PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:18 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
St. Iganatius has a response for you

so does Loyola

and if you think that's bad, you are lucky seacrest is showing restraint

No anger here.

I was vindicated here, and elsewhere, when the Jesuits at St. Ignatius turned to the Dominicans to save their sinking ship.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:02 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
The Resurrectionists made sure our building was practical so we could have the proper tools to learn how to repair the cars and plumbing for guys who attended St. Ignatius and Fenwick.

And highfalutin dolphin turned his back on this good Polish order to attend school with all the rich swells. At least Seacrest had his lace curtain Irish bona fides in order.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:23 am 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The Resurrectionists made sure our building was practical so we could have the proper tools to learn how to repair the cars and plumbing for guys who attended St. Ignatius and Fenwick.

And highfalutin dolphin turned his back on this good Polish order to attend school with all the rich swells. At least Seacrest had his lace curtain Irish bona fides in order.

I come from a long line of drunken, brawling dustmen. I am strictly shanty Irish.

And Seacrest paid every penny of high school tuition too. :wink: After dad turned down the football scholarship they offered.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Seacrest wrote:

No anger here.

I was vindicated here, and elsewhere, when the Jesuits at St. Ignatius turned to the Dominicans to save their sinking ship.

Can't blame them . That little half-island is full of talent.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I come from a long line of drunken, brawling dustmen. I am strictly shanty Irish.

And Seacrest paid every penny of high school tuition too. :wink: After dad turned down the football scholarship they offered.

All my brothers paid their way through Gordon. it was like $600.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:14 pm 

Telegram Sam wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I'm still a little bitter about having to pay my tuition--$2500 per--but I guess I am proud of it, too, but mostly a little sad that the world has changed so much that a kid can't do this any longer.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:16 pm 
Site Admin

Telegram Sam wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I think $545 my freshman year. Maybe $700 when I was a senior. Pretty cheap for guys who can run a lathe and change a sparkplug. I'm sure you guys learned Hegel's dialectic though.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:25 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I think $545 my freshman year. Maybe $700 when I was a senior. Pretty cheap for guys who can run a lathe and change a sparkplug. I'm sure you guys learned Hegel's dialectic though.

I learned how to bleed brakes in a neighbor's driveway. Where did you learn your Kierkegaard, the streets?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:28 pm 

Telegram Sam wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I learned how to bleed brakes in a neighbor's driveway. Where did you learn your Kierkegaard, the streets?

It worked out for me, I guess, given my interests in the humanities (and men). For instance, my senior year honors lit class was Philosophical Lit, taught by two priests with Ph.D.s. One month on Kierkegaard, one month on Nietzsche, one month on Marx. Also: Old and New Testament literary analysis, Aristotle, and a slew of novels.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:31 pm 
Site Admin

Telegram Sam wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:56 pm 

This thread got funny fast :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:29 pm 

Oh, and dolphin spelled "Ignatius" wrong in the first post. Or added a syllable for effect. I don't know, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. #wolfapack.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:00 am 
Site Admin

Telegram Sam wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

tommy wrote:
It worked out for me, I guess, given my interests in the humanities (and men). For instance, my senior year honors lit class was Philosophical Lit, taught by two priests with Ph.D.s. One month on Kierkegaard, one month on Nietzsche, one month on Marx. Also: Old and New Testament literary analysis, Aristotle, and a slew of novels.

#Aquinas