It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Yes. I am.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:41 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
rogers park bryan wrote:
I know my request is pretty unreasonable to ask a salesman trying to pay the bills.

I've never sold cars but you can do both. People actually like when you don't fuck them and you can live off of referrals.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
they are not baby sitters. If the customer can get the financing (without fraud mind you), they can make their decision.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
There are three things that you should understand about Jason Goff, other hosts and me.

1) I was the only guy on the air staff who went to bat for him. In '09, when Spiegel missed a day with an illness, I was told "no" on Teddy Greenstein as a last-minute sub because everybody hated him. Hard feelings over him writing positive things about the MJH show, even hosting it one day. I then asked for Jason and Mitch said no. I kept after it 'til I finally got him on board. For that, Jason owes me nothing. He was grateful at the time and expressed it. He was solid as a fill-in so as far as I'm concerned, the favor was returned.

2) I couldn't care less what Jason or anybody on any radio station says about me. Even if I did, listenership on all terrestrial station is a fraction of what it once was. What my family and friends think of me is all that concerns me.

3) There have been three years (at least) in which I paid more in taxes than most of 'em will ever have or ever will earn in a year.

Remember... the eagle doesn't hunt the fly.

pizza_Place: Pequods
Hatchetman wrote:
they are not baby sitters. If the customer can get the financing (without fraud mind you), they can make their decision.

^This

Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Hatchetman wrote:
I've had two ford trucks. I had to sell my F250 4x4 because it wouldn't fit in my garage in Oak Park. Man I loved to hear that diesel whine.

WOULD buy another when I strike it rich.

Best vehicle I ever owned was an F-150.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hatchetman wrote:

Great man of God!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:56 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
shirtless driver wrote:
No one gives a shit.

This nearly made me spit my coffee out.

But I enjoyed the post and hope you are successful with your new endeavor. Would love to hear you on the radio again. We need it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:56 pm 

Mac FM wrote:
3) There have been three years (at least) in which I paid more in taxes than most of 'em will ever have or ever will earn in a year.

Is it safe to say that no one in local radio is making or will ever make the type of money you saw a decade ago again? I'd imagine smart phones/in car wifi have killed radio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: ....
If you have any kind of fame and/or public recognition, you can easily make high six figures in retail sales, be it realty, insurance, cars, or the like.

Immediate ice-breaker, lead-generator, and comfort-level provider that the lay-salesperson will never have.

In essence, the client "pays" to add a public figure as a "friend" - everyone wins! Wise choice, Mac, as we are all whores in some way anyhow. Shake what ya got.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:58 pm 

Panther pislA wrote:
If you have any kind of fame and/or public recognition, you can easily make high six figures in retail sales, be it realty, insurance, cars, or the like.

Immediate ice-breaker, lead-generator, and comfort-level provider that the lay-salesperson will never have.

In essence, the client "pays" to add a public figure as a "friend" - everyone wins! Wise choice, Mac, as we are all whores in some way anyhow. Shake what ya got.

This is all true, Mac should probably announce his new job publicly on his FB as he has thousands of followers and if they are in the market for a Ford truck, they would go out of their way to find him at the dealership.

Seriously Mac, you could make a decent living with this gig as lead generation is the name of the game.

Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe on Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Mac FM wrote:
There are three things that you should understand about Jason Goff, other hosts and me.

1) I was the only guy on the air staff who went to bat for him. In '09, when Spiegel missed a day with an illness, I was told "no" on Teddy Greenstein as a last-minute sub because everybody hated him. Hard feelings over him writing positive things about the MJH show, even hosting it one day. I then asked for Jason and Mitch said no. I kept after it 'til I finally got him on board. For that, Jason owes me nothing. He was grateful at the time and expressed it. He was solid as a fill-in so as far as I'm concerned, the favor was returned.

2) I couldn't care less what Jason or anybody on any radio station says about me. Even if I did, listenership on all terrestrial station is a fraction of what it once was. What my family and friends think of me is all that concerns me.

That's because the eagle is too busy getting you zero percent financing with no money down!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: The Invisible Slice
Hatchetman wrote:

I need you to spread your seed, please.

I have neither the time, or the inclination, to explain myself to a man who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very economic growth that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Terrestrial radio will never die. There always will be a need for live and local. It has been severely injured, however, by technology. Thousands of options. And, as I suspected when I bought Sirius/XM stock 7 or 8 years ago, people will desire the product once they've sampled it. It's a good product. And I've almost tripled my money on it!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Mac FM wrote:

I agree on Goff's seeming prowess as an on air talent, but Mac have you had a chance to sample the current iteration of Goff in his afternoon role?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Rationed Market
The Market wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

I've already outlawed it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:04 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Mac FM wrote:

I'm going to be looking at buying a truck in about a year or so. My kids have sports and shit so I want the storage/bed. Don't want another SUV. Can you get me out the door under 25K on a F150? The only thing I need is 4 doors. Don't need a big engine(actually prefer better mileage) don't need 4 wheel drive either.

pizza_Place: Score cafe
Mac FM wrote:

HOOP THERE IT IS.

Hey Mac, we know Goff reads this site. Can't avoid it. He'll never admit it though. Cuz he's a dumbass. And cuz he's arrogant. You can make it happen though. Think about it. Use your connections to get word to Goff. Send him a text. Whatever. Have him respond to your post here. It'll be epic. We'd finally get the showdown we deserve. Get on it Mac. The readership will be huge.

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Mac FM wrote:

Is it safe to say that no one in local radio is making or will ever make the type of money you saw a decade ago again? I'd imagine smart phones/in car wifi have killed radio

If cell phone makers would just turn on every phone's native FM antenna, FM repeaters would become a premium, and talk programming could begin to close on podcasting, maybe.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:06 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Best of luck to you Mac. If I was t out here I'd stop in for an Explorer.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:08 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Panther pislA wrote:

This is all true, Mac should probably announce his new job publicly on his FB as he has thousands of followers and if they are in the market for a Ford truck, they would go out of their way to find him at the dealership.

Seriously Mac, you could make a decent living with this gig as lead generation is the name of the game.

Also, the advantage of selling cars over insurance, houses, etc is there is no courses needed, no state licensing, no dues, and no continuing education requirements that serve as hefty, hindering and annoying overhead on the other sales professions.

I apologize to The Hawk

Last edited by Panther pislA on Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
leashyourkids wrote:
Mac FM wrote:

That's because the eagle is too busy getting you zero percent financing with no money down!

No. Need insurance for that new car? I got a bird.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: The Invisible Slice
Government Regulation wrote:
The Market wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

I've already outlawed it.

And now people posing as cops will never know what it feels like to be taken seriously.

I have neither the time, or the inclination, to explain myself to a man who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very economic growth that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Mac FM wrote:
There have been three years (at least) in which I paid more in taxes than most of 'em will ever have or ever will earn in a year.

This is so sad. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

Panther pislA wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Panther pislA wrote:

Also, the advantage of selling cars over insurance, houses, etc is there is no courses needed, no state licensing, no dues, and no continuing education requirements that serve as hefty, hindering and annoying overhead on the other sales professions.

You also make less money and there are no residuals.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:22 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:

Agreed. I already posted it was an unreasonable request.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:25 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Mac FM wrote:

I'm going to be looking at buying a truck in about a year or so. My kids have sports and shit so I want the storage/bed. Don't want another SUV. Can you get me out the door under 25K on a F150? The only thing I need is 4 doors. Don't need a big engine(actually prefer better mileage) don't need 4 wheel drive either.

This sounds very much like a DegenerateDave post

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:36 pm 

Nas wrote:
Panther pislA wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Panther pislA wrote:

You also make less money and there are no residuals.

Well, the #1 rule in commissioned sales is "Sell the most expensive shit you can".

Of course, the drip on selling heavy equipment, etc is probably a lot bigger per unit, but with the more expensive items, you may need more technical knowledge and/or experience.

My childhood buddy, on a whim (after seeing the movie 'Step-Brothers', I believe), decided he wanted to look into selling helicopters. I told him I didn't know anybody who did that, and that he should Google or make some calls around to see how to get in to that profession. He found that there are pretty much two types of people who are able to sell choppers: Mechanical Engineers and former military/pilots. lol dead end for my bud. Now he is a union carpenter.

Anyhow, Mac, I like how you are looking to do something new, whilst doing something old, whilst also looking to grow.

As I see it, I really think you should approach the Webb boys about doing a daily show LIVE right from their showroom floor. They would fund the show, and it would be an incredible draw. Even on the internet, I think it would be a huge hit, and it would bring droves of people into the showroom. It would be like having a remote every day.

I apologize to The Hawk

Last edited by Panther pislA on Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:38 pm 

Mac will be a pariah among the salesmen within 6 months. The sales floor will become a circus of mic sniffers.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:39 pm 

IMU wrote:
Mac will be a pariah among the salesmen within 6 months. The sales floor will become a circus of mic sniffers.

The rising tide lifts all ships, Pokey.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:40 pm 

Panther pislA wrote:
IMU wrote:

The rising tide lifts all ships, Pokey.

You might not know a lot about dealerships, so I'll explain one of the basic tenets to you: The salesmen compete against each other for the ever dwindling walk-in, and the internet sales manager scoops up the rest.

Mac will be the carnival attraction, and the sales guys will get extremely annoyed with the constant "I'm here for Mac.' Knowing that experienced sales guys would convert many of those into sales, and Mac will not.

Source: I grew up in a car dealership.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next