It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 708 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:25 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Caller Bob wrote:
If the post was still around, then the Court of CFMB Opinion could certainly put me on trial. But it isn't. Again, I'm not one who posted it, nor deleted it. So be mad at someone else.

Okay, maybe RPB was right and someone is going to get banned. The Hawk was just put on trial in a way no one else in board history ever has been. He's not going to go through that again just a week later.

So I'm going to ask you one more time to admit that he didn't say what you claimed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:28 pm 

long time guy wrote:

The Mad Rapper still cracks me up after all these years. He was thirsty as hell. And he was a hater.

It was rumored to be Common at one point I think.

Which is funny with how Common has progressed since then into the mainstream.

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
If the post was still around, then the Court of CFMB Opinion could certainly put me on trial. But it isn't. Again, I'm not one who posted it, nor deleted it. So be mad at someone else.

Okay, maybe RPB was right and someone is going to get banned. The Hawk was just put on trial in a way no one else in board history ever has been. He's not going to go through that again just a week later.

So I'm going to ask you one more time to admit that he didn't say what you claimed.

Ah the old "Push me publicly so I can ban you" move. Worked on America. Let's see if Bob takes the bait.

Last edited by ToxicMasculinity on Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rogers park bryan wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
The Hawk is a 70-year-old man?

Most people think he is.

A 70 year old man from CA, who only posts right wing political stuff on a Chicago sports website. But he’s a net positive poster.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:29 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

The Hawk chose to go on trial. Many people have been accused of lying and just brushed it off.

But yea, he didnt say the N word. No one here even thinks that if they are reading the thread.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:31 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
If I had to hazard a guess, The Hawk's post was deleted because it was offensive against African Americans. Much like calling Khalil Mack a gorilla.

Now you're lying again. He never called Mack a gorilla. He said he moved like a gorilla or something like that. Sure, I understand why such usage isn't advisable, but I'm not gonna call a 70 year old man a klansman because he made the mistake of using an unfortunate metaphor.

Is that why you feel like it's okay to lie about him? Because you think you can raise a micromob to scream "RACIST!!!!"?

Either way, you can't say that. Hell it wasn't cool to say that 30 years ago, ask Howard Cosell.

The faux outrage coming from you is not credible though. If others have a legit gripe with it, then let them say so.

Many have made those unfortuate metaphors before and usually it is an innocent mistake with no intent to offend. People make animal metaphors all the time.

You're correct. Particularly when it comes to sports. We (people i know) often use the term "Beast" when describing athletes. Guys i know that used to bet money during the drug dealer games of the 80's and 90's would often state that certain guys were their ""Horse" meaning that this was the guy that they would bet it all on.

Unfortunately if a white person used similar language to describe that same person it wouldn't be taken in the same way. I often thought that it was unfair but there is such a thing known as "racial sensitivity". I think everyone needs to be mindful of it. Not just here but in the "real world" also.

Last edited by long time guy on Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:32 pm 
Site Admin

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Ah the old "Push me publicly so I can ban you" move. Worked on America. Let's see if Bob takes the bait.

He's already pushed me.

How about if I create a mult to post lies about you? Do you think that would be okay?

We can let the CFMB court of public opinion address that one.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:32 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

vitoscotti is doing well so far.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Baby McNown wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Most people think he is.

A 70 year old man from CA, who only posts right wing political stuff on a Chicago sports website. But he’s a net positive poster.

:lol: You are arguably the biggest turd on the board and add nothing.

-Hank Kingsley

Last edited by Furious Styles on Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

He's already pushed me.

How about if I create a mult to post lies about you? Do you think that would be okay?

Are you saying I made the JORR mults or Bob? I'm not being a smartass, just need some clarification

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:45 pm 
Site Admin

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

He's already pushed me.

Are you saying I made the JORR mults or Bob? I'm not being a smartass, just need some clarification

I'm saying Bob is just some anonymous guy with no accountability. So pretty much no different than a mult. Now, he doesn't have to share his identity. It's fine to be anonymous on this board. I'm just getting tired of asking him nicely not to do stuff.

And as I've said multiple times, he knows the guy never said what he claims but he's purposely leaving it out there because he thinks it's cute and because it's a guy he thinks he can do that shit to and get away with it. It's weak.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:48 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
It kind of sucks that this is how you are choosing to spend your birthday, e-bullying me over stupid shit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:48 pm 
Site Admin

Caller Bob wrote:
It kind of sucks that this is how you are choosing to spend your birthday, e-bullying me over stupid shit.

:lol: I don't mind, Bob, but thanks for thinking of me.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:55 pm 
Site Admin

Caller Bob wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:56 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
denisdman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Someone found "The Hawk's" comments about African Americans offensive enough to be deleted. That's why I would advice against over moderation in many aspects. Then we could have the community judge me. I didn't delete the post. You say you're looking for someone who's never weak but always strong, to gather flowers constantly whether you are right or wrong, someone to open each and every door, but it ain't me, babe, huh? No, no, no, it ain't me, babe. It ain't me you're looking for, babe. You follow?

You knew he didn't use the n-word after Seacrest deleted the post and you kept insisting he did because you're a person of low character. And now you're being defended by the two worst people on the board.

Bob used to be fun and lovable in a dumb sibling kind of way. Now he just an agitator with no real purpose other than being a tool.

Like Bmac but he was never fun. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
long time guy wrote:
You're correct. Particularly when it comes to sports. We (people i know) often use the term "Beast" when describing athletes. Guys i know that used to bet money during the drug dealer games of the 80's and 90's would often state that certain guys were their ""Horse" meaning that this was the guy that they would bet it all on.

Unfortunately if a white person used similar language to describe that same person it wouldn't be taken in the same way. I often thought that it was unfair but there is such a thing known as "racial sensitivity". I think everyone needs to be mindful of it. Not just here but in the "real world" also.

Chris Evert's been using "scary" to describe both Venus and Serena for years but not for other players. Was watching a Serena match at the recent Aussie Open and Evert again dropped scary several times in the 3rd set to describe Serena's play. Maybe someone at ESPN could send her a link to "intimidating" or a more sports-focused term. I like that Naomi Osaka, half-japanese, half african-american; dunno why she was plus-money in the finals when she was the lower/better seed but parlaying her with Djokovic in the AO final worked out well.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
rogers park bryan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Nice thread Rick. It's really working well! :roll:

Cold enough for ya'?

It's the wind that gets ya

I reckon I'd hate to have to rustle cattle in weather like this like The Virginian or The Inebriated Rodent.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:07 pm 
Furious Styles wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Most people think he is.

:lol: You are arguably the biggest turd on the board and add nothing.

Deflect deflect deflect. It’s all you fuckers can do.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:09 pm 
pittmike wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Someone found "The Hawk's" comments about African Americans offensive enough to be deleted. That's why I would advice against over moderation in many aspects. Then we could have the community judge me. I didn't delete the post. You say you're looking for someone who's never weak but always strong, to gather flowers constantly whether you are right or wrong, someone to open each and every door, but it ain't me, babe, huh? No, no, no, it ain't me, babe. It ain't me you're looking for, babe. You follow?

You knew he didn't use the n-word after Seacrest deleted the post and you kept insisting he did because you're a person of low character. And now you're being defended by the two worst people on the board.

Bob used to be fun and lovable in a dumb sibling kind of way. Now he just an agitator with no real purpose other than being a tool.

Like Bmac but he was never fun. :lol:

Oh how wrong you are Mike.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:11 pm 

Board is dying. Anyone have a good chicago sports topic discord link? I keep coming here out of habit and hoping the egos get tired of the same old shit posting. It is worst then ever and I don't see it getting better with the mods acting like PETA at a pig roast.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:12 pm 
Site Admin

Moderate more!
Stop moderating!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
leashyourkids wrote:
IMU wrote:
• I don't think you own the right to allow or disallow people to form opinions on you based on what you say. Maybe you forgot to fight for that right.

Busting balls is fine, but your mocking of a war veteran's service is reprehensible.

**Unproven service.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:21 pm 
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Moderate more!
Stop moderating!

Or you could quit being a fucking baby. It's really simple. You've read all the posts of people bitching about Bigfan trying to control the conversations and being all over the place in what was deemed acceptable. When the 3 Wisemen took over I had no hesitation in saying that you would be the first one to let this go to your head and become Bigfan. Thanks for proving me right. Now how about growing up?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:56 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Moderate more!
Stop moderating!

A good moderator has thick skin. The things you guys are getting upset about is petty. NAS because someone said he deleted a post. You fighting with Caller Bob over mults that no one ever takes seriously. Seacrest is the only one acting normal.

No one wants to login and read this petty jr. high drama. Should have a couple simple rules. No racism, personal attacks and respect everyones privacy. Everything else we can self police.

Not sure what you are expecting from a social media message board. We roast radio hosts and sports personalities all the time and most can't defend themselves. It is the base of what this board was created to discuss. An outlet to express our frustration, joy in the victories and the agony of defeat. If you rely on this board for personal self worth, then you have larger issues then what someone says about you on a public message board.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
tommy wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Nice thread Rick. It's really working well! :roll:

Cold enough for ya'?

It's the wind that gets ya

I reckon I'd hate to have to rustle cattle in weather like this like The Virginian or The Inebriated Rodent.

It’s a dry cold.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Baby McNown wrote:
Now how about growing up?

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Juiced wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Moderate more!
Stop moderating!

A good moderator has thick skin. The things you guys are getting upset about is petty. NAS because someone said he deleted a post. You fighting with Caller Bob over mults that no one ever takes seriously. Seacrest is the only one acting normal.

No one wants to login and read this petty jr. high drama. Should have a couple simple rules. No racism, personal attacks and respect everyones privacy. Everything else we can self police.

Not sure what you are expecting from a social media message board. We roast radio hosts and sports personalities all the time and most can't defend themselves. It is the base of what this board was created to discuss. An outlet to express our frustration, joy in the victories and the agony of defeat. If you rely on this board for personal self worth, then you have larger issues then what someone says about you on a public message board.

Everyone wants to read the drama.

That's why these threads are routinely the most popular.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:10 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Juiced wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Moderate more!
Stop moderating!

Everyone wants the last word and to be declared the "winner". Sad what this place has become.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:13 pm 
Site Admin

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Juiced wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Moderate more!
Stop moderating!

Thank you Juiced.

PM me where you want the check sent.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:13 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Nobody is right, if everybody is wrong.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 708 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24  Next