It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Goff to 1000?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:32 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
He's lucky there is so much to talk about this monday. MSU/Michigan scuffle pregame and michigan domination and big 10 take over at least this week as well as OSU getting pimpslapped, give alot of talking points.

Will be interesting to see what tomorrow holds. Can you possibly talk about big 10 football tues/wed/thurs when its obvious you aren't a big 10 football savant until big10 basketball starts in November.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:05 pm 

goff has been pretty solid for hte most part wiht anthony herron on big10 radio. today was the first time i'd really heard him fall back into his political rant seat.

Gundy blamed "liberalism" for some crap which was stupid, and goff did his stutter, let me tell yall something voice for a good 20 minutes about how terrible it is for a coach to spout off politically. i'm like aren't you the same guy that has praised Popovich for his political rants.

but herron did a good job of kind of bringing it to college coaching and that its not liberalism, but players having the same choice a coach has...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

Who the hell listens to Big 10 radio? I mean you have Stern and your local sports radio stations. Why would you choose "Big 10 radio". Who wants to listen to stupid big 10 talk for an entire show. His audience has to be a couple of hundred people. And his listeners are Goff's number one enemy. Dumb ass crackers from small college towns.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

hnd wrote:
goff has been pretty solid for hte most part wiht anthony herron on big10 radio. today was the first time i'd really heard him fall back into his political rant seat.

Gundy blamed "liberalism" for some crap which was stupid, and goff did his stutter, let me tell yall something voice for a good 20 minutes about how terrible it is for a coach to spout off politically. i'm like aren't you the same guy that has praised Popovich for his political rants.

but herron did a good job of kind of bringing it to college coaching and that its not liberalism, but players having the same choice a coach has...

Typical Goff. Talking politics is good if he agrees with them. If he doesn't, then you need to shut your cracker mouth.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:35 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I listen to 1k a lot, I have never heard this stuttering dipshit suburban clown on the air . I'm gonna call this fake news

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:12 am 

Beardown wrote:
Who the hell listens to Big 10 radio? I mean you have Stern and your local sports radio stations. Why would you choose "Big 10 radio". Who wants to listen to stupid big 10 talk for an entire show. His audience has to be a couple of hundred people. And his listeners are Goff's number one enemy. Dumb ass crackers from small college towns.

and this is really the height of their cycle. Imagine the listenership from April through August

This isn't the SEC where the yokels will talk recruiting all off season

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
good dolphin wrote:
This isn't the SEC where the yokels will talk recruiting all off season

Favorite yokels for $100 Alex.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:44 am 

Beardown wrote:

i listen on mondays and fridays. i have no idea what goes on tues - wedn. i mistakently took tuesday for monday given vet day this week.

and i can't imagine big10 radio is going to flourish for basketball or any time next spring and summer.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:47 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I knew he wouldn’t be working there just based on the no console pounding clause in the contracts they makenhe hosts sign .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:06 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Heard Goff on Sirius NBA. First time I've heard him since leaving the score. Actually a interesting round table. He basically just asked a quick question, giving few opinions. It was weird hearing him with a meek voice being generic. Gone is the guard dog mentality, arrogance, and constant anger that was his score calling card.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:39 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
He's doing sports on WGN morning news today.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:44 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Franky T wrote:

Yep ... just saw him now.

Good for him.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:45 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Don Tiny wrote:
Franky T wrote:

Good for him.

Right. Maybe in hindsight getting out of the score will lead him to better things.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:47 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Franky T wrote:

looking good on the live stream

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:52 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
pittmike wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Franky T wrote:

Good for him.

Right. Maybe in hindsight getting out of the score will lead him to better things.

The taint of the score holds MANY down.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:58 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Don’t go to the taint if she mad at you.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: Gigio's in Des Plaines
Way to ruin my morning.

Worst signing since Patrick Elwood.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:40 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Franky T wrote:

Has anyone with so little talent, maturity or self-awareness been needlessly offered opportunities by so many?

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:47 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Franky T wrote:

Has anyone with so little talent, maturity or self-awareness been needlessly offered opportunities by so many?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:55 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Mike North was clearly a more entertaining host than Goff. He also didn't act like he was vastly superior to his callers. Goff does match him on level of education though.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:21 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
The North/Goff similarities are always interesting. Someone is always ready to give each of them an opportunity.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:35 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Don Tiny wrote:
Franky T wrote:

Good for him.

THIS

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Curious Hair wrote:
The North/Goff similarities are always interesting. Someone is always ready to give each of them an opportunity.

Except that one of them built a successful radio show from nothing and had sustained success. The other was handed the keys to a successful show and drove it into the ground.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Seacrest wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Franky T wrote:

Good for him.

THIS

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:28 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Except that one of them built a successful radio show from nothing and had sustained success. The other was handed the keys to a successful show and drove it into the ground.

North drove plenty of shows into the ground, and not necessarily just his own. At least Jason hasn't dragged anyone else down with him.

I might even venture to say that with the rise of Twitter and the attendant insularity of the media class, Jason has been an even more successful self-preservationist than North ever was.

Last edited by Curious Hair on Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

North took a successful station and drove it into the ground when he engineered the lineup switch in September 1999.

His success was greater than Goff's, but so were his sins.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:45 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

North drove plenty of shows into the ground, and not necessarily just his own. At least Jason hasn't dragged anyone else down with him.

I might even venture to say that with the rise of Twitter and the attendant insularity of the media class, Jason has been an even more successful self-preservationist than North ever was.

Didn't North have a lot of side media jobs in his score career and after, like the ousted Goff does now? I remember on his podcast he said his wife handled the finances mostly. She got lucrative stock tips from who I can't remember that payed off big time.

North gave an occasional political opinion, but it wasn't his calling card like Goff. North didn't drive away listeners in droves like Goff did. Goff is a big nothing, compared to North's legacy in Chicago sportsradio.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:51 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
North didn't drive away listeners in droves like Goff did.

Yes he absolutely did. North was losing to Mike and Mike in the Morning by like a 3:1 ratio.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

vitoscotti wrote:

North gave an occasional political opinion, but it wasn't his calling card like Goff. North didn't drive away listeners in droves like Goff did. Goff is a big nothing, compared to North's legacy in Chicago sportsradio.

Umm, North reinvented himself as a political talker with Ann & Fred riding shotgun after his steak-and-a-BJ pairing with Doug failed.

His poorly considered entry into social commentary brought the station into deep crisis.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:07 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Umm, North reinvented himself as a political talker with Ann & Fred riding shotgun after his steak-and-a-BJ pairing with Doug failed.

His poorly considered entry into social commentary brought the station into deep crisis.

From North's last year at the score:

"North also believed the station put out bad information about his ratings. While many disparaged him for losing to ESPN's "Mike and Mike in the Morning," North pointed to being ranked eighth in the city in the morning among men 25-54"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next