It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac's comment in "Can't do it" when asked about the moral at the station over the firings. Mac said there was a heeling process that took place but then offered this comment.

We know Mully hated Spiegel. So for you "Can't do it" callers, next week, ask Mac who at the SCORE didn't like Goff. You'll either win a prize or we'll find out the answer.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Wouldn't the easy answer be Jimmy DeCastro?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:40 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
can someone explain what happened?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
Wouldn't the easy answer be Jimmy DeCastro?

Mac clearly meant producers and/or talent.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:59 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen Home Run Inn Pizza
Hard to believe that 100% of a group of people would not like such a likable, outgoing pair.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:04 am 

Spiegel seems like one of those guys you instantly gel with or want to run over. Goff wears a chip so large on his shoulder you'd have to commit to hanging out with him until he decided to take it off and drop the act.

- Dan Bernstein, 2016

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:24 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
HawaiiYou wrote:
can someone explain what happened?

Well, let's see. First the earth cooled. And then the dinosaurs came, but they got too big and fat, so they all died and they turned into oil. And then the Arabs came and they bought Mercedes Benzes. And Prince Charles started wearing all of Lady Di's clothes. I couldn't believe it.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:30 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
And then the Arabs came and they bought Mercedes Benzes.

One of my friends went to SIU in the 70s and they has some big program there with Arabic. An Arab owned the local Coca-Cola bottling plant and the DuQuoin State Fairgrounds. No, that's not why they call it Little Egypt. Anyway, my friend hung out with a bunch of these Arabs. A couple of them were sheiks or emirs, maybe from Dubai. They had money to burn, the best weed, and they always had hot blonde girlfriends. But they drove brand new Trans-Ams and Z-28s.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:57 am 

its entertainment business. the entertainment makes money. not status, not experience, not intelligence, not nothing but whatever makes people want to listen. dont be a doucebag, dont be slimeball. be easy going and funny. people will listen and you will keep your job.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
And then the Arabs came and they bought Mercedes Benzes.

One of my friends went to SIU in the 70s and they has some big program there with Arabic. An Arab owned the local Coca-Cola bottling plant and the DuQuoin State Fairgrounds. No, that's not why they call it Little Egypt. Anyway, my friend hung out with a bunch of these Arabs. A couple of them were sheiks or emirs, maybe from Dubai. They had money to burn, the best weed, and they always had hot blonde girlfriends. But they drove brand new Trans-Ams and Z-28s.

See, they got it. Find yourself an infidel chick to fuck around w/, then when the time comes, marry your virgin Muslim girl. These ones w/ the pent-up sexual frustration haven't realized that & they keep blowing shit up because of it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:51 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I went to graduate school with a guy who was the nephew of a high-ranking Pakistani (Pashtun) General. Similar deal, except he didn't have a car because he lived in Evanston.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
mrgoodkat wrote:
Spiegel seems like one of those guys you instantly gel with or want to run over. Goff wears a chip so large on his shoulder you'd have to commit to hanging out with him until he decided to take it off and drop the act.

I really enjoyed listening to Spiegel over the years, especially when he was with Mac. However, there's got to be something up with this guy: three marriages, multiple radio partners, etc. In his posting shortly after he got fired, he claimed that if we listened to the show we have "heard him." I have my doubts.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:38 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Warren Newson wrote:
mrgoodkat wrote:

I really enjoyed listening to Spiegel over the years, especially when he was with Mac. However, there's got to be something up with this guy: three marriages, multiple radio partners, etc. In his posting shortly after he got fired, he claimed that if we listened to the show we have "heard him." I have my doubts.

Emotional wreck... Dude should lick macs hairy nutz for getting him 5 years at over 125k at the score