It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Parkins agrees with every crazy Madden move because the saber metrics dictates it. Lineup placement is unimportant. Almora should sit when he's hot. It's ok to bat gimenez in the ninth with Bryant available. Pitchers playing left field in the ninth in a 1-0 game. Then on phone calls when he's called out he's like "you've got a valid point".

Parkins is one tiny step above Julie and Les in sports intelligence.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Wrong. He criticized not batting Bryant in the 9th. He doesn’t want to sit Almora, he specifically said he’s going to get 500+ at bats this season...it’s important to get Happ at bats too.

Imaginary radio.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:54 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Wrong. He criticized not batting Bryant in the 9th. He doesn’t want to sit Almora, he specifically said he’s going to get 500+ at bats this season...it’s important to get Happ at bats too.

Imaginary radio.

He said the only reason sitting Bryant makes sense is if he was told he was totally off under any circumstances which makes no sense being off tomorrow.

He mentioned the predicted at bats if almora continues the same pace. He consistently says almoras success should and won't influence his appearances but is based on saber metrics only

You're an apologist for an apologist. Parkins is bad. Abbaticola would have been a better choice.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Imaginary radio.

Almora is on pace for 473 AB's 9ver a season of 162 team games. That's about 80 fewer than the average MLB starter. He might barely qualify for seasonal rankings as a function of team games (3.1 PA's per team game, for 502 total, Almora on pace for 523).

Last edited by Juice's Lecture Notes on Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:57 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
What moves does Madden make nowadays? Pool to couch? Deep fryer to cutting board?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
I've hear Parkins do a LOT of "think big picture" water carrying for Maddon and the Cubs.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

vitoscotti wrote:
Parkins agrees with every crazy Madden move because the saber metrics dictates it. Lineup placement is unimportant. Almora should sit when he's hot. It's ok to bat gimenez in the ninth with Bryant available. Pitchers playing left field in the ninth in a 1-0 game. Then on phone calls when he's called out he's like "you've got a valid point".

Parkins is one tiny step above Julie and Les in sports intelligence.

I heard him say this. If nothing that a manager does matters, then why the hell do you pay them 4 million a year. Just put my ass in the dugout and I'll pick the lineup out of a hat. IT DOESN"T MATTER. SABER METRICS SAY SO. So I can sit there for 3 hours chewing seeds and watch a baseball game the same way Maddon does.

Maddon is a bad manager. He just is. Anybody can win 90+ with this Cubs team. But things matter more in the post season. And Maddon has been bad in the playoffs. They won the WS despite him.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:05 am 

Madden putting Brian Duensing in the outfield said the last time he played outfield was 2001 in high school. He said it was terrifying and was praying the ball was hit to right in the ninth.

Cishek said was he was given prescription sunglasses and it was tough seeing.

Parkins analysis was aren't pitchers the best athletes in high school baseball. Sometimes, but usually they're the worst.

I thaought Mac really actively critiqued Madden's moves and was actually mocking him at times. He repeatedly mocked his smugness and high appraisal of his own managing expertise.

Parkins boot licking, and jock sniffing of Joe Madden with Mac cringing will be must listen radio if time allows before 6 for Cubs postgame. It will be interesting if they stop taking phone calls because Parkins is having trouble saving face with them.

Bring on the weekday day games!

Last edited by vitoscotti on Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:01 am 

The Score has a lot invested in the Cubs and it is readily apparent that all of the hosts are aware of the investment. Sox fan Mully is the guy who overcompensates the most.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: Barracos
Does anyone have an issue with after listening to an entire Cubs ballgame - and THEN the post game....essentially the entire McNeil and Parkins show was more Cubs talk...WTF? I'm probably alone on this issue, but geezzzzz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:00 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
ILLUM wrote:
Does anyone have an issue with after listening to an entire Cubs ballgame - and THEN the post game....essentially the entire McNeil and Parkins show was more Cubs talk...WTF? I'm probably alone on this issue, but geezzzzz

Yeah I do get bothered by all that Cub.

As far as Parkins it is at least listenable if Mac gives a counter even if just a mild mannered one. I get truly bothered by Kasper hits. Unless you are true blue kook aid drinker he is useless.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:01 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
The postgame with Zaidman feels shorter than it did with Grote or Rongey's Sox postgame. Much less caller-intensive, I think. Might not be a bad idea to keep the official postgame brief and then treat general programming as a postgame show.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:54 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
What moves does Madden make nowadays? Pool to couch? Deep fryer to cutting board?

What cubs needs is a Pajama Party rode trip to get those bats going, maybe bring out some Zoo animals
to Wrigley to get the guys fired up, or how about dressing up like the 70's? that's always been a slumpbuster!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

pittmike wrote:
ILLUM wrote:

Yeah I do get bothered by all that Cub.

As far as Parkins it is at least listenable if Mac gives a counter even if just a mild mannered one. I get truly bothered by Kasper hits. Unless you are true blue kook aid drinker he is useless.

Given the baseball is the only sport that is being played right now, the Cubs are a great team, and the White Sox don't have many fans or a team worthy of much conversation, are you interested in more national baseball conversation OR things like NBA draft talk/free agency, etc.?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

My biggest issue with WSCR is the amount of air time and these luncheons they have with Cub players. I'm sure Dan Bernstein and others would argue that the station is critical of the Cubs when warranted, but they are business partners who have their top executives on weekly across all of the shows. Maybe smart by the Cubs to be so available, but should listeners of the station be concerned about their objectivity?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:05 pm 

I'm not concerned about their objectivity. I know they're completely in the tank.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:39 pm 

I think the score needs more non Cubs employed baseball people on the station.. M& P are smooth talkers, can rattle off stats and theories, but do they really know squat about baseball other than the obvious? I don't walk away with any gained knowledge about sports from hosts. Even Ozzie what you can understand adds a lot of insight.

In general it seems the score has gone on the cheap with third party guests who can be unbiased. Possibly that's intentional with it's Cubs investment. They don't want outside opinions other than fan call ins which are usually mocked.
Mark derosa on ESPn 1000. is bright, and adds a lot.

It's a shame the Cubs are even on the score killing a lot of interesting sports talk possibilities to appease them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:42 pm 

The wrong baseball team got out of its radio contract.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
BD wrote:
My biggest issue with WSCR is the amount of air time and these luncheons they have with Cub players. I'm sure Dan Bernstein and others would argue that the station is critical of the Cubs when warranted, but they are business partners who have their top executives on weekly across all of the shows. Maybe smart by the Cubs to be so available, but should listeners of the station be concerned about their objectivity?

Jason Goff:
Hey playa, if you dont like what were sending, you dont have to listen. Plain and simple. Imma be just fine.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:32 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
:lol: imma be just fine too you dumbass.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:30 pm 

Zz only took 1 postgame call after the Wednesday Joe Madden amusement park ride of managerial moves.

Now after the Friday night Cardinals game no calls.
That's a shame. It's great radio to hear a team paid apologist wiggle and bs questionable moves pointed out from callers.

Rongey was the master apologist bullshitter after Sox games. And Rongey would argue with callers and his answers were 5 minutes of no content.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:33 pm 

Did the Cubs specifically request a postgame that wasn't caller-intensive or was this an editorial decision from the Score? The Sox were surprisingly down with it, and the Cubs did lots of extended postgames on WGN.