It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

Not an exact quote but that was that's what he basically said durring "Can't do it". The question was "Who at the station are most angry that you are back?"

Spiegei: Mac said they had a heated text message exchange last week. Mac wanted to meet up with him. Spiegel said he didn't want to do it. Some other things were said by Spiegel and Mac didn't want to get into it. Spiegel also got out of their long time fantasy football league to further show that he hates Mac.

Zaidman: Mac said he saw him at a Cubs game last week and Zack was a dick to him. Look, this doesn't shock me. Zaidman is the type that wouldn't be friendly to anybody at the SCORE. He thinks he's an elite broadcaster and doesn't want to get in the mud with any of the SCORE guys. He thinks they're all scumbags. I suspect he hates all of them. This is no big deal.

Hub: Mac just said he thinks Hub hates that he has returned. Didn't give a reason.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Wasn't one of the very few highlights of the Mac and Spiegs Show Mac hanging up on Zaidman in the middle of a segment?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

ZephMarshack wrote:
Wasn't one of the very few highlights of the Mac and Spiegs Show Mac hanging up on Zaidman in the middle of a segment?

Yeah. They shot him and cut him off. So what? Everybody at the station picks on Zack because he's a shill for the teams he works for. And he's an oily ass hole. B&B gave him shit for years because of this.

Like I said, Zack hates all of the SCORE people. He's high brow and thinks he's gonna be a national sports media star. He's not gonna associate or be friendly with lowly SCORE people. They're all beneath him in his mind.

Zack and his kind are easy to read.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:05 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
i'm pretty sure that i've heard RED ALERT guffawing in the background when pat/coomdaddy crack jokes during the broadcast. zach's a team player like that... and you can feel the passion emanating from your speakers when he does all the countless reads during the pre/post infomercials.

also it's kind of funny to hear him butter up sandberg and essentially kiss the ring when he's in studio. and, of course, it's always fun to hear the positive spin on everything. i wonder how many people he's banished to the cornfields over the years?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

Bernstein once told a story about Zack.

A couple of the SCORE shows were at Bears training camp.

So the guys from the two SCORE shows were at the bar that night. And, like a high school kid, Zack didn't acknowledge the 4 guys from the shows or their producers. Wouldn't sit with them. Wouldn't have a beer with them. Zack hung out with Joniack and Thayer the entire time at the other side of the bar. The distinguished/high brow kids. Bernstein said he saw Zack peering at them hoping they wouldn't come over to his table.

That makes sense to me. That sounds like Zack.

So I'm not shocked that Zack was a dick to Mac at the Cubs game. He was probably embarrassed that Pat Hughes saw that Mac tried to greet him. Didn't want Pat to think he was friends with white trash.

Last edited by Beardown on Wed May 16, 2018 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
An entire segment devoted to discussing whether to wager on the Cubs tonight because they are underdogs at -112. COMPELLING RADIO!

Last edited by Juice's Lecture Notes on Wed May 16, 2018 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:12 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Spiegei: Mac said they had a heated text message exchange last week. Mac wanted to meet up with him. Spiegel said he didn't want to do it. Some other things were said by Spiegel and Mac didn't want to get into it. Spiegel also got out of their long time fantasy football league to further show that he hates Mac.

Should surprise no one. Meatpants is and will forever be a whiney bitch. He is like a teenage girl with how he reacts to things.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Wasn't Spiegel sleeping on his brother's basement-couch when Mac tapped him to be his partner and gave Spiegel the best opportunity of his career.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hussra wrote:
Wasn't Spiegel sleeping on his brother's basement-couch when Mac tapped him to be his partner and gave Spiegel the best opportunity of his career.

Yup.

Spiegel proves to be a two-faced douchebag once again.

Goff and Parkins talked before on air about Spiegel having a "secret bad guy" that he lets out on certain occasions. I don't think it's really a secret. He's just an asshole.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
Hussra wrote:

Yup.

Spiegel proves to be a two-faced douchebag once again.

Goff and Parkins talked before on air about Spiegel having a "secret bad guy" that he lets out on certain occasions. I don't think it's really a secret. He's just an asshole.

Yep. And then Spiegel wrote that thing on facebook saying "I refuse to be bitter about this". Yet all he's doing with Mac is showing how bitter he is.

Spiegel never thought Mac was gonna share this on the air. Spiegel should have known better. He's known Mac long enough.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:03 pm 

Hussra wrote:

Yeah no shit . Spiegel would be eating dog food and have 2 less marriages if Mac didn’t pick him up off the radio scrap heap

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Hussra wrote:

Yeah no shit . Spiegel would be eating dog food and have 2 less marriages if Mac didn’t pick him up off the radio scrap heap

Spiegel's last two wives: Fuck you, Mac!!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
badrogue17 wrote:
Hussra wrote:

Yeah but Mac also screwed over Speigel on several occasions with his bad “habits”. He was feeling good and and riding high after a rough start with Parkins and his world was blown up in an instant by the return of the prodigal son. To be clear I’m glad Mac is back but I also understand why Speigel might be a tad irritated.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:44 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Zippy has it right I would guess.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:46 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Hussra wrote:

Yeah but Mac also screwed over Speigel on several occasions with his bad “habits”. He was feeling good and and riding high after a rough start with Parkins and his world was blown up in an instant by the return of the prodigal son. To be clear I’m glad Mac is back but I also understand why Speigel might be a tad irritated.

He has a right to be irritated. It's his reaction to that irritation we are criticizing.

Look at it from Mac's perspective. Is he supposed to just give up on his decades long career just to ensure he doesn't hurt anyone's feelings?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

Oh fuck that. Mac was out a lot when they did shows together. So Spiegel had to talk sports with Rozner instead of Mac. That must have been soooo hard. :roll:

Cry me a river.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Hussra wrote:

That's not really so much on Mac than it is Jimmy D.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Don Tiny wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Hussra wrote:

Jimmy D the CFMB lurker?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

That's what I don't get.

Spiegel is breaking up his relationship with Mac because Jimmy D fired him? What a baby.

Sure, Mac had a relationship with Jimmy D. That's why he got hired. But Spiegel got hired 10 years ago because of his relationship with Mac. Mac pushed for him and basically hired him.

That's the way this shit works.

Spiegel didn't give a shit about the guy he replaced when he was hired. Just like Connor doesn't give a shit about Goff. And Goff didn't give a shit about anybody he replaced.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:12 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Hussra wrote:

He has a right to be irritated. It's his reaction to that irritation we are criticizing.

Look at it from Mac's perspective. Is he supposed to just give up on his decades long career just to ensure he doesn't hurt anyone's feelings?

Isn’t that what Leash did?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

And why make enemies with Mac? He hired you once before. Maybe he would have done it again. Sometime in the future.

Not anymore.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
Who really gives a fuck? I am still turning the corner on Mac. I used to tune in to listen to Terry. Mac is turning out like this for me. He is more interesting now for some reason.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:42 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Hussra wrote:

Not sure which 'side of the coin' you're arguing here.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:42 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Hussra wrote:

Jimmy D the CFMB lurker?

The same.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:45 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Hussra wrote:

Mac could have saved Spiegel if he wanted to, don’t you think?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:08 pm 

I am only vaguely remembering this but didn’t Mac say/post at some point a while ago that Spiegs wasn’t what he thought he was getting in a radio partner?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Hussra wrote:

No way Mac would have sstarted the eye the guy pulling him off the floor of a Ford dealership to do talk radio and said "...only if you keep Matt Spiegel in the lineup."

Spiegel could have been brought back in some regular capacity if he just would have shut up and let Goff take all the heat for talking out of school about the End Of Days. But now? Eh.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

Have we figured out why Hub hates Mac?

Then again, he might be the same as Zaidman. Hub probably hates all the SCORE guys as well. B&B used to tear Hub apart. Then Hub got fired by the Bears, hired by the SCORE and had to pretend that he liked all of them.

Pay checks always trump hate.

You dive into the mud when you no longer have the high brow status. Which is what Hub did.

Plus Hub is a weasel. He'll tear somebody apart in a commentary then immediately say he didn't mean what he just said. Which is classic for meaning what you initially said. Goff was like that as well.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac was begging to get back in. No way you can fight for Spiegel in that spot.

Spiegel has to realize that he got 10 years at the SCORE because of Mac. Knowing Mac was a net positive for him, he shouldn't hate Mac.

Especially since Spiegel is a self proclaimed "Peace and Love" guy. :roll:

Yet, Spiegel hates Mac. What are you gonna do?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:15 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Hussra wrote:

No way Mac would have sstarted the eye the guy pulling him off the floor of a Ford dealership to do talk radio and said "...only if you keep Matt Spiegel in the lineup."

Spiegel could have been brought back in some regular capacity if he just would have shut up and let Goff take all the heat for talking out of school about the End Of Days. But now? Eh.

This wasn’t just any guy pulling Mac of the sales floor. It was Mac’s buddy, who was more than willing to shake things up just to give Mac his coveted time slot. Clearly Mac had hand to some degree in the new lineup. Even if he didn’t push Spiegel out he certainly didn’t go to bat for him.