It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:52 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
I like these guys so far. They're actually interesting and have me listening more than my usual 5 minutes at the score. Very quick witted and smooth talking, good humor unlike herb.
No endless monolouges like parkins jaw flapping and Les killing time talking about yesturyear. They work together so they have a good rapport unlike herron terrorizing Shep.

These guys could have a bright future at the score if they learn from goff's disaster and don't turn angry social warriors when issues pop up.
If they turn out to be sjw then that would be a shame. There's a lot of dead weight at the score ripe with possible openings.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:54 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Storms woke me up, put the Score on, heard two voices I didn't recognize. Apparently they do podcasts and stuff? But two guys having a quick-moving, balanced conversation is a real novelty to a longtime Score listener. No monologues, no sighs.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:30 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
fan of les but this is fine. I'd rather have these guys on then the cbs radio crap.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:33 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Storms woke me up, put the Score on, heard two voices I didn't recognize. Apparently they do podcasts and stuff? But two guys having a quick-moving, balanced conversation is a real novelty to a longtime Score listener. No monologues, no sighs.

Producer Tony Gil harping in is good too. This is the exact opposite of Les's snoozefest. One guys shows can be hard at night. Good thing is these guys just weren't lopped together, they work well, having a history.

The producers have to hate working with Les just trying to keep the ship from sinking.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:50 am 

vitoscotti wrote:
Good thing is these guys just weren't lopped together, they work well, having a history.

I noticed the same thing. You can tell they've been working together for a while, like a classic tag-team. I wonder if more aspiring broadcasters should try that approach to come in as a package deal.

It'll be interesting to see what the Score's plans are for them. The lineup is way too white for the market and I'm sure management knows that. I think there's a place for this style of talk if you're willing to get rid of the throw-producers-airshifts-so-they-don't-quit-their-shitty-jobs model that Mitch has embraced.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:06 am 

I was disappointed they reviewed lowlife M&M's latest album (with his history of lyrics about girlfriend beating.) Very low class move.

Interesting the big radio voice guy said "you've been listening to the D & Davis show". Makes me think they're in the scores future plans. Hope they keep the talk to sports in the future.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:14 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:59 am 

vitoscotti wrote:
Interesting the big radio voice guy said "you've been listening to the D & Davis show". Makes me think they're in the scores future plans.

I thought that too, but point of order, that was Russ, who's local, not Big Voice Guy, who works out of New York and does imaging for WFAN and CBS Sports Radio. However, I did later hear Big Voice Guy do a spot that said "HEY, NOTRA DAME FANS!"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:43 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
I was disappointed they reviewed lowlife M&M's latest album (with his history of lyrics about girlfriend beating.) Very low class move.

Get a load of this triggered SJW. Do you need a safe space?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Douchebag wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Give him some credit, I think it's his first post that he didn't use the letters "sjw" or talk about Trump in.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:11 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Give him some credit, I think it's his first post that he didn't use the letters "sjw" or talk about Trump in.

I take that as a compliment.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:56 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
The show seemed more like a show you'd hear on am1000 rather than the score for some reason. maybe because it sounded very well produced like most of the am 1000 shows are. whereas the score shows are more free wheeling which is not a bad thing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
am 1000 shows always sound like replays. their sound quality is shit.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:45 am 

Filled in for Les Christmas night. Brutally honest about Pax- Shuster love fest, GarPax futility.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:24 am 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Pretty sure I heard a soft N bomb at one point when talking about the dude dying his hair red but I may be mistaken. It was during the last hour. I woke up at 4am on my grandparents couch with a blanket covering me so I collected my dog and drove back in the city.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:55 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
I'm in the minority, I didn't care for them. Pun intended.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:32 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Pretty sure I heard a soft N bomb at one point when talking about the dude dying his hair red but I may be mistaken.

Cool, sounds like the most interesting thing to happen on Score airwaves in months.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:44 pm 

I usually listen to Les, Sirius, podcasts, music at night. But, I listened to most of their show straight through Xmas night it was so entertaining. Interesting on their Bulls honest opinions about a score partner. Refreshing not to hear company line bs ala Mac, speigal, Les and the rest. It will be a must listen to when they talk about crazy Joe, Theo and the Cubs.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:48 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
juicer92000 wrote:
I'm in the minority, I didn't care for them. Pun intended.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:18 am 

Filling in for Les on the 4th night. They're really honest in their Cubs opinions as opposed to Les' "Maybe yes maybe no, your opinion and my opinion don't matter".

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:47 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Your opinion definitely does not matter.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.