It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:46 am 

pizza_Place: ***
It's not a matter of needing personal attention. I saw the progress that some of the guys made in the weight loss section. I don't need to lose weight, but I want to get into better shape. This is a way of keeping myself honest. I was kinda hoping someone else would take up the exercise and we could spur each other on. But no matter, I'm going to keep doing the workout every Saturday and I'll keep posting my times. If you don't care, don't read the thread. It's a big board. Besides, 99% of my posts are on things not concerning my personal life.

As for the law school decision, I posted it somewhere else on the board. I'd hate to waste any more of your time congratulating myself in this thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:03 pm 

i already have a pretty good workout plan that's why i didn't go for this, plus i'm more into cardio than lifting. i only lift 3 times a week and i don't really max out that much, plus i'll switch up with light lifting work outs too.

this program would've helped when i was in high school though...if only...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Baracco's
I like the routine minus dead lifts minus clean and jerks. I have an old back abused by long distance running.

Try to do the box jumps with a resistance tube puling you back and a bosu halfball soft side up on the box. To make it more fun put a bean bag (no euphemisms here) on your head and make sure it doesn't drop when you jump. For more fun, try to hold on to a tennis ball between your knees. I did about 20 minutes of that exercise a day at the end of one of my rehabs. A five-mile run is less tiring!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:24 am 

Irish Boy wrote:
It's not a matter of needing personal attention. I saw the progress that some of the guys made in the weight loss section. I don't need to lose weight, but I want to get into better shape. This is a way of keeping myself honest. I was kinda hoping someone else would take up the exercise and we could spur each other on. But no matter, I'm going to keep doing the workout every Saturday and I'll keep posting my times. If you don't care, don't read the thread. It's a big board. Besides, 99% of my posts are on things not concerning my personal life.

As for the law school decision, I posted it somewhere else on the board. I'd hate to waste any more of your time congratulating myself in this thread.

I started this two weeks ago. First attempt..72 minutes, then 60, then 50...then 48. Last week was a goof-off week...so have to get back on board this week. I have two different 300 workouts...one is the home edition...I have not tried that yet. I thought I might alternate the workouts every other week.

31 minutes. Impressive. Not sure I can get there. Fucking pullups at the end kill me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
unrelated...

i just saw this movie last night.
those muscles are clearly digitized to some degree. i could have done without the love story crap. just kill already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:34 pm 

walkrman5 wrote:
Irish Boy wrote:

I started this two weeks ago. First attempt..72 minutes, then 60, then 50...then 48. Last week was a goof-off week...so have to get back on board this week. I have two different 300 workouts...one is the home edition...I have not tried that yet. I thought I might alternate the workouts every other week.

31 minutes. Impressive. Not sure I can get there. Fucking pullups at the end kill me.

I used to have no problem with the pullups, but they've been giving me trouble as well, or at least more trouble than they used to. My cardio has improved drastically, so that's where I'm making up the most time. I'm finding that I'm strong enough to do everything quickly (except that second set of pullups) but my lungs give out on things like the deadlifts.

48 minutes isn't bad, you're only two weeks behind me. When I was at 48 I thought I wouldn't be able to improve the time any more. Now I'm at 31 and I have no clue how I'll get any faster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:45 pm 

very cool. Like I said, I slacked alittle last week, so hopefully back at it this week.

What are you using for the base jump? I am using my bench for now, but not real happy with that. Not as sturdy as I would prefer.

I'm sure my initial times this week will be "not so good". Too many beers last week!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
doug - evergreen park wrote:
unrelated...

those muscles are clearly digitized to some degree. i could have done without the love story crap. just kill already.

Thats ruining too many great movies these days. Its becoming an epidemic in hollywood, I think W_Z needs to get to work on correcting that problem. It's the same thing that killed the last 20 minutes of Knocked Up.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:00 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
unrelated...

Thats ruining too many great movies these days. Its becoming an epidemic in hollywood, I think W_Z needs to get to work on correcting that problem. It's the same thing that killed the last 20 minutes of Knocked Up.

I agree. Katherine Heigl's digitized muscles were over the top.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
unrelated...

I agree. Katherine Heigl's digitized muscles were over the top.

Way over the top, that birth scene was bad.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:08 pm 

walkrman5 wrote:
very cool. Like I said, I slacked alittle last week, so hopefully back at it this week.

What are you using for the base jump? I am using my bench for now, but not real happy with that. Not as sturdy as I would prefer.

I'm sure my initial times this week will be "not so good". Too many beers last week!

My gym has the plastic aerobics thingees that you can build up to about any height. I would worry about using the bench too. Only thing is, I'm not really sure what else you can use. The hood of your car?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:12 pm 

Some day I'll be buff
I work ten minutes a day
Maybe then chicks notice

All blistered and burnt, can't hide my disgrace.
Am I evil? Yes. I am.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:47 am 

Irish Boy wrote:
walkrman5 wrote:

My gym has the plastic aerobics thingees that you can build up to about any height. I would worry about using the bench too. Only thing is, I'm not really sure what else you can use. The hood of your car?

I am going to build something I think. I have a pretty good workout room in my basement....but my bench is not going to hold up if I keep using it for base jumps. I have had two "slacker" weeks almost, but finally kicked it last night...48 minutes again....Then filled it in with some other stuff...so I guess I did a 350 workout. Rock on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:09 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

It's lazy filmmaking in my opinion. Makes me miss the good old days of stan winston and rob bottin...when a special effect was an actual EFFECT...

but i didn't think it ruined "knocked up" i still thought that was solid.

"300" was a beautiful looking mess of a film. had no soul, no point, no theme, but a lot of great looking scenes. and it was too long.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:43 pm 

300 was a tremendous movie for all sorts of reasons, not the least of which was the visualizations. It was an exploration of human exceptionalism, ringing with Nietzchean undertones. I also don't remember it being that long, definitely under 2 hours.

Your taste in movies perplexes me. There Will Be Blood was inconsistent, numbingly slow and without purpose. The characters lacked any real depth, instead substituting unexpected "where did that come from?" moments for true development. The plot was tedious and easily resolvable. And the movie never really expounded a theme any more mature or stimulating than "look at the religious rubes!" 300 wasn't a perfect movie by any stretch, but it had something to think about. It was a celebration of a cultural ethic completely inconsistent with Western Christian morality and yet it didn't hesitate to label evil as such. I'd rather 10 more 300s than 1 more There Will Be Blood.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:03 pm 

Irish Boy wrote:
300 was a tremendous movie for all sorts of reasons, not the least of which was the visualizations. It was an exploration of human exceptionalism, ringing with Nietzchean undertones. I also don't remember it being that long, definitely under 2 hours.

it felt much longer than that, and i felt no such exploration. its blandness in character development reminded me of "Gladiator".

Quote:
Your taste in movies perplexes me.

I hear that an awful lot. You should see my music collection. :wink:

Quote:
There Will Be Blood was inconsistent, numbingly slow and without purpose. The characters lacked any real depth, instead substituting unexpected "where did that come from?" moments for true development. The plot was tedious and easily resolvable. And the movie never really expounded a theme any more mature or stimulating than "look at the religious rubes!"

"There Will Be Blood" was an allegory; stretched as it was, and definitely could have been a two hour film that was much stronger than the two and a half hour movie that had a few too many "drag" moments...but it was basically a symbolic movie about power. big business, represented by day-lewis's character, vs. religious, paul dano's character, power, and the exploitations of both. did it meander? yes, indeed it did. i forgave it because of the performances, and i appreciated where pt anderson was coming from. it was a different kind of movie.

Quote:
300 wasn't a perfect movie by any stretch, but it had something to think about. It was a celebration of a cultural ethic completely inconsistent with Western Christian morality and yet it didn't hesitate to label evil as such. I'd rather 10 more 300s than 1 more There Will Be Blood.

there were definitely cool moments in "300"; some of the ideas were great. but i didn't feel the movie at all.

i am always up for giving movies second chances; i regretted it with "gladiator", but if "300" is on i certainly won't turn away from it...but from my initial viewing, it just LOOKED great, but wasn't great.

It was definitely no "Sin City"...which was a beautiful film in so many ways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:02 pm 

26 minutes today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
W_Z wrote:
It was definitely no "Sin City"...which was a beautiful film in so many ways.

Thank you, I have been trying to convince people how awesome this movie was. I cant wait for the second one this year.

IrishBoy, thank you for not following through on your threat of pictures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:28 pm 

Oh, they're coming, whether you like it or not. I just need to figure out how to get them from my cell phone to the site. You're all going to be treated to a visual feast, a delight for the senses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Is it a motorola phone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Time to come clean. I have actually been doing this workout for about a year now. I have gotten it down to about 11:14. I have, however, begun to incorporate a little more lifting because I think I could be more toned.

Unlike, Irish Boy, I will actually post a picture:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:07 pm 

Killer, how do you find a shirt to fit you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:48 pm 

Everybody to the limit!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Baracco's
HappyHour Jason wrote:
Killer, how do you find a shirt to fit you?

V and Lou Cannelis don't need shirts.