It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 3:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Please use the Lakemoorfest bonfire to dispose of unwanted collectibles and board members.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:51 am 

Douchebag wrote:
But I seem to remember stories of RFDC's brother in law making big bucks on selling trading cards. :D

:lol: My idiot brother n law that has his wife blinded into thinking his calling in life is to sell sports cards on ebay from their basement. Dude has quite the life. Does not work. Mooches off my sister in laws job. Watches every sports event known to man. Buys magazines and such because they are a "work" expense :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:54 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Some of the bears have a little value.

Jordan Howard
Leonard Floyd
Kyle Long

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:55 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
RFDC wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
But I seem to remember stories of RFDC's brother in law making big bucks on selling trading cards. :D

:lol: My idiot brother n law that has his wife blinded into thinking his calling in life is to sell sports cards on ebay from their basement. Dude has quite the life. Does not work. Mooches off my sister in laws job. Watches every sports event known to man. Buys magazines and such because they are a "work" expense :lol:

Hmmmm.... tell me more. Maybe I can turn this worthless stuff into an opportunity to bankrupt myself and watch sports all day. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:58 am 

T-Bone wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Hmmmm.... tell me more. Maybe I can turn this worthless stuff into an opportunity to bankrupt myself and watch sports all day. :wink:

The solution here seems simple. T-Bone should sell off his collection to RFDC's brother in law.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:04 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

:lol:

Funny thing they did file bankruptcy a few years back. They moved from IN to NC and just decided to stop paying their mortgage and left the house and thought no one would notice :lol: I would guess they are well on their way to that place again.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
One thing that was entertaining at a party ten years ago or so was to buy a few sealed packs on eBay of Topps cards from the 80s -- I think we got about 10 packs for 10-15 bucks? -- and then open them and see how many of the guys you could remember... and yes, we tried the gum and it just disintegrated.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
i talked to a baseball card shop guy after the Cubs won the series. he basically told me that the only things of value are within the last few years and have to be autographs, game used, or relic cards. all of our old stuff is basically worthless unless you have cards from the 60s and earlier.

I did recently purchase some graded kris bryant rookies from ebay.

I have quite a few old baseball pennants from the late 50s and early 60s...might try to get rid of those on ebay.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
doug - evergreen park wrote:
i talked to a baseball card shop guy after the Cubs won the series. he basically told me that the only things of value are within the last few years and have to be autographs, game used, or relic cards. all of our old stuff is basically worthless unless you have cards from the 60s and earlier.

I did recently purchase some graded kris bryant rookies from ebay.

I have quite a few old baseball pennants from the late 50s and early 60s...might try to get rid of those on ebay.

I have a 1957 Ernie Banks card I bought from a guy when I was a little kid for $15. That one is in the book for $120 but even that you should only
take at 50% value according to the card guy yesterday. I have two Ted Williams team signed balls from 57 and 60 and that Roger Maris ball I
found from 1959. He said if they check out they could be worth a couple hundred a piece. Guess I will find out. Just costs money to find out,
but at least then I will have documentation and paperwork with them. I have an Urlacher signed football that I don't have any certificate for
and he said that he wouldn't touch that one so it is kind of worthless. I'll just give it to someone at some point I guess that could appreciate it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:11 am 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
When you think it's going to be "If You Don't Know Me By Now," and it turns out to be " Take It to the Limit."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Telegram Sam wrote:
When you think it's going to be "If You Don't Know Me By Now," and it turns out to be " Take It to the Limit."

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Telegram Sam wrote:

That, right there, in a court of law, is a valid reason for justifiable homicide...fuck the Eagles.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
the reason they are worthless is because every person who is 35-45 has a rubbermaid or 2 in their basement/attic full of mid 80's to 90's baseball cards. All my friends still have theirs. i have mine.

same with action figures and comics. in the 90's was a huge collectable surge so everyone just kept EVERYTHING. we were idiots.

pic is literally 50 seconds old in my office.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:34 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I have a bunch of cards from the '50s and '60s and every Topps set from 1975-1990.

My brother and I were going to retire on those. Maybe not.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:39 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
newper wrote:
One thing that was entertaining at a party ten years ago or so was to buy a few sealed packs on eBay of Topps cards from the 80s -- I think we got about 10 packs for 10-15 bucks? -- and then open them and see how many of the guys you could remember... and yes, we tried the gum and it just disintegrated.

:lol:
Similar ... years ago on a lark some guy on eBay apparently had some huge cache of unopened baseball card packs from the 80s and was selling random lots of like 10 for $5 or whatever, so I got $20 worth. Why in the name of God I tried the gum, I'll never know. :puker:

I think I found a handful of 'fun' cards, incl'g a Mark Grace rookie (I think it was a Donruss card maybe).

Eh, it killed a little time on a winter's night.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:40 am 

Telegram Sam wrote:

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:40 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I have a bunch of cards from the '50s and '60s and every Topps set from 1975-1990.

My brother and I were going to retire on those. Maybe not.

My son turns 15 this week. I buy him a complete Topps set for this birthday every year. I was a huge collector and have pretty everything from 1983-1989. And it's sad that most of that stuff is worth less now than when I bought it as a kid.

Oh well.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:45 am 

Make Baseball Cards Great Again

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:01 am 

It's like the housing market. People now have to use the cards for the purpose the were originally intended rather than as an investment

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:25 am 

good dolphin wrote:
It's like the housing market. People now have to use the cards for the purpose the were originally intended rather than as an investment

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:34 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Furious Styles wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I know it's fake. But it still bothers me.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:46 pm 

I just realized that Deborah Harry is 72. Between her and Jayne Kennedy I was set as a kid. Of course that means that I am feeling old as shit right now since 40 years ago wasn't THAT long ago. :lol:

Now I know how Jimmypasta feels when he sees Ann Margaret

(Like every old guy I'm watching ch. 11, as usual and Blondie is on Soundstage :lol: :oops: :lol: )

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Regular Reader wrote:
I just realized that Deborah Harry is 72.

Would?

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:12 pm 

Chus wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
I just realized that Deborah Harry is 72.

Would?

Yes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
leashyourkids wrote:
One of my guys called me in this morning to tell me he has stage 3 cancer. He's probably about 30, has a wife and 2 kids. I know lot of people have had it and are fine, but it's still crushing to hear. Really good guy.

Good news in the complain thread. My guy I mentioned above had surgery to remove two bones in his shoulder that were affected and did chemo, but they don't think the cancer has spread. He stopped by the office today and looks thin and weak but was in great spirits and is improving physically every day. Was great to see him. I tend to be a backslapper and accidentally hit his affected shoulder like a dumbass, but he laughed his ass off and said "I told my wife leash would do that." Great to see him in good spirits and recovering.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:24 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
One of my guys called me in this morning to tell me he has stage 3 cancer. He's probably about 30, has a wife and 2 kids. I know lot of people have had it and are fine, but it's still crushing to hear. Really good guy.

Good news in the complain thread. My guy I mentioned above had surgery to remove two bones in his shoulder that were affected and did chemo, but they don't think the cancer has spread. He stopped by the office today and looks thin and weak but was in great spirits and is improving physically every day. Was great to see him. I tend to be a backslapper and accidentally hit his affected shoulder like a dumbass, but he laughed his ass off and said "I told my wife leash would do that." Great to see him in good spirits and recovering.

Great, now the next time I see someone get overly aggressive in a greeting, I'm going to think: "leash would do that". Seriously though, good to hear and all the best to your friend.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Regular Reader wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Great, now the next time I see someone get overly aggressive in a greeting, I'm going to think: "leash would do that". Seriously though, good to hear and all the best to your friend.

Thanks, RR. I am a serial backslapper/arm grabber/headlocker. I can't help it. I have so much love to give. If we ever meet, just approach slowly.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:19 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Regular Reader wrote:
I just realized that Deborah Harry is 72. Between her and Jayne Kennedy I was set as a kid. Of course that means that I am feeling old as shit right now since 40 years ago wasn't THAT long ago. :lol:

Now I know how Jimmypasta feels when he sees Ann Margaret

(Like every old guy I'm watching ch. 11, as usual and Blondie is on Soundstage :lol: :oops: :lol: )

I had a similar shock when I found out Blondie's age a few years back. Made me second guess my teen thoughts about her when I learned she was a year older than my mom. :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:25 am 

I was watching Blondie on Soundstage as well.

Clem Burke can still drive a band like a motherfucker.

-Hank Kingsley

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 190  Next