It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 708 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:05 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
So you guys are bigfans of arbitrary bannings?

If it is Bmac, you and a couple more yes.

Your schtick is getting wasted and making threads about LTG banning people, and you want to call for bmac to be bamned for following people around.

El
Oh
El

You are a little wet behind the ears.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
That first banning was a typo. But you do harass and stalk ltg. I don't find it cute

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:18 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
So JORR banned Baby Mac because he doesn't like him?

The foe list doesn't work anymore?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:23 pm 

pizza_Place: *
Peoria Matt wrote:

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:26 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
That first banning was a typo. But you do harass and stalk ltg. I don't find it cute

Nope he received payback for past transgressions.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:27 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Peoria Matt wrote:

It's JORR's birthday.

Be respectful.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:35 pm 

pittmike wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:

Slow down lest i be accused of "shitting up the board". All the stalking did was exposed you as a drunken idiot. I hardly call it payback.

In fact you had the same crew that always runs around defending bullshit asking me to lay off as if i was treating you unfairly.. Some payback.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:01 pm 

long time guy wrote:
pittmike wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:

Slow down lest i be accused of "shitting up the board". All the stalking did was exposed you as a drunken idiot. I hardly call it payback.

In fact you had the same crew that always runs around defending bullshit asking me to lay off as if i was treating you unfairly.. Some payback.

Have a good evening.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:24 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Peoria Matt wrote:

If you miss him he's in Facebook chat and he's very nice there.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:25 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

The CFMB equivalent of "a business can deplatform whoever they dont like, if you dont like it build your own internet"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:27 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
ToxicMasculinity wrote:

LTG will mop the floor with this drunk scientist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

I’m sure McHalfwit speaks highly of me in the FB chat. Unlike everyone else, apparently.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Peoria Matt wrote:

Consider it a birthday present to himself.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
denisdman wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Baby you said a lot there. I agree with you on the role playing comment. I said that a few months back that people are often different on the board than in person. But many around here said they are basically the same.

I guess I'm naive but I don't understand the role playing mentality. Whether you're arguing sports, politics, or airport dress codes it seems like a waste of time for all involved if there's not some degree of authenticity in the participants POV.

Just as evidence to my point, Jorr even says Bmac is completely different in FB chat. JLN is absolutely different in person. I don’t understand it either. I am just commenting on it.
if I may, we never really disagreed or had an argument in person. If we did I'm sure you'd hear a lot of my sarcasm and inflection and find it familiar to my typing here. Not really sure how I'm supposed to be the same in person as I am on the board when LTG isn't at Eviva calling me a racist, you know?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:47 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
GoldenJet wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

That's gay AF.. if you don't like somebody to the point of wantiythem banned..ignore em.. if youre too weak minded to not read their posts.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:50 pm 
Site Admin

312player wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

That's gay AF.. if you don't like somebody to the point of wantiythem banned..ignore em.. if youre too weak minded to not read their posts.

I never read his posts unless they were quoted. He thought there was something wrong with the board. I concurred and moved to fix it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
The board is a better place right now than it was 12 hours ago.

I guess you can add by subtracting.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:37 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Baby you said a lot there. I agree with you on the role playing comment. I said that a few months back that people are often different on the board than in person. But many around here said they are basically the same.

I guess I'm naive but I don't understand the role playing mentality. Whether you're arguing sports, politics, or airport dress codes it seems like a waste of time for all involved if there's not some degree of authenticity in the participants POV.

Just as evidence to my point, Jorr even says Bmac is completely different in FB chat. JLN is absolutely different in person. I don’t understand it either. I am just commenting on it.
if I may, we never really disagreed or had an argument in person. If we did I'm sure you'd hear a lot of my sarcasm and inflection and find it familiar to my typing here. Not really sure how I'm supposed to be the same in person as I am on the board when LTG isn't at Eviva calling me a racist, you know?

Here is the point. (Always seemingly needs to be explained for some reason to you)..Would you be badgering FF in person demanding that he pay "The Hawk " his money and referring to him as a shit stain if he didn't ?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:43 pm 

long time guy wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Here is the point. (Always seemingly needs to be explained for some reason to you)..Would you be badgering FF in person demanding that he pay "The Hawk " his money and referring to him as a shit stain if he didn't ?

Would you try to insult my intelligence in person like you just tried to do here? Please do.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:45 pm 

long time guy wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Would you try to insult my intelligence in person like you just tried to do here? Please do.

Oh yeah I would..I would explain it just like that. I had to reread it. Everything that i have ever said to you on this board I would say to your face. Its why i never attend those outings. I know that i wouldn't be able to fake my way through it with some of the people on here.

I doubt that you would repeatedly badger the guy about paying someone else their money too.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:27 am 

JLN is fearful of the new regime. Already lining up to lick boot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:31 am 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
How?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:15 am 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
How?

Sorry I meant Oogie. Mind was on you and the ltg stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:24 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Baby Mac brings very little to the board but we are approaching BigFan status here.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:32 am 

312player wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:

LTG will mop the floor with this drunk scientist

Well I never saw him so can’t really comment on that. 100% certain though neither of us can beat our wives as well as you though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:15 am 
Site Admin

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Baby Mac brings very little to the board but we are approaching BigFan status here.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

No, we aren't. And there is no "new regime".

This is going to be the last I'll say about this. If anyone thinks I'm a petty dictator, I can live with that. Because I know I am not.

Sure, I didn't like McNown. At least I didn't like the character he played here. (The character he played when I met him in person and the one he plays on Facebook are perfectly fine.) Obviously my dislike for McNown played some part in my decision.

But this isn't a matter of me being thin-skinned. I don't mind being insulted within the context of a conversation. But with this guy, I had him on ignore for months and he was still insulting me out of the blue all the time. I could see it in quotes. I've had heated exchanges with many people here, sometimes in political discussions. Zeph comes to mind. He's a smart guy and hard to argue with. That's frustrating as hell. I feel like he has insulted me, but truth be told it was probably more the other way around. In any case, it has never once crossed my mind to delete his account. I respect him and his contributions to the board and I hope he feels the same about me. So please don't act like I'm running around the board looking for someone to axe. Caller Bob did something that I consider beyond the pale and I never considered banning him.

The real reason I did what I did can be found in McNown's own final post:

Baby McNown wrote:
This is the board that you want. This is the board that you let happen. If you want this palce to come back then turn the ship the fuck around. Ban the political talk.

So, I decided to take his advice. I don't think it's practical or even possible to ban political talk. But I was capable of banning the worst purveyor of it. And that's exactly what I did.

For anyone who wants to respond to that with a "what about...", there is no what about. There is no one else here who consistently just went around the board sneering and insulting without ever making any argument. Sure there are others who sneer and insult, including yours truly on occasion, but there was no one who did nothing else. You can howl about Cheap Charlie all you want, but he rarely insults anyone. He just posts nuggets of "wisdom" like some retarded Lord Chesterfield. And LTG and pittmike may go at it tooth and nail, but there is some content between the calls of "old drunken goat" and "damn stupid race baiter".

So I guess we'll see if this makes the board better than it was two days ago. I know where I'm putting my money.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:19 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

No, we aren't. And there is no "new regime".

This is going to be the last I'll say about this. If anyone thinks I'm a petty dictator, I can live with that. Because I know I am not.

Sure, I didn't like McNown. At least I didn't like the character he played here. (The character he played when I met him in person and the one he plays on Facebook are perfectly fine.) Obviously my dislike for McNown played some part in my decision.

But this isn't a matter of me being thin-skinned. I don't mind being insulted within the context of a conversation. But with this guy, I had him on ignore for months and he was still insulting me out of the blue all the time. I could see it in quotes. I've had heated exchanges with many people here, sometimes in political discussions. Zeph comes to mind. He's a smart guy and hard to argue with. That's frustrating as hell. I feel like he has insulted me, but truth be told it was probably more the other way around. In any case, it has never once crossed my mind to delete his account. I respect him and his contributions to the board and I hope he feels the same about me. So please don't act like I'm running around the board looking for someone to axe. Caller Bob did something that I consider beyond the pale and I never considered banning him.

The real reason I did what I did can be found in McNown's own final post:

Baby McNown wrote:
This is the board that you want. This is the board that you let happen. If you want this palce to come back then turn the ship the fuck around. Ban the political talk.

So, I decided to take his advice. I don't think it's practical or even possible to ban political talk. But I was capable of banning the worst purveyor of it. And that's exactly what I did.

For anyone who wants to respond to that with a "what about...", there is no what about. There is no one else here who consistently just went around the board sneering and insulting without ever making any argument. Sure there are others who sneer and insult, including yours truly on occasion, but there was no one who did nothing else. You can howl about Cheap Charlie all you want, but he rarely insults anyone. He just posts nuggets of "wisdom" like some retarded Lord Chesterfield. And LTG and pittmike may go at it tooth and nail, but there is some content between the calls of "old drunken goat" and "damn stupid race baiter".

So I guess we'll see if this makes the board better than it was two days ago. I know where I'm putting my money.

Thanks Stalin.

Who is next comrade to go?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:29 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Love me some Animal Farm.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:30 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
You may not be a thin skinned, petty dictator, but the banning sure looks like a thin skinned, petty dictatorial move.

Shit, you don't even see most of his posts.

But hey, it's your dime and your dance floor, so do what you want.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:32 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Jorr, spot on about Zeph. That poster always makes well thought arguments. I’d need to start reading the Economist again to even come close in matching wits with him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 708 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 24  Next