It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
I've been listening today and they really haven't talked about anything in the last hour. Just random stuff. Parkins just read a text form someone who said "This is like Seinfeld. A show about nothing.", so I guess I'm not the only one who got that impression.

On the plus side, at least Parkins isn't talking about Mike McCarthy or anything related to Kansas City.

I think Mac has already lost interest in the show. Last week when Parkins couldn't believe no one thought he could beat up Dan Bernstein, Mac said "This is the most interested I've been in the last six months."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Tad Queasy wrote:
I think Mac has already lost interest in the show.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
if this pairing does start to head south, i think parko isnt going to hold much back on air

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
billypootons wrote:
if this pairing does start to head south, i think parko isnt going to hold much back on air

Paving the way to Dan and Dan in the afternoons?

A non-SJW Bernstein would, I think, have potential to be an interesting pairing with Danny Mac. I know MANY will reflexively disregard that thought but I'm just suggesting it wouldn't (always) be as terrible as it perhaps sounds at first blush.

Plus, I wouldn't mind Parkins giving McDoink the business whenever he felt like doing so.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Don't have set pairings in middays and afternoons, just rotate everyone, who cares. No more "Surname & Surname" shows.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Don Tiny wrote:
billypootons wrote:

A non-SJW Bernstein would, I think, have potential to be an interesting pairing with Danny Mac. I know MANY will reflexively disregard that thought but I'm just suggesting it wouldn't (always) be as terrible as it perhaps sounds at first blush.

Plus, I wouldn't mind Parkins giving McDoink the business whenever he felt like doing so.

One of the ideas when this was pitched a lot during the Mac and Spiegs era was that they'd challenge each other or keep each other from getting lazy. After listening to their transitions however, I think it's a lot more likely Mac would simply disengage whenever Bernstein would Bernstein.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:12 pm 

During Can't Do It a caller asked Parkins who at WSCR can't take a joke. Parkins said Can't Do It.

I'm guessing:
1. Laurence
2. Julie
3. Mulligan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Tad Queasy wrote:
During Can't Do It a caller asked Parkins who at WSCR can't take a joke. Parkins said Can't Do It.

I'm guessing:
1. Laurence
2. Julie
3. Mulligan

Spiegel?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:00 pm 

Godfella wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

I'm guessing:
1. Laurence
2. Julie
3. Mulligan

Spiegel?

I think if it were Speigel, or even Mulligan, Parkins porbably would have said so. Leery and Julie seem to escape even good-natured mockery even though they do the most to deserve it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:25 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I don’t think Mac is tiring.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I lose interests in topics regularly... I think all of us do. Few of us are content to express our disinterest by saying nothing. All are okay with that. And I'm okay with somebody else "takin' a lap" if I wanna yak for 6 minutes about Keith Richards or a musky I boated.

As losing interest in the show... hardly. Quite the opposite. I quite loved today's "show about nothing," which included conversations about football, movies, baseball, music, radio insider gossip (which most of you love), basketball, cars, mental health, hockey, fried chicken, weed, Howard Stern, Mitch's black book, jalapeno's and more. Show's going to new levels with that menu. Father & Son Sports Radio. Dig It.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Mac FM wrote:
I lose interests in topics regularly... I think all of us do. Few of us are content to express our disinterest by saying nothing. All are okay with that. And I'm okay with somebody else "takin' a lap" if I wanna yak for 6 minutes about Keith Richards or a musky I boated.

As losing interest in the show... hardly. Quite the opposite. I quite loved today's "show about nothing," which included conversations about football, movies, baseball, music, radio insider gossip (which most of you love), basketball, cars, mental health, hockey, fried chicken, weed, Howard Stern, Mitch's black book, jalapeno's and more. Show's going to new levels with that menu. Father & Son Sports Radio. Dig It.

How would you have answered the "can't take a joke" question?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Mac FM wrote:

Any idea on what the Mac, Jurko, and Harry phone reunion is going to be? Replay any classic segments or just a quick chat?

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:34 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Mac, I caught 45 minutes..not bad. Gotta disagree on your movie picks. St Vincent was an awful movie, lost in translation was almost as lousy. What about Bob sucked fat dick as well. Murray hasn't been in a good flik in 20 years.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Don Tiny wrote:
billypootons wrote:

I think it would be an excellent pairing. McNeil is smart enough to hang with Bernstein and has enough sack to rein him in when he's going down one of his rabbit holes. The only problem is you're taking your two best hosts and your putting them on the same show. After that, what's left? I would rather hear Parkins solo than Parkins and McKnight.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:27 pm 

Mac, if Parkins could blow 1 person in sports, who would it be: Nagy, LBJ, Nick Wright, or Kyle Hendricks?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Mac FM wrote:

Mac you want someone else to talk for 6 minutes about a fish you caught?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Mac...why does the show hardly take calls anymore? Are Tannehill and Shepkowski’s red hot takes (sarcasm implied) circumventing hearing from the fans of the show? Your show has pretty much become a podcast and I don’t know if that is by design. And a suggestion for the suggestion box...if you guys are going to do Who Do You Love...do it right...get the callers involved...minus Bama Brian...if he is still alive and listening.

Last edited by koach klaus on Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:37 pm 

pizza_Place: ....
billypootons wrote:

How'd that stupid fucking scorched earth approach work for J. Hood? :scratch:

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:38 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
I've been listening today and they really haven't talked about anything in the last hour. Just random stuff. Parkins just read a text form someone who said "This is like Seinfeld. A show about nothing.", so I guess I'm not the only one who got that impression.

On the plus side, at least Parkins isn't talking about Mike McCarthy or anything related to Kansas City.

I think Mac has already lost interest in the show. Last week when Parkins couldn't believe no one thought he could beat up Dan Bernstein, Mac said "This is the most interested I've been in the last six months."

Did Bernstein ever respond?

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:49 pm 

Mac, get Steve Dahl to guest on the damn show already.

Just for a day it would be electric.

Why has nobody ever done this at WSCR?

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:07 am 

Panther pislA wrote:

Steve Dahl has literally been dead for about 15 years.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:54 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I got a chance to tune in for over an hour yesterday and it was enjoyable. They don't have to beat a dead horse with the same sports talk
every single day. It's Wednesday and we have no baseball teams in the playoffs. Hockey and basketball haven't started officially yet. It
seemed like a good show about nothing day. Did they ever call anyone out of the black book? I turned it off when the Bobby Vinton name
came up.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:55 am 

T-Bone wrote:
I got a chance to tune in for over an hour yesterday and it was enjoyable. They don't have to beat a dead horse with the same sports talk
every single day. It's Wednesday and we have no baseball teams in the playoffs. Hockey and basketball haven't started officially yet. It
seemed like a good show about nothing day. Did they ever call anyone out of the black book? I turned it off when the Bobby Vinton name
came up.

Oh that is right you don't like the straight old Polish singer/entertainer. You wanted Liberace?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:12 am 

I don't get to listen to day parts as much as I used to but I did have an opportunity yesterday. I think the show is great at blending sports talk with guy talk.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:06 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Panther pislA wrote:

...and he rises from the Dead every July 12th or so, to remind us about Disco Demolition

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
good dolphin wrote:
I don't get to listen to day parts as much as I used to but I did have an opportunity yesterday. I think the show is great at blending sports talk with guy talk.

Guy talk is something that was sorely lacking for several years on this station.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:38 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Panther pislA wrote:

You figure Laurence would have tried for this cuz Dahl is some kind of radio mentor / daddy / etc for him. Hell, at least have him hang out in the studio for an hour during a FULL BOAT *toot toot*

One night I texted in to say that LoHo's "[Caller] is on the score and wants to talk about [topic]" gimmick was annoying and Sir texted back "Steve Dahl does that and I think Steve Dahl knows a LITTLE bit more about radio than you"

Coincidentally, Laurence stopped doing that gimmick somewhat shortly thereafter. I think it's quite possible Steve Dahl texted in the same thoughts =P

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Sarge wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Panther pislA wrote:

...and he rises from the Dead every July 12th or so, to remind us about Disco Demolition

Kinda hard to bring him on since he hosts weekdays at 890 at the same time as the Dannys.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:52 pm 

:lol: