It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Depp & Co.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:17 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Maybe you have heard they are filming the movie Public Enemies, which I saw a little bit of the filming yesterday and you can see the people in their apartments taking video all over. So I figured someone had it on Youtube.

Actually tons of video from people watching the making of the movie.

So yes, I saw Depp, but so did about 200 other people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HbZIHRVqDs

today they are at 55 East Washington, inside the old Pittsfield Building.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:32 am 

Heaven on Seven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:48 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
good dolphin wrote:
Heaven on Seven

I thought HoS was in 25 East Washington???

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:14 pm 

Actually Heaven on Seven is in the Garland building using the 111 N. Wabash address but is across the street from the Pittsfield building at 55 East Washington.

Pittsfield has/had a old time kick ass bar in the basement. It is now closed, but was called "The Chiselers Club" the building was filled with primarily Jewelers back in the day. Way back in the day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Baracco's
bigfan wrote:
the building was filled with primarily Jewelers back in the day

I believe there are still a handfull of appraisers who have offices there. That and a bunch of doctors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:33 pm 

Coach Crapowski wrote:
bigfan wrote:

I believe there are still a handfull of appraisers who have offices there. That and a bunch of doctors.

Yes I know, I put half of them in there. I represented the building back in the late 90's. It was owned by a subsidary/related company of the Bin Laden family. Not blood related , business related, but it was a prince I dealt with. Once a year he flew in, walked the building, asked how much we needed, him and an advisor then met in private , asked us questions and then by the end of the day, the guy would write a big check to keep the building open and he would leave till next year.

The building has always lost money.

It is now owned by ALTER gorup who is doing some College Dorm housing on the upper floors.

Weirdest thing ever, was finding a suite/office that was walled off on both sides possibly in the 50's and was forgotten about. Found a sink and wall covered in moss that grew from a dripping sink over 30+ years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:59 pm 

bigfan wrote:
Coach Crapowski wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Yes I know, I put half of them in there. I represented the building back in the late 90's. It was owned by a subsidary/related company of the Bin Laden family. Not blood related , business related, but it was a prince I dealt with. Once a year he flew in, walked the building, asked how much we needed, him and an advisor then met in private , asked us questions and then by the end of the day, the guy would write a big check to keep the building open and he would leave till next year.

The building has always lost money.

It is now owned by ALTER gorup who is doing some College Dorm housing on the upper floors.

Weirdest thing ever, was finding a suite/office that was walled off on both sides possibly in the 50's and was forgotten about. Found a sink and wall covered in moss that grew from a dripping sink over 30+ years.

Actually...that's kind of cool. I bet there are lots of interesting things behind the walls in a building of that age.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:12 pm 

here is a kinda cool one.

some genius thought we should have a dentist historical museum because we had so much old dentistry crap. so they set it up in one of the suites and one day we went in and I opened the old dentist files, pulled out a card and it was "Bill Davidson, Jr" Notes on the card 'family owns part of Harley Davidson, Milwaukee, then something about his teeth

also had the chance to walk the Capons liquor tunnels before the chicago flood and every building had to seal up the tunnels

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:53 pm 

bigfan wrote:
some genius thought we should have a dentist historical museum because we had so much old dentistry crap. so they set it up in one of the suites and one day we went in and I opened the old dentist files, pulled out a card and it was "Bill Davidson, Jr" Notes on the card 'family owns part of Harley Davidson, Milwaukee, then something about his teeth

A random pull produces Bill Davidson. Pretty cool, I'd say.