It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1866 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 63  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I would probably call Jorr first. He is so well connected and knowledgeable, very generous. If I had a home related problem, probably Darkside. I have been communicating with WFR the most of late, and I could see going to him for advice. If I needed baseball type of advice (for my son mainly), definitely Keyser or RR.

But that being said, there are a bunch of you guys I have only met once or a few times that I would be more than comfortable reaching out to.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Don Tiny wrote:
denisdman wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Leash is not faking anything, imo

He is pushing very specific buttons and even got after me for not being argumentative. He enjoys needling at people. If I needed help from someone on this board, he would be one of the first five calls I made. And most of you folks are very good individuals despite all our differences and board fights.

BRick is right too in that Trump has brought out a lot of extremes and raw emotions. I have had a few real life people get mad at me for being so anti-Trump.

Who are the other four people you'd call for help?

NAME NAMES!

that would be a good thread....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:55 pm 

denisdman wrote:
I would probably call Jorr first. He is so well connected and knowledgeable, very generous. If I had a home related problem, probably Darkside. I have been communicating with WFR the most of late, and I could see going to him for advice. If I needed baseball type of advice (for my son mainly), definitely Keyser or RR.

But that being said, there are a bunch of you guys I have only met once or a few times that I would be more than comfortable reaching out to.

Better not let Frank know that you will call Keyser for baseball advice. You will be forever blacklisted.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:07 pm 

long time guy wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Better not let Frank know that you will call Keyser for baseball advice. You will be forever blacklisted.

Keyser has given me some great tips and did me a few solids this summer. I am glad I have him as a contact.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:12 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
long time guy wrote:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
FavreFan wrote:
I don't think leash has ever pretended he's something he's not or come across as phony.

Correct, he's 100% all-in as a persecuted upper-class middle aged white male. Sure, he got really really really mad because people made fun of his hillbilly hometown and the rubes still residing there but, look, that's not why he's gone full retard Ben Shapiro.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:55 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
I don't think leash has ever pretended he's something he's not or come across as phony.

Correct, he's 100% all-in as a persecuted upper-class middle aged white male. Sure, he got really really really mad because people made fun of his hillbilly hometown and the rubes still residing there but, look, that's not why he's gone full retard Ben Shapiro.

Isn't leash like 34 or something?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
I think around there. Some comment about when he was still in high school put him in that range.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
tommy wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I'm 31 and have been accused of being middle aged multiple times on here. People have a strange definition of the phrase here.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:02 am 

FavreFan wrote:
tommy wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I'm 31 and have been accused of being middle aged multiple times on here. People have a strange definition of the phrase here.

You guys are old. I'm only 11.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:03 am 

FavreFan wrote:
tommy wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

MANY things are strangely defined on here.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Douchebag wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
tommy wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

You guys are old. I'm only 11.

:lol:

To rock my soul

100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
FavreFan wrote:
tommy wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

You don't have kids yet but I'm sure you have nieces or nephews who think you're as old as dirt. Get used to it Pops!

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

FavreFan wrote:
tommy wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I think they may be making an educated guess.

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
FavreFan wrote:
tommy wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Maybe they know something you don't.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:05 am 

tommy wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

That sounds about right. I wouldn't classify him as upper class and middle aged, but like FF said, you never know with the labeling of people around this place.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:05 am 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
tommy wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Old Timer do you have that old man YMCA game?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:09 am 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
tommy wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I was treading into that territory for the past decade or so but i have been doing a little more hooping as of late and my off the bounce game has strangely returned a little bit. I've been putting dribble moves on dudes lately that are early to mid 90's esque. Shit is scary because i start thinking i'm going to tear something up :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:11 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

You don't have kids yet but I'm sure you have nieces or nephews who think you're as old as dirt. Get used to it Pops!

I remember thinking people in their thirties were old. Best part about kids is you age like a president. The photos taken the summer before my first was born to the summer before my second was born (3 years later) it looked like went from 27-37.

By definition I guess I’m not middle aged but I’m knocking on the door hard enough that I guess I don’t take offense.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:12 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
FavreFan wrote:
tommy wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

"Middle aged white man" in the sense that Kirkwood used it doesn't really have anything to do with age. It's a political term used to cast aspersions on someone because of their immutable characteristics. Although Kirkwood actually shares many of those characteristics with leash, he sees himself in a different light, i.e. his imagined wokeness shields him from his straight white maleness.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:13 am 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I remember thinking people in their thirties were old. Best part about kids is you age like a president. The photos taken the summer before my first was born to the summer before my second was born (3 years later) it looked like went from 27-37.

By definition I guess I’m not middle aged but I’m knocking on the door hard enough that I guess I don’t take offense.

We've been going through our pictures because my children just started school this week. My wife always takes a picture of them together for the first day of school, so we looked back over the years. This is the last year they will be together because my daughter is graduating high school this year.

Honestly, my wife and I look much better now. We both have lost significant weight since our mid-20's. But looking better ain't saying much!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Although Kirkwood actually shares many of those characteristics with leash

You are correct. But you missed the key adjective...
Kirkwood wrote:

Kirkwood does not perceive himself to be persecuted, which is why Kirkwood has a more realistic grasp on his situation.

Kirkwood, as are many here, understands the comfort and safety of his upper middle class white life. Leash believes he has to fight battles to defend his under siege lifestyle daily.

Last edited by IMU on Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:18 am 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

I was treading into that territory for the past decade or so but i have been doing a little more hooping as of late and my off the bounce game has strangely returned a little bit. I've been putting dribble moves on dudes lately that are early to mid 90's esque. Shit is scary because i start thinking i'm going to tear something up :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: That's all pride. I'm sure you wear better shoes so at worst you may twist your ankle.

I was just an okay basketball player but I played defense. I played an older guy at the Y on commercial years ago and had to empty the tank to squeak out a W. I've never disrespected the old man YMCA game since then.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:23 am 

IMU wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Although Kirkwood actually shares many of those characteristics with leash

You are correct. But you missed the key adjective...
Kirkwood wrote:

Kirkwood does not perceive himself to be persecuted, which is why Kirkwood has a more realistic grasp on his situation.

Kirkwood, as are many here, understands the comfort and safety of his upper middle class white life. Leash believes he has to fight battles to defend his under siege lifestyle daily.

I'm not sure if leash is upper-middle-class, but I don't think some people here understand what being upper-middle-class is...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:23 am 
100000 CLUB

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Kids are great but they take a lot from you and out of you. None of them can beat me in a foot race but I may as well be an AARP card carrier. I was old to them before I turned 30.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:36 am 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

:lol: :lol: That's all pride. I'm sure you wear better shoes so at worst you may twist your ankle.

I was just an okay basketball player but I played defense. I played an older guy at the Y on commercial years ago and had to empty the tank to squeak out a W. I've never disrespected the old man YMCA game since then.

At this stage i do it moreso for the cardio. Its crazy because when i was younger i never thought about sports as exercise. It was all about competing and getting better but lately 90- 95% of it is exercise and the other 5-10% of it is about bullshit competition.

I've had a few guys in my age range die from heart attacks in the past couple of years and that shit is scary. It has forced me to take a closer look at the way i do things. Hooping helps with that.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:38 am 

tommy wrote:
I'm not sure if leash is upper-middle-class, but I don't think some people here understand what being upper-middle-class is...

Leash is not. He is probably as middle class as one can get. He has a good job and has the same bills and issues that any young middle class family has,

As someone who worked his way up from a lower middle class, single mother home to upper middle class, I can speak to what it is like then and now. I remember the days of waiting for an income tax refund check just to buy a sofa or having less than $100 in the bank account after paying rent.

Being upper middle class is simply no longer having to worry about bills, ever (if you live debt free/within your means). You don't have to make compromises on anything you want to purchase. You are not living pay check to pay check. You are planning for college and retirement.

It is very different than middle class. It still feels weird especially from someone who made $10.68 at his first job after undergrad.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:46 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Quote:
The sociologists Dennis Gilbert, William Thompson and Joseph Hickey estimate the upper middle class to constitute roughly 15% of the population.. Using the 15% figure one may conclude that the American upper middle class consists, strictly in an income sense, of professionals with personal incomes in excess of $62,500, who commonly reside in households with six-figure incomes.

Upper middle class isn't a tough threshold. It consists of MANY CFMB posters.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:49 am 

denisdman wrote:
tommy wrote:

Leash is not. He is probably as middle class as one can get. He has a good job and has the same bills and issues that any young middle class family has,

As someone who worked his way up from a lower middle class, single mother home to upper middle class, I can speak to what it is like then and now. I remember the days of waiting for an income tax refund check just to buy a sofa or having less than $100 in the bank account after paying rent.

Being upper middle class is simply no longer having to worry about bills, ever (if you live debt free/within your means). You don't have to make compromises on anything you want to purchase. You are not living pay check to pay check. You are planning for college and retirement.

It is very different than middle class. It still feels weird especially from someone who made $10.68 at his first job after undergrad.

Denis, I think you work your pecs too much and your buns (way) too little, you're a splitter when it comes to religion, and I'm still befuddled at your claim that Rob Schneider "made" Home Alone 2, but you are right on this.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:50 am 

IMU wrote:
Quote:
The sociologists Dennis Gilbert, William Thompson and Joseph Hickey estimate the upper middle class to constitute roughly 15% of the population.. Using the 15% figure one may conclude that the American upper middle class consists, strictly in an income sense, of professionals with personal incomes in excess of $62,500, who commonly reside in households with six-figure incomes.

You're out of your mind.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1866 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 63  Next