It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Love
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beatles "Love" at the Mirage in Vegas. Outstanding cirque de soleil show delivered in the finest Vegas glitz tradition of ultra high technology in sound, lighting, set and staging. And for everyone not named Irish Boy, the music is worth the hefty fare by itself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:23 pm 

+1. My wife loved it, too. I don't think there's a bad seat in the house, either. We were in the last row when we went and it didn't take anything away from the experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Baracco's
How was the experience at the window, Coast? Happy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

I only made a few sports bets, coach, and lost them. It wasn't a sports gambling trip. Mostly hung out at the pool, played golf, went to a show, and had a few fabulous meals. It might have been the first time I've ever been to Vegas and did not look at one hand of black jack. It's ok. I was very fat and happy anyway. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:53 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Coast2Coast wrote:
...had a few fabulous meals.

Please elaborate.

I went to Mesa Grill last time I was in town and was very impressed with the spice rubbed pork tenderloin in an ancho chile sauce with sweet potato tamale.

I plan on taking the wife out for an upcoming anniversary and need some additional dining plans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:52 pm 

pizza_Place: The one I make every friday night
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Coast2Coast wrote:
...had a few fabulous meals.

Please elaborate.

I went to Mesa Grill last time I was in town and was very impressed with the spice rubbed pork tenderloin in an ancho chile sauce with sweet potato tamale.

I plan on taking the wife out for an upcoming anniversary and need some additional dining plans.

batista's hole in the wall, litterally a hole in the wall but the food is outstanding.
http://www.battistaslasvegas.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

Stayed at the Palazzo, Doc. Highly recommend it. After all, how many hotels can you stay in that has a Lamborghini dealer as one of the retail stores?

Dined at the Asian and Mexican restos there...Woo and Dos Caminos. But if those don't strike your fancy, the Palazzo also a notable group of name restaurateurs, including Emeril, Osteen, Batali, Puck and Charlie Trotter. Maybe I'll get to some of those next time.

Woo is world class. They call it Pan-Asian with Chinese, Japanese, Philipino, Vietnamese, Korean, Thai influences...often combined in the same dishes. Indescribable combinations of flavors and presentations. No Kung Pao Chicken or Won Ton soup on this menu. Everything was outstanding. I don't "love" Chinese food, but I loved everything here.

Dos Caminos was a very good Mexican resto. I'd put it on a par with my favorite Mex place this side of Mexico City (Rosa Mexicano in DC and NYC). The grilled shrimp and the tuna ceviche were top notch. The margaritas were outstanding, as well. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:10 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Redneck, I'm pretty sure I saw that restaurant when I was riding the Monorail last time.

Thanks Coast, that Asian place sounds interesting - might have to check that out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: The one I make every friday night
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Redneck, I'm pretty sure I saw that restaurant when I was riding the Monorail last time.

Thanks Coast, that Asian place sounds interesting - might have to check that out.

The two times I went there I was really pleased.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

My mom and dad saw "Love" in Vegas. They loved it.