It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 708 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:46 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Free Ajent wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
My issues with him were more personal, especially when I was banned for basically no reason for a year.

You and me both

You and me both, buddy :lol:

I think I emailed Nas a message from the grave to post to the board. Nas posted it, and it was deleted in like 30 seconds. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: *
leashyourkids wrote:
Free Ajent wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
My issues with him were more personal, especially when I was banned for basically no reason for a year.

You and me both

You and me both, buddy :lol:

I think I emailed Nas a message from the grave to post to the board. Nas posted it, and it was deleted in like 30 seconds. :lol:

:lol:

I would still post after he banned me. At first he banned my username but then he caught on and did the IP. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to get around that too.

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:09 am 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
There has been a 96% dropoff in gay innuendo under the current regime.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:11 am 

Telegram Sam wrote:
There has been a 96% dropoff in gay innuendo under the current regime.

Do you have a great big cock?

Alone and confused

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:20 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
You've been coming here less since at least 2014 though so I'm not sure it is a new problem for you. You have roughly 2,500 total posts since the start of 2014.

This thread also isn't really about those battles. The politics section being somewhat hidden has helped keep some of that away.

You actually counted? That's fucked up. So, there you go folks. My having a 1.3 post per day average the past 5 years invalidates my opinion as far as Rick is concerned. Not to mention the 20,000++ that have been deleted. I read the board Rick. Just because I have generally have no interest in contributing to the next daily bitchfest, doesn't mean I'm not paying attention to the downward spiral. The tone of the board changed under new management. That is obvious to everyone who has been here for a few years.

This thread is "do you like the board?" A: Not right now and here's why...(NOT VALID, you don't post enough to have a thought on the matter...also, here's my opinion as to why you wrong). I'll think for myself buddy.

The 2nd half, yeah I suppose...but I'll limit my time here (to about 1.3 posts per day).

Discord is more fun anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:28 am 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
You've been coming here less since at least 2014 though so I'm not sure it is a new problem for you. You have roughly 2,500 total posts since the start of 2014.

This thread also isn't really about those battles. The politics section being somewhat hidden has helped keep some of that away.

You actually counted? That's fucked up. So, there you go folks. My having a 1.3 post per day average the past 5 years invalidates my opinion as far as Rick is concerned. Not to mention the 20,000++ that have been deleted. I read the board Rick. Just because I have generally have no interest in contributing to the next daily bitchfest, doesn't mean I'm not paying attention to the downward spiral. The tone of the board changed under new management. That is obvious to everyone who has been here for a few years.

This thread is "do you like the board?" A: Not right now and here's why...(NOT VALID, you don't post enough to have a thought on the matter...also, here's my opinion as to why you wrong). I'll think for myself buddy.

The 2nd half, yeah I suppose...but I'll limit my time here (to about 1.3 posts per day).

Discord is more fun anyway.

Yeah. I counted them one by one.

The point is your posting decline began before the 3 wisemen took over. Putting the blame on them seems unfair. I mean it's a board meme that the board was better two years ago. You may have been one of the people to help start it.

Don't get so angry. It doesn't lead to an enjoyable board experience.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:31 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
I don't fault the wisemen for the change in tone.

It's the community.

JORRNasCrest want to be hands off and let the board police itself. That's what MANY of us wanted in the worst of the BIGFAN era. But what we've found out is that the board can't police itself. Or isn't strong enough to police itself.

Or hell maybe it doesnt need policing and the board content isn't an issue.

Moderating MANY different personalities is a tankless job.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:34 am 
1000 CLUB

Yeah...ya know. Sometimes work promotions and life get in the way of wasting time (and client's money) on a message board.

It's their ship...just sayin'

Maybe the board will be better two years from now.

I appreciate your concern for my well being, but it's unnecessary.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:35 am 

Free Ajent wrote:
long time guy wrote:
This is for the complaining crew Free Ajent. You aren't really one of them

For me, it's pretty simple when it comes to perusing threads around here and it's been like this since I found this fucking hell hole. If I don't care for what the topic is about or I see a couple posters going back and forth on and on and on I just pass over it and find something else or create my own shit. Sure it gets tiresome and I have to waste a few seconds of my life (I've wasted it on dumber shit) but it's not going to ruin my day or bother me in anyway.

I feel the same way. I ignore 99% of the threads on here. I really only post in 2 of the sports thread (NBA/Bulls). Politics (Trump thread) being the other. This notion that he shits ups "all threads" is bullshit. The guys that only seem to care about race never post in either of the sports sections that I post in and the funny thing is that those particular sections never have any race talk. It is just guys talking sports. Even the guys that disagree. You know why? because the guys that post in that section keep it that way. Now contrast the tenor of the discussion whenever the racial guys interject about hoops or for that matter guys like Goff. All of a sudden "wang whipper" "woke" "SJW league" etc all of a sudden begins to enter the conversation. It is not by accident that the DiCaro thread is by far the most talked about thread on here.

Hint: it aint because of her sports thoughts. It exists solely for the purpose of people bashing her social/political views. That thread alone demonstrates where a vast majority of people's interests lie on here. Yet these same people will later turn around and bitch about all of the "Political" talk. It is a facade and the only reason that there isn't as much "discord" in that particular thread is because most of the people posting in it are in agreement about her. If the so-called "Left" or "Liberals" or "SJWs" ever mounted a challenged it would be holy hell in that thread also. The only reason that people are "annoyed" is because the guys that annoy them have different views than they have. The only reason that they advocate for guys to be banned is because the guys that they want to see banned have different views than they have.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:39 am 

Yeah...ya know. Sometimes work promotions and life get in the way of wasting time (and client's money) on a message board.

Well check out Mr Too Good for the message bored guy.
:lol:

Alone and confused

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
long time guy wrote:
Free Ajent wrote:
long time guy wrote:

For me, it's pretty simple when it comes to perusing threads around here and it's been like this since I found this fucking hell hole. If I don't care for what the topic is about or I see a couple posters going back and forth on and on and on I just pass over it and find something else or create my own shit. Sure it gets tiresome and I have to waste a few seconds of my life (I've wasted it on dumber shit) but it's not going to ruin my day or bother me in anyway.

I feel the same way. I ignore 99% of the threads on here. I really only post in 2 of the sports thread (NBA/Bulls). Politics (Trump thread) being the other. This notion that he shits ups "all threads" is bullshit. The guys that only seem to care about race never post in either of the sports sections that I post in and the funny thing is that those particular sections never have any race talk. It is just guys talking sports. Even the guys that disagree. You know why? because the guys that post in that section keep it that way. Now contrast the tenor of the discussion whenever the racial guys interject about hoops or for that matter guys like Goff. All of a sudden "wang whipper" "woke" "SJW league" etc all of a sudden begins to enter the conversation. It is not by accident that the DiCaro thread is by far the most talked about thread on here.

Hint: it aint because of her sports thoughts. It exists solely for the purpose of people bashing her social/political views. That thread alone demonstrates where a vast majority of people's interests lie on here. Yet these same people will later turn around and bitch about all of the "Political" talk. It is a facade and the only reason that there isn't as much "discord" in that particular thread is because most of the people posting in it are in agreement about her. If the so-called "Left" or "Liberals" or "SJWs" ever mounted a challenged it would be holy hell in that thread also. The only reason that people are "annoyed" is because the guys that annoy them have different views than they have. The only reason that they advocate for guys to be banned is because the guys that they want to see banned have different views than they have.

Most liberals on the board think shes mentally ill as well.

Julie Dicaro is the one unifying force for the whole board.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:47 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
There has always been bitching and pissing matches.

I get the feeling the characters doing most of the arguing now are the reason MANY are complaining.

That is all it is. When Fuck Off Frank and Leash were waging their daily wars with BigFan somehow it was all good. I'm quite certain that there were a number of people that they annoyed with the shit yet they forged on anyway. "Betterment" of the board be damned. Conspicuously there were a number of people that dropped off as soon as the switch was made. Do you think they gave a damn? Hell no because as long as the "witch was dead" then the ends justified the means. There were (contrary to popular belief) people that sided with Bigfan in the dispute. A number of them no longer post here because of it in my guesstimation.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:51 am 

It's their ship...just sayin'

Maybe the board will be better two years from now.

I appreciate your concern for my well being, but it's unnecessary.

I understand other things in life get in the way of posting here. You chose to come on here and blame it on the board transfer. I simply pointed out that you started posting here much less far before that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Terry's Peeps wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Free Ajent wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Most liberals on the board think shes mentally ill as well.

Julie Dicaro is the one unifying force for the whole board.

She thought Buster Posey played 2nd base.
She hosts a show on the biggest sports station in the city and constantly screws up her sports thoughts.
She is incredibly thin-skinned when she receives criticism.
She is way left of Bernstein in her political thoughts and constantly portrays herself as a victim.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
The board is fine. Having a politics sections has cleared out a lot of the back and forth b.s. that started driving me away from the board. I do wish we had a "bitching thread" where discussions that have nothing to do with the board and derail a thread can occur (ex. Nas/Darkside in the Stormwatch thread).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:07 pm 

BigFan didnt have to worry as much about racist, bigoted, and anti semitic stuff.

It seems like the current mods have a lot more to deal with. Rakim bless them.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I understand other things in life get in the way of posting here. You chose to come on here and blame it on the board transfer. I simply pointed out that you started posting here much less far before that.

If you understand, then why use it as a point of discussion? I probably started posting even less after the transfer. I don't really know, but I'm sure you can look it up. My initial "role" on the board no longer matters. No board outings to remotes, no band shows to pub, etc...
We can't even set up a bowling event without people bitching about the location when 80% of us live in the suburbs.

I think it has something to do with it, yes. Bigfan policed the board. The 3 don't care to, as much, if at all. Or they are inundated with reports and said "fuck it" a long time ago.

I could be wrong, but that's how I feel about it.

We've spent 11 days on proving valor. makes total sense.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:10 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

I get the feeling the characters doing most of the arguing now are the reason MANY are complaining.

That is all it is. When Fuck Off Frank and Leash were waging their daily wars with BigFan somehow it was all good. I'm quite certain that there were a number of people that they annoyed with the shit yet they forged on anyway. "Betterment" of the board be damned. Conspicuously there were a number of people that dropped off as soon as the switch was made. Do you think they gave a damn? Hell no because as long as the "witch was dead" then the ends justified the means. There were (contrary to popular belief) people that sided with Bigfan in the dispute. A number of them no longer post here because of it in my guesstimation.

Honest question: are you this defensive and fragile in real life?

This conversation isn't about you, and yet every post you have made (which all say the same thing) is about YOU. No one cares that much about you... or any of us. We are all just one person.

Here, you (as usual) have no idea what you're talking about. You lump everyone who had issues with bigfan into one group because you are trying your best to besmirch me at every turn. My relationship with bigfan was nothing like Frank's. I went out of my way not to interact with bigfan, but he didn't allow that. Again, I don't want to piss on the guy's grave, so I'm not getting into the details.

I used to say this to Baby McNown, but he seems to at least be trying... are you aware that you won a poll about having the biggest victim complex on the board? Does that cause any self-reflection? Now, I know, I know - you don't care what anyone thinks of you (yes, you do), but could you please just keep it to yourself every once in awhile? Does it ever occur to you how ridiculous you look making every post about you and calling everyone else fools and hypocrities? I'm embarrassed for you.

And, BTW, I have tried to get along with you over the years because we have some similar interests. I have tried to have conversations with you, I have tried to ignore some of the stuff you say, and I've even tried to consider some of the stuff you say, but you are absolutely impossible. I logged on yesterday just to tweak you with a comment about you being banned, and my single sentence led to pages of you bellowing and whining about how you are treated. I even unblocked you a few days ago in the hope that I could tolerate your crap, but you're just impossible. I can't wait to read your page-long response on how it is everyone else's fault that you come off as an overly sensitive non-stop shit-talker.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

perfect example. :lol:

thanks guys.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:16 pm 

perfect example. :lol:

thanks guys.

Yes, people never argued before on the message board.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:17 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

If you understand, then why use it as a point of discussion? I probably started posting even less after the transfer. I don't really know, but I'm sure you can look it up. My initial "role" on the board no longer matters. No board outings to remotes, no band shows to pub, etc...
We can't even set up a bowling event without people bitching about the location when 80% of us live in the suburbs.

I think it has something to do with it, yes. Bigfan policed the board. The 3 don't care to, as much, if at all. Or they are inundated with reports and said "fuck it" a long time ago.

I believe the three running it now have a philosophy that they don't like to micromanage the board. Is that really that offensive to you?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
ltg, just last week you said you were going to stay out of the petty squabbles and out of the Politics sections. That is NOT censorship. You yourself posted that. And yet here you are making post and post after post doing the same type of thing you are complaining about.

I like how you fail to mention how many posters returned after bigfan was no longer in charge. You certainly post far more outside of the NBA sections now than you ever did under bigfan.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:22 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Honest question: are you this defensive and fragile in real life?

This conversation isn't about you, and yet every post you have made (which all say the same thing) is about YOU. No one cares that much about you... or any of us. We are all just one person.

Here, you (as usual) have no idea what you're talking about. You lump everyone who had issues with bigfan into one group because you are trying your best to besmirch me at every turn. My relationship with bigfan was nothing like Frank's. I went out of my way not to interact with bigfan, but he didn't allow that. Again, I don't want to piss on the guy's grave, so I'm not getting into the details.

I used to say this to Baby McNown, but he seems to at least be trying... are you aware that you won a poll about having the biggest victim complex on the board? Does that cause any self-reflection? Now, I know, I know - you don't care what anyone thinks of you (yes, you do), but could you please just keep it to yourself every once in awhile? Does it ever occur to you how ridiculous you look making every post about you and calling everyone else fools and hypocrities? I'm embarrassed for you.

And, BTW, I have tried to get along with you over the years because we have some similar interests. I have tried to have conversations with you, I have tried to ignore some of the stuff you say, and I've even tried to consider some of the stuff you say, but you are absolutely impossible. I logged on yesterday just to tweak you with a comment about you being banned, and my single sentence led to pages of you bellowing and whining about how you are treated. I even unblocked you a few days ago in the hope that I could tolerate your crap, but you're just impossible. I can't wait to read your page-long response on how it is everyone else's fault that you come off as an overly sensitive non-stop shit-talker.

Do me a favor. Stop with the dimestore psychoanalysis lest you want to be psychoanalyzed. Nothing about what I posted even referenced me. You are the biggest hypocrite and liar since you specifically referenced me in this thread for the purpose of stirring the pot. By McNown "trying" you mean avoiding your bullshit since that seems to be the prerequisite for gaining your condescending acceptance. I don't give a fuck what guys think nor have I ever gave a fuck. If I did I would go out of my way to ingratiate myself to self anointed board hierarchy types such as you.

What I will do and continue to do is speak my mind and attempt to be candid in my thoughts. It rubs clowns like you the wrong way because you are in fact the "fragile" one. You let this place bother you. I don't. Arguing with guys on here doesn't effect me in the slightest. It bothers you and others that would rather I go along your B.S.

For a dude that doesn't seem to care you sure can't seem to get enough of trying to include me in the conversation. Its why you were shitty with PM for not serving you with his drunken rant fix the other day. It is why you had to include me in your bullshit troll post that Pedophile Chas just couldn't wait to bite on.

If you are going to claim to be disinterested then be disinterested. Constantly lying about it and bitching about posting styles even as you transform yourself into mults, include me in signatures, come to the defense of pedophiles, racists, and Useful idiots suggest anything other but that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:28 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
It is the end times.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:30 pm 

I wish you peace and happiness, LTG.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:31 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Why use it as a point of discussion? It's to point out that the 3 wisemen aren't why you post less, which you now seem to have admitted. You were similarly active when bigfan owned the board.

I think you just ultimately moved on from the board being as important to you which is fine. It happens. You just don't need to make some excuse that it is the poor management of the 3 wisemen that caused you to post less, I mean read less.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Well I could've sworn I liked the board.

But then I read this thread.

Thanks for the Boilermaker Blunder, Rick.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Management have confirmed that they have the ability to limit certain posters to certain sections, and have already used it on America previously. Maybe not such a bad thing for some...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:35 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

You know you love it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:35 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

My rant saved the board. They will build statues of me one day.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 708 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 24  Next