It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 4:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Darkside wrote:
My first customer... as I leave it say "thank you for your time and business, happy Friday "
He says "have fun working today. I'm retired. It's nice"

He's sticking it to you.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:39 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:43 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

GEORGE: You see what just happened here?

JERRY: What?

GEORGE: She treated me to the Arabian mocha java.

JERRY: And you misinterpret this how?

GEORGE: She's stickin' it to me that she makes more money than me.

JERRY: I'm sure she was just being nice, buying you the coffee.

GEORGE: No, not nice. She's stickin' it to me.

JERRY: You're crazy.

GEORGE: (worked up) Stickin' it to me, Jerry.

JERRY: George.

GEORGE: (angry) Stickin' it!

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
I'm sick to frigging death about how seemingly everyone can't wait to breathlessly tell each other how great it is that we have a 'peaceful transition of power'.

So does basically everywhere else other than places that don't barely exist like Uganda or Giveafuckistan or wherever. I don't recall Merkel getting her position by winning an Aaron Burr-like duel or the new broad in Britain having to MMA-fight the previous fruit to move into 10 Downing.

It's as unique to our country as Friday following Thursday is.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:05 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
President Obama didn't take our guns or get a 3rd term.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:07 am 
100000 CLUB

Don Tiny wrote:
I'm sick to frigging death about how seemingly everyone can't wait to breathlessly tell each other how great it is that we have a 'peaceful transition of power'.

So does basically everywhere else other than places that don't barely exist like Uganda or Giveafuckistan or wherever.

Egypt wrote:
Ummm...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:12 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

So does basically everywhere else other than places that don't barely exist like Uganda or Giveafuckistan or wherever.

Egypt wrote:
Ummm...

Egypt is on the list of 'does not exist' places.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:20 am 
100000 CLUB

Don Tiny wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

Egypt wrote:
Ummm...

Egypt is on the list of 'does not exist' places.

I'd rather go to Tunis, then we can have tuna sandwiches for lunch.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:24 am 

You can tune a guitar, but you can't tuna fish.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Egypt want exactly a transition of power... it was a coup wasn't it?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:47 pm 

My daughter did end up having an ACL tear. She had surgery to repair it on Thursday. Dealing with a teen girl recovering from surgery is quite the deal. Thankfully from what I have been told day 2 and 3 following surgery are usually the worst. So hopefully we will be seeing better days soon.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:21 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Dot com "curation" -- too tired to expound on it tonight, but I'll be back.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:24 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Fat fucker down the hall was found dead yesterday. Must have been there for a bit. The smell of death permeated my floor. It was like a scene from Se7en. Nasty.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:28 am 

Furious Styles wrote:
Fat fucker down the hall was found dead yesterday. Must have been there for a bit. The smell of death permeated my floor. It was like a scene from Se7en. Nasty.

Move.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:40 am 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Furious Styles wrote:

So you tolerated the smell? What kind of place you live in,do they kill chickens in the apartments as well? Are you neighbors with RFDC?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:08 am 

chaspoppcap wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:

So you tolerated the smell?

It's not a message board. There isn't an ignore feature.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:12 am 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Furious Styles wrote:

Are they on to you yet?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:54 am 

Killer V wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:

Are they on to you yet?

I think I'm in the clear.

I thought I might be in the midst of back-to-back death days. There was a Kia Soul parked in front of my building and it was running/idling whenever I left or returned home yesterday. Noticed last night that the driver seat was reclined and then saw a motionless, hoodied body. Came out today, saw the Kia and motionless body, was about to call 911 and the fucker stirred. Must be taking up temporary residence on a quiet street.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:56 am 

Furious Styles wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:

So you tolerated the smell?

It's not a message board. There isn't an ignore feature.

Go get your shine box, Chas.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:49 am 

Chus wrote:

I don't think he will see this since he has you on ignore.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:15 am 

Furious Styles wrote:
Chus wrote:

Notice: By blocking me, you hand me more victory than you can fathom, because I can manipulate the world around you while you're none the wiser.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:28 am 
100000 CLUB

Chus wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:
Chus wrote:

Notice: By blocking me, you hand me more victory than you can fathom, because I can manipulate the world around you while you're none the wiser.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:56 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Although no surprise at all, I went to the local card shop to find out whether or not my full sets of baseball cards from 1985-1989
were worth anything. He told me no. Essentially he told me to take any of the prices you see on eBay and look at 25% of that
value and that is what it is "worth". I'm not mad about it but I remember as a kid how many hours of fun I had collecting them
and trading them and stuff. I thought maybe they would be worth something when I got "old". Even the Ken Griffey cards and
stuff he said just aren't worth what they were back in the late 80s / early 90s. I don't want to throw them away but I don't want
to keep storing them either. A guy at work has a kid who is like 7 and a baseball nut so I may give them to him to play with. I
brought a bunch of my other stuff in as well and there just wasn't a lot of interest. Told me to get my signed baseballs authenticated
so I may go to a card show this year and get that done. Glad I didn't get too deep into that stuff as a hobby. It is a different world
now with that stuff I think.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
T-Bone wrote:
Although no surprise at all, I went to the local card shop to find out whether or not my full sets of baseball cards from 1985-1989
were worth anything. He told me no. Essentially he told me to take any of the prices you see on eBay and look at 25% of that
value and that is what it is "worth". I'm not mad about it but I remember as a kid how many hours of fun I had collecting them
and trading them and stuff. I thought maybe they would be worth something when I got "old". Even the Ken Griffey cards and
stuff he said just aren't worth what they were back in the late 80s / early 90s. I don't want to throw them away but I don't want
to keep storing them either. A guy at work has a kid who is like 7 and a baseball nut so I may give them to him to play with. I
brought a bunch of my other stuff in as well and there just wasn't a lot of interest. Told me to get my signed baseballs authenticated
so I may go to a card show this year and get that done. Glad I didn't get too deep into that stuff as a hobby. It is a different world

I wasn't into it but a received full Topps sets from someone that got them somehow. I have years from 90-95 maybe? Anyway, there was a time there where people spent a lot of money. I remember the kiosks in malls more than anything.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:02 am 

T-Bone wrote:

Yeah, that time era really isn't worth anything at all. The '85 Topps set really took off when McGwire and Clemens were ruling the league, but that stuff even took a hit when the steroid news broke. I don't even think the '89 Upper Deck Griffey card is worth a ton anymore (I never even had one of those). It's amazing that card shops even survive these days. But I seem to remember stories of RFDC's brother in law making big bucks on selling trading cards. :D

I threw all my cards out earlier this year except for a selection of decent stuff that fits in a shoebox. It was great to be rid of so much clutter.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:07 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Douchebag wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Yeah, that time era really isn't worth anything at all. The '85 Topps set really took off when McGwire and Clemens were ruling the league, but that stuff even took a hit when the steroid news broke. I don't even think the '89 Upper Deck Griffey card is worth a ton anymore (I never even had one of those). It's amazing that card shops even survive these days. But I seem to remember stories of RFDC's brother in law making big bucks on selling trading cards. :D

I threw all my cards out earlier this year except for a selection of decent stuff that fits in a shoebox. It was great to be rid of so much clutter.

Yep, that was a time when MANY guys bought full sets and stored them without opening them.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:10 am 

My cards may be worthless but I'm retiring off my beanie baby collection.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:16 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Strangely enough after my daughter's passing I have found a select few of them are still worth money on Ebay.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:17 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Strangely enough after my daughter's passing I have found a select few of them are still worth money on Ebay.

Some of the bears have a little value.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:40 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Douchebag wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I think I will bring the cards in and see if the guy from work wants them for his kid. If not I can put them in the dumpster. the 1985 set was the
first one I had and I was so pumped in the late 80s when the McGwire, Gooden and Clemens cards started being valuable. As I said, I am not mad
as I only have 4 sets or so. It was a blast to collect the cards and learn about the players and stuff. Before the internet and computers and cable tv
that is how you got to know the players as a kid.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 190  Next