It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 708 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
And I disagree with that philosophical decision. I believe it has made the board worse and I believe I post less as a result of it and life stuff. But no, I don't find it offensive.

you can purchase a recycled metal donkey statue on wayfair for $104.99.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:40 pm 

Rick's method of using rhetorical questions as a thread title has backfired and the fall out is still not done.

I hope Rick will be fine, but I dont KNOW that he will.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:41 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
I wish you peace and happiness, LTG.

Trust me I have it. I'm not the person that constantly complains about the place or calls for people to stop posting. I think everyone should have a place here. That includes racist and bigots. If you are going to advocate for differing views then advocate for differing views.
If you want a place that people only agree with you or mildly disagree then simply state it.
For the record I wish you the same as well.

Last edited by long time guy on Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
long time guy wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
I wish you peace and happiness, LTG.

Trust me I have it. I'm not the person that constantly complains about the place or calls for people to stop posting. I think everyone should have a place here. That includes racist and bigots. If you are going to advocate for differing views then advocate for differing views.

For the record I wish you the same as well.

Look at that.

If he can change... and I can change... everybody can change!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Well I could've sworn I liked the board.

But then I read this thread.

Thanks for the Boilermaker Blunder, Rick.
My rant saved the board. They will build statues of me one day.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:50 pm 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
And I disagree with that philosophical decision. I believe it has made the board worse and I believe I post less as a result of it and life stuff. But no, I don't find it offensive.

you can purchase a recycled metal donkey statue on wayfair for $104.99.

Maybe you're right, but I think you may be remembering the past a little idealistically. I also think the moderation you are seeking is a slippery-slope... but IDK... this is the only message board I've ever consistently posted on so I don't have a lot of experience.

I do think that if I were a moderator, I would rather be criticized for what I didn't do than criticized for what I did do.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Apart Pizza
you DIDN"T provide a cohearant thought? So we can critsize you for that!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
I just want to know if the board is ending...

Last edited by Jbi11s on Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

I see what you are saying. If I was a moderator, this place would be crickets....since the bigots and racists would be gone.

:D

yes, i just called all of you bigots and racists....it's a fucking joke Nancy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Tall Midget wrote:
I came for the sports talk but stayed for the spurious jurisprudence.

:lol:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
I don't like the board right now. I haven't for a while due to all the pissing matches. It seems to me that MANY come here just to bitch...and not about sports or sports radio. Not that anyone has noticed, but I come here less and less because of that.

For all of bigfan's faults and craziness running the board, it was a more enjoyable experience then....the last few months of his reign, notwithstanding.

There is an inherent problem with having three bosses as opposed to one, which has been evidenced here recently. Companies are reflections of ownership and management and this place has a D- in my grade book.

I thought all of this increased bickering was attributed to the "Leash Era" by FF circa 2016.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:35 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
I don't like the board right now. I haven't for a while due to all the pissing matches. It seems to me that MANY come here just to bitch...and not about sports or sports radio. Not that anyone has noticed, but I come here less and less because of that.

For all of bigfan's faults and craziness running the board, it was a more enjoyable experience then....the last few months of his reign, notwithstanding.

There is an inherent problem with having three bosses as opposed to one, which has been evidenced here recently. Companies are reflections of ownership and management and this place has a D- in my grade book.

I thought all of this increased bickering was attributed to the "Leash Era" by FF circa 2016.

This will be remembered.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Doug's thoughts are at best incoherent.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
rogers park bryan wrote:
Rick's method of using rhetorical questions as a thread title has backfired and the fall out is still not done.

I hope Rick will be fine, but I dont KNOW that he will.

He's entering a re-building phase.

Did u ever accidentally eat an IUD? What happened? Are you steryl? How did it taste?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:40 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Doug's thoughts are at best incoherent.

Out of nowhere.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

go shove a carrot up your ass.

(did you understand that one veganfan21?)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
go shove a carrot up your ass.

(did you understand that one veganfan21?)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:48 pm 
Great thread today.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:13 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
chaspoppcap wrote:

oh boy,

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:14 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
None of us are making a dime off of the board. It exists to inform and entertain us. It is a diversion from our daily lives. MANY of us have been fortunate enough to meet MANY people who we consider to be a friend.

The Wisemen tried to give everyone the board they claimed they wanted but in return we've gotten constant bitching. "Don't police the board by arbitrarily deleting posts and banning people."That is what MANY said they wanted. We essentially allowed the community to police itself and everyone loved it initially. Within a year MANY were bitching about why we weren't policing them. MANY wanted us to delete/edit posts and ban people. Then they complained about what posts were deleted/edited. MANY complained about the politics section ruining the board because it dominated the "View Active Topics". We removed the politics section from active topics and I moved literally every thread that I thought would be considered political to the politics section. That didn't help. MANY of the same people complaining about political posts found their way to the politics section and others found other reasons to bitch about the board.

We're talking about over 100+ men (and Spaulding) who are 30+ years old. This shouldn't feel like you are dealing with 100+ 6 year olds.

Going forward JORR and Crest are going to continue performing a thankless job and do whatever they believe is best for the community. I'm sure every decision won't be popular with everyone. It would be really great if MANY acted like they're 30+ years old and want this place they've visited daily for MANY years to continue to exist for MANY more years. That doesn't mean holding hands and singing kumbaya. It just means dialing back some of the nonsense. Every disagreement isn't life or death.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
chaspoppcap wrote:

You really lack self awareness, don’t you?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Nas wrote:
None of us are making a dime off of the board. It exists to inform and entertain us. It is a diversion from our daily lives. MANY of us have been fortunate enough to meet MANY people who we consider to be a friend.

The Wisemen tried to give everyone the board they claimed they wanted but in return we've gotten constant bitching. "Don't police the board by arbitrarily deleting posts and banning people."That is what MANY said they wanted. We essentially allowed the community to police itself and everyone loved it initially. Within a year MANY were bitching about why we weren't policing them. MANY wanted us to delete/edit posts and ban people. Then they complained about what posts were deleted/edited. MANY complained about the politics section ruining the board because it dominated the "View Active Topics". We removed the politics section from active topics and I moved literally every thread that I thought would be considered political to the politics section. That didn't help. MANY of the same people complaining about political posts found their way to the politics section and others found other reasons to bitch about the board.

We're talking about over 100+ men (and Spaulding) who are 30+ years old. This shouldn't feel like you are dealing with 100+ 6 year olds.

Going forward JORR and Crest are going to continue performing a thankless job and do whatever they believe is best for the community. I'm sure every decision won't be popular with everyone. It would be really great if MANY acted like they're 30+ years old and want this place they've visited daily for MANY years to continue to exist for MANY more years. That doesn't mean holding hands and singing kumbaya. It just means dialing back some of the nonsense. Every disagreement isn't life or death.

Moving the politics section was the best thing you guys have done.

You really gonna let Darko get under your skin?

Last edited by Jbi11s on Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Jgoodbills

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:24 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
lots of quote function abuse today

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:24 pm 

Nas wrote:

You could've just said "What Peeps said."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:25 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
lots of quote function abuse today

Definitely need a registry.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Jbi11s wrote:
Nas wrote:

Going forward JORR and Crest are going to continue performing a thankless job and do whatever they believe is best for the community. I'm sure every decision won't be popular with everyone. It would be really great if MANY acted like they're 30+ years old and want this place they've visited daily for MANY years to continue to exist for MANY more years. That doesn't mean holding hands and singing kumbaya. It just means dialing back some of the nonsense. Every disagreement isn't life or death.[/quote

Moving the politics section was the beat thing you guys have done.

You really gonna let Darko get under your skin

Darkside had NOTHING to do with it. It's something that I had been considering for a while and I made the Wisemen an offer they tried to refuse. It's best for the board and for me. They both do a helluva job.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:28 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:

What are the odds that you are the only person on here to literally be "judged to be a piece of shit"? As we like to say, "I will take that action".

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:28 pm 

Nas wrote:

The Wisemen tried to give everyone the board they claimed they wanted but in return we've gotten constant bitching. "Don't police the board by arbitrarily deleting posts and banning people."That is what MANY said they wanted. We essentially allowed the community to police itself and everyone loved it initially. Within a year MANY were bitching about why we weren't policing them.

I think MANY of us underestimated the amount of racism, anti semitism and general fucked up shit that would pop up with a police yourselves system. I certainly did. Sorry about that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 708 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 24  Next