turfway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:23 pm 

I've been having luck with Aqueduct this winter. Wouldn't ya know it that it's closing in two weeks.

The polytrack was very bad to me last season. Maybe I just needed the adjustment period.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Irish Boy wrote:

You'll make a great "lawer" someday.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:47 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Irish Boy wrote:

You'll make a great "lawer" someday.

His closing argument will take days...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:45 pm 

if he continues to win less than 50% of the time he will make an excellent public defender

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
good dolphin wrote:
if he continues to win less than 50% of the time he will make an excellent public defender

OUCH!

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:49 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

...and a great choice for the basketball coach at Northwestern.