It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 8/9: Mac meets Spiegel
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

In transition today at 5:50. Spiegel is hosting 6-10 with Rozner.

Alas, the two enemies meet for the first time since Mac stole his job and his partner.

For those that don't remember, Mac invited Spiegel out to lunch shortly after Spiegel got fired and Spiegel refused like a bitch. During that lunch invite phone call, Spiegel had heated words towards Mac. Spiegel called Mac an "entitled dinosaur" in a facebook column. Spiegel also quit his fantasy league because Mac is in that league. They had been in that league for years. Another bitch move.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:15 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
I am kinda embarrassed that I am looking forward to it as much as I am. But I hope it continues to pave a way for Spiegel to get back on the Score full time.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:18 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
They most likely will skip transition.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:20 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
They most likely will skip transition.

Not according to Twitter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:21 pm 

Last edited by DAC on Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I went to music school with Skip Transition

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:45 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Mac is no puss, Meatpantz is.. I would assume everything is professional.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Whether it be Spiegs or Jurko, a 3 man afternoon show would be a lot of fun.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Rozner..."You've been married three times...you know what its like to lay around and not communicate..."

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:57 pm 

“Is that a crack in your lenses?” “No, it’s probably steam.” :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:06 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:

I may be in the minority here, but I can't/couldn't stand 3-host radio shows, MJH included. There is never enough mic for three egos.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
I think I tuned in a minute or two after transition started, but the first shot I heard was Spiegel saying Parkins looks like Cletus the Slack-Jawed Yokel from The Simpsons.

Minooka Meatball wrote:
I may be in the minority here, but I can't/couldn't stand 3-host radio shows, MJH included. There is never enough mic for three egos.

I agree. MJH was a rare exception because Jurko was too lazy to attempt meaningful contributions 80% of the time, but 3-man booths are bad news for the reason you mentioned.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
:lol: Rozner just said something along the lines of "....we talked about this on Hit and Run. You would have heard it if you didn't quit. That didn't work out too well for you...it worked out well for me."

Spiegel then insisted he didn't quit, which is BS.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

They opened it up joking about this being awkward to break the tension. Let's joke about it so people don't think we hate each other. But, in the end, it was clear that Spiegel still hates Mac. You could tell.

Spiegel quitting hit and run was no big deal. He had a full time show at the time and didn't want to work 6 days a week. No big deal. It did work out for him. He was a full time host for 6 or 7 years after he quit. What didn't work out was a new boss at the SCORE.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tad Queasy wrote:
I think I tuned in a minute or two after transition started, but the first shot I heard was Spiegel saying Parkins looks like Cletus the Slack-Jawed Yokel from The Simpsons.

Minooka Meatball wrote:

I agree. MJH was a rare exception because Jurko was too lazy to attempt meaningful contributions 80% of the time, but 3-man booths are bad news for the reason you mentioned.

Yeah. Jurko never wanted to talk much. Some guys have egos and want to jump in to hear their own voice. Jurko has always been content with just collecting his check. His bosses have yet to figure out he ads nothing after 15 years. Good for Jurko.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:56 pm 

Beardown wrote:
They opened it up joking about this being awkward to break the tension. Let's joke about it so people don't think we hate each other. But, in the end, it was clear that Spiegel still hates Mac. You could tell.

Spiegel quitting hit and run was no big deal. He had a full time show at the time and didn't want to work 6 days a week. No big deal. It did work out for him. He was a full time host for 6 or 7 years after he quit. What didn't work out was a new boss at the SCORE.

Was Mac a gentleman?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Tad Queasy wrote:

That's pretty spot-on, but, mang, Spiegel burning all his wscr bridges.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Anyone catch Spiegel's comments about his son and the feldco commercial.? :lol:
He poked fun at himself. Son's only remembrance of his radio career was the feldco jingle.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:24 pm 

Hussra wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

That's pretty spot-on, but, mang, Spiegel burning all his wscr bridges.

Pic?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:59 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Listened to podcast and I enjoyed the tranny. I thought they called Parkins the guy from Green Acres not Cletus but I may have missed it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:55 am 

Beardown wrote:

It was a big deal as it was endemic of a larger problem with Spiegs.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:36 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Minooka Meatball wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

You have company. 3 Man booth is terrible.
MJH would have been a drastically better show as M&J. Yes...there would have been a need to figure out how to handle content outside of the NFL season, but it could have been done. Every part of Teinowitz on that show was horrible and waste of airtime....except the on-air fight of "Kiss my sack, Mac!"

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:43 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Very boring transition considering the combatants. Would have been great to see them slug it out. Jason Goff's ouster was wonderful, also cutting back on sjw tied in to his disastrous time at the score. But now two bitter enemies have to play nice nice.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:10 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Beardown wrote:
In transition today at 5:50. Spiegel is hosting 6-10 with Rozner.

Alas, the two enemies meet for the first time since Mac stole his job and his partner.

For those that don't remember, Mac invited Spiegel out to lunch shortly after Spiegel got fired and Spiegel refused like a bitch. During that lunch invite phone call, Spiegel had heated words towards Mac. Spiegel called Mac an "entitled dinosaur" in a facebook column. Spiegel also quit his fantasy league because Mac is in that league. They had been in that league for years. Another bitch move.

Isn't Speigs the one quoted "I don't get out of bed for less than 2 Panera Sub's and a bagel?"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:32 am 

vitoscotti wrote:
Very boring transition considering the combatants. Would have been great to see them slug it out. Jason Goff's ouster was wonderful, also cutting back on sjw tied in to his disastrous time at the score. But now two bitter enemies have to play nice nice.

It definitely wasn't that exciting. It is encouraging to hear that Spiegs is going to fill in for Mac in a couple weeks for a few days.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Spiegel is just a little bitch. He never would'e had his 9 year stint on radio without Mac.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:10 am 

On Friday 8/17 m&p had a special guest to talk Cubs. It was Matt speigel! You got to be shittin me? Matt speigel passed off as a Cubs expert? How much lower are they willing to go?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:41 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
On Friday 8/17 m&p had a special guest to talk Cubs. It was Matt speigel! You got to be shittin me? Matt speigel passed off as a Cubs expert? How much lower are they willing to go?

Spiegel was by far the best they have ever had when it came to talking baseball. He was also the best that they have had when it came to basketball as well.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:49 am 

long time guy wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Spiegel was by far the best they have ever had when it came to talking baseball. He was also the best that they have had when it came to basketball as well.

Look at some of the scores and ESPN1000s specific sports experts over the years .Brian Billick, Gary Fencik, Peter Gammons, Mark Derosa, Rick Sutcliffe...

Speigel is just a slob fan with no MLB insight talking to two guys of the same ilk.

Last edited by vitoscotti on Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:50 am 

pizza_Place: Bennys
vitoscotti wrote:
long time guy wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Look at some of the scores and ESPN1000s specific sports experts over the years .Brian Billick, Gary Fencik, Peter Gammons, Mark Derosa, Rick Sutcliffe...

Speigel is just a slob fan with no MLB insight talking to two guys of the sane ilk.

Peter Gammons may be a baseball expert but he is a very tough listen on the radio. Matt Speigel is a very easy listen for me. Just because you are an expert doesnt mean you should be on the radio.