It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 48  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:58 pm 
OG is one of a kind, that much is certain. Does he have a future in radio or manning the microphone at the Elburn truck pull, only time will tell. But, seriously, is he doing anything but the Bulls stuff. Has any of these rumors on here about doing the Rush, or getting his own show, come to fruition? Just wondering.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:17 pm 
Truth be told wrote:
OG is one of a kind, that much is certain. Does he have a future in radio or manning the microphone at the Elburn truck pull, only time will tell. But, seriously, is he doing anything but the Bulls stuff. Has any of these rumors on here about doing the Rush, or getting his own show, come to fruition? Just wondering.

The first OG show is on tonight from 7-10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:20 pm 
I hope he opens the show by talking about his sweet ass car deal!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:23 pm 
Lil' Red wrote:

You probably wish you had a car, you southside trash

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:25 pm 
Good job Spaceball, giving Mike his own show. He will bring huge ratings to the station. Smart move

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:29 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Lil' Red wrote:

Nice try taint-mouth. I live in Skokie and have 2 vehicles-Mine and the car I bought for my wife. Continue living in your fantasy world and thinking you have the best show on the air. You suck and the only people that listen to you are your family. You're radio career has been a bust. Deal with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:29 pm 
[Tall Midget] wrote:
Quote:
What does OG have that others don't at the station or in the radio biz in general? Charisma, baby, charisma. That's proven ever day in this thread. It's proven every day on the radio. He's the Sinatra of radio.

The Sinatra of radio? Nahhh. He's more like the "Now Serving Customer #..." of radio. It's a shame he couldn't keep his gig working the P.A. at Kaufman's Deli, but I hear he's gonna pick up some weekend shifts at the Portillo's on Skokie Blvd. Again, this is strictly a volunteer position, but at least he'll command a larger audience than he does on the radio. Since you're his agent, perhaps you could relay some words of advice? Don't let him complain about not having enough au jus for the beef sandwiches. The guy is already skating on thin ice....

What station in a major media market, do you have your own show?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:31 pm 
Lil' Red wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Lil' Red wrote:

Nice try taint-mouth. I live in Skokie and have 2 vehicles-Mine and the car I bought for my wife. Continue living in your fantasy world and thinking you have the best show on the air. You suck and the only people that listen to you are your family. You're radio career has been a bust. Deal with it.

If his career is a bust, Why does he have his own 7-10pm show . Be sure to tune in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:36 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
If his career is a bust, Why does he have his own 7-10pm show . Be sure to tune in.

Well to start with, he is only FILLING IN for the REAL talents, Jeff Dickerson and J. Hood because they were filling in for Carmen and Silvy. And secondly, OG was on a career website ADMITTING that his career was a bust. Call me when OG gets ANY permanent show (other than Bulls pre and post-those slots are not a concern to MVP because they won't have the Bulls next year.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:39 pm 
This is a permanent schedule change. Mike will be on until further notice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:43 pm 
Inside wrote:

I'll be listening to SCR until further notice.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:44 pm 
Lil' Red wrote:

Who do you listen to> Rover, Spike, or North?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:47 pm 
Lil' Red wrote:

Your an idiot, stay off this board

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:51 pm 
Anonymous wrote:

WBBM-AM

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

Anonymous wrote:

Who designated you, an unregistered guest, as the spokesperson for this board? If you want to police the board, start with your piss poor grammar. The term would be YOU'RE an idiot, not YOUR an idiot.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:55 pm 
Lil' Red wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

WBBM-AM

You is an idiot, stay off this board

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:01 pm 
Al Barlick wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Who designated you, an unregistered guest, as the spokesperson for this board? If you want to police the board, start with your piss poor grammar. The term would be YOU'RE an idiot, not YOUR an idiot.

Just trying to give credit to a very good talk show host.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:23 pm 
So Mike has the show until further notice? Or is he just filling in for a couple days. Who's going to do the show when he's doing Bulls games?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:32 pm 
OG just needs a chance. There's something about him, as evidenced on this Web. He's got the dapper looks, the charisma and the baritone voice to go national. He reminds me a bit of Bob Costas. Those bloated, smug afternoon hosts are like bowling pins, and he's the ball. He's coming MJH, armed with something you don't have: TRUE TALENT! Try to deny it, radio geeks, make stupid, pithy comments about him being this or that. But it just shows your jealousy. He is the real thing, baby, and all of Chicago is about to find out.
OG IS FOR REAL!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:34 pm 
Inside wrote:
Until tomorrow when Rosenbloom is on without OG.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:36 pm 
The real deal wrote:
OG just needs a chance. There's something about him, as evidenced on this Web. He's got the dapper looks, the charisma and the baritone voice to go national. He reminds me a bit of Bob Costas. Those bloated, smug afternoon hosts are like bowling pins, and he's the ball. He's coming MJH, armed with something you don't have: TRUE TALENT! Try to deny it, radio geeks, make stupid, pithy comments about him being this or that. But it just shows your jealousy. He is the real thing, baby, and all of Chicago is about to find out.
OG IS FOR REAL!

He reminds me of Rizzo in Midnight Cowboy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:42 pm 
Reminds you of Rizzo? Mike or the poster?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:45 pm 
OG doing a great job with Mongo. And what do you know, I'm writing this as he's on the air. Hmmm, I guess that means I can't possibly be the OG. And you know what...he hasn't mentioned his car deal once. Or anything personal for that matter. Just sticking to driving a show. And one that's topic driven, unlike some of the fluff you hear on that station. Stick with it OG...your time will come.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:37 am 
Great show OG, keep up the good work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:43 am 
This is why I love this thread. First, I highly doubt that OG or his crazy family have posted that much recently. I'm sure they still read everything, but there is no way they are that DUMB to continue with these positive OG posts. Secondly, you know NONE of these pro-OG posts are coming from anyone at WMVP, since OG is clearly disliked by the majority of his co-workers. Thirdly, since OG has no real fans outside his immediate family, the pro-OG posts are not coming from actual listeners. So, where is the OG love coming from? I bet from all the part-time/full-time Score producers and interns who live on these message boards (not Rock, he seems like a good guy). By continuing to bring up OG, they are exposing one of the main weaknesses over at 1000. It would be like an ESPN employee constantly posting that Murph is a great talent, or the Mike North Morning Show is a must listen. I have solved the OG mistery! But seriously, Score guys and gals, keep it up, it's funny! But becareful what you wish for, OG might wind up at WSCR after he's dumped by WMVP following the Bulls season!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:04 pm 
I think good old Keeping Score has made a comeback as a OG fan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

Greatest Thread Ever! wrote:
OG might wind up at WSCR after he's dumped by WMVP following the Bulls season!

They better stock the fridge full of butter :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:00 pm 
Is it true that Silvy was suspended for getting into a shoving match with the OG. The source of the argument was supposedly OG backstabbing Silvy about real low ratings

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:59 pm 
Quote:
I live in Skokie and have 2 vehicles-Mine and the car I bought for my wife. Continue living in your fantasy world and thinking you have the best show on the air. You suck and the only people that listen to you are your family. You're radio career has been a bust. Deal with it.

Hey Lil' Red--You're in Skokie, huh? I'm not too far away from there myself. Maybe we can get together and check out some of OG's work this weekend. My sources tell me he's got the 9:30-9:45 P.A. shift at Portillo's. Normally, Portillo's has their employees work longer hours, but they are requiring OG to build his skills first. Right now, he's almost as polished as some of their high school-age, part-time employees who learned English as a second language. I've also heard that OG recently applied for the open "Greeter" position at Herm's Palace on Dempster near McCormick. I'll have to keep my eyes open to see what happens there.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:02 pm 
You're close. I heard there was a knife fight between Carmen, Silvy and Bruce Levine. And that Bruce was the last man standing. That's why Levine is still on the air, and Silvy and Carmen are not.

3 Men Enter.....1 Man Leaves!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 48  Next