It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: finfer weighs in
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I liked Finfer as a producer. He's a boring host.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:40 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
pittmike wrote:
Franky T wrote:
These whiny little bitches (Finfer, Goff, Big Red) need to realize that most people aren't on Twitter, and those that are are generally like-minded. No matter how many "likes" or "re-tweets" they get the majority of the listening audience doesn't want to hear their style of sports radio. One would think they would learn from Danny getting demoted like he did - guess not.

You are not kidding about Twitter. Media is consumed by it and it’s incestuous.

AMEN !!!!

You can add Trump to that list.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:40 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Seriously, I know he's still butthurt because of The Game, maybe rightfully so. But he's in an industry with what- 20 jobs? And he's throwing a tantrum and ripping one of the power players and then wondering why he can't get another job? Credit where it's due. Spiegel is playing it like an adult.

Exactly. Spiegs is going about this the right way for someone who wants to continue to work in the industry. Goff, et al, need to realize that social media support doesn't equal work and paychecks.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:41 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Seriously, I know he's still butthurt because of The Game, maybe rightfully so. But he's in an industry with what- 20 jobs? And he's throwing a tantrum and ripping one of the power players and then wondering why he can't get another job? Credit where it's due. Spiegel is playing it like an adult.

Would Finji have a thread here if he was playing it like Spiegel?

Probably not, but he might have a job.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Nope. The only time I can remember in the last couple of years that something about him received a significant amount posts here was when he was let go by ESPN and bitched about that as well.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
RFDC wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Credit where it's due. Spiegel is playing it like an adult.

Or he has not yet recovered from the binge he went on

He gets 22 more months of paychecks and can be the new Rozner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:43 pm 

Franky T wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Yeah there is only 1 station that can hire him and he just torpedoed that. He has to change industries or leave Chicago at this point. Heck, he once produced Mac so you would think he would try to play that card with Mac back at 670. That won't fly now.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Yeah there is only 1 station that can hire him and he just torpedoed that. He has to change industries or leave Chicago at this point. Heck, he once produced Mac so you would think he would try to play that card with Mac back at 670. That won't fly now.

It seemed like he was angling for a co-hosting jig with Mac on his podcast. Mac might have brought him in as a producer, but his tweets blew that chance.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:19 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Spaulding wrote:

Do you like anybody?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:50 pm 

I like you.

Sorta.

Kinda.

Not Really.

I love Silvy and Mac. Parkins seems okay. Hood is alright most of the time. I like Jurko when he is involved but that's rare.
I like if I catch Huebner on Saturdays but haven't heard him in a long time. JD is tolerable with Hood. I liked drinky and Goff before they turned into whatever they turned into.

I demand excellence!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:57 pm 

Spaulding wrote:

Do you like anybody?

No, no she doesn't.

She is one who will claim to never listen to so and so, but always manages to have strong opinions on that person :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:58 pm 

You cannot demand excellence and then love Silvy

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Finfer showing how stupid he is.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:02 pm 

Chris_in_joliet wrote:
Finfer showing how stupid he is.

it's how he got canned from WMVP in the 1st place

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

Finfer is weird for somebody who hasn't really made it. For somebody in the business. THINK ABOUT IT

If Finfer was to make it, as was his goal, does he not realize that somebody would have been fired for him to get a full time radio gig? Would he have gone on twitter after replacing a radio host saying "It's great to get this full time radio gig, but my boss ruined the life of the guy I replaced."

And Mac was his idol. Is he mad at Mac for wrecking Goff's and Spiegel's lives?

Does he think that once a radio host is hired he should be there for life?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:22 pm 

RFDC wrote:
No, no she doesn't.

She is one who will claim to never listen to so and so, but always manages to have strong opinions on that person :lol:

Ask my husband. My opinions on most people are formed within about 5 minutes and they rarely change. He loves it, never annoyed by it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Did Goff really re-tweet that Finfer stuff?

What an idiot.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:28 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
RFDC wrote:
No, no she doesn't.

Ask my husband. My opinions on most people are formed within about 5 minutes and they rarely change. He loves it, never annoyed by it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Anything but Sbarro
Beardown wrote:
Finfer is weird for somebody who hasn't really made it. For somebody in the business. THINK ABOUT IT

If Finfer was to make it, as was his goal, does he not realize that somebody would have been fired for him to get a full time radio gig? Would he have gone on twitter after replacing a radio host saying "It's great to get this full time radio gig, but my boss ruined the life of the guy I replaced."

Yes, I realize these things. But I think it's possible to still treat people like human beings when making decisions that affect their lives. I don't think anyone's life was wrecked or ruined, however.

And trust me, I didn't ruin my chance of getting a job at the Score with my tweets today. I did that a few years ago when I ripped the guy on the air. Which might have been stupid, but c'est la vie.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
BFinfer wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Yes, I realize these things. But I think it's possible to still treat people like human beings when making decisions that affect their lives. I don't think anyone's life was wrecked or ruined, however.

And trust me, I didn't ruin my chance of getting a job at the Score with my tweets today. I did that a few years ago when I ripped the guy on the air. Which might have been stupid, but c'est la vie.

Ben, is going from beating the competition in the key demo to losing by nearly two whole points in the demo grounds for the hosts responsible to lose their jobs or be reassigned?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
BFinfer wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Ben, is going from beating the competition in the key demo to losing by nearly two whole points in the demo grounds for the hosts responsible to lose their jobs or be reassigned?

Also how weren't Goff or Meat treated like human beings?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
BFinfer wrote:

Thank you for creating an account and posting.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:47 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
BFinfer wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Not just them. The m.o. for this guy is to forget he's managing actual people. I'm not going to laundry list all the examples because I don't care that much if you believe me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:47 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
BFinfer wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Yeah, their contracts are being honored still, and they get to sit at home. Things move fast when your ratings are so bad your talk show has to go commercial and sponsor free for an hour, go figure.

I still think Spiegel got absolutely worked, though. He actually had prolonged ratings success that got both Goff and Parkins promoted ahead of him. But let's not pretend Ben isn't only angry about Goff losing his job.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:49 pm 

BFinfer wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
BFinfer wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Not just them. The m.o. for this guy is to forget he's managing actual people. I'm not going to laundry list all the examples because I don't care that much if you believe me.

But you care enough to find the subject being talked about here, create an account, and post about it here. You care at least a little.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:50 pm 

I still think Spiegel got absolutely worked, though. He actually had prolonged ratings success that got both Goff and Parkins promoted ahead of him. But let's not pretend Ben isn't only angry about Goff losing his job.

Oh there's no question I'm biased and maybe a little bitter. I don't deny that.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
You were just on Mac's podcast a week or so ago. Did you know this was going down, or did Mac keep it to himself?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:51 pm 

But you care enough to find the subject being talked about here, create an account, and post about it here. You care at least a little.

Yeah, that's a pretty good point. I guess I do care at least a little.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:51 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
BFinfer wrote:

Thank you for creating an account and posting.

Yeah. Very few have that much balls. Oskee Wow-Wow!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:55 pm 

BFinfer wrote:

Oh there's no question I'm biased and maybe a little bitter. I don't deny that.

If it is any consolation, you had a lot of balls to try The Game, and I think there is wide spread board consensus that WGN mishandled The Game and pulled the plug wayyyyy too early.

Now That you're here, take a stroll on over to the Julie DiCaro thread and feel free to post your own anecdotes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next