It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: Netflix Thread
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
(((Parties)))

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
FavreFan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Not sure what you all saw in Russian Doll. I made it to somewhere towards the middle/end of episode 3 last night and gave up. A few good jokes but mostly boring imo.

I love the concept of being caught in a loop of life. I've sometimes wondered if we dont occasionally loop back in time and thats why we have deja vu. Just unlike this show or Groundhog Day, we dont remember that we've done it. The deja vu is our subconscious mind trying to let us know what has happened.

I like the concept. Just didn’t find the show entertaining.

So the wife insisted we start this one tonight, and so far, I’m pretty much right there with FF, but we’re up to Ep 5, and each episode had just enough of a hook to keep us tepidly interested. Along the way, there have been some pretty neat subtle visual clues that may all tie in when it ends, so we’re gonna stick it out.

My biggest problem with the show is Lyonne - she plays the character WAY too broadly, and comes across as really, really schticky, irritating, and completely unsympathetic. I think that character should have at least been played and written as someone you have a little bit of rooting interest in, but frankly I don’t really care about her one way or the other.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:07 am 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
Watching Ep. 1 of Abducted In Plain Sight as I type this and I can hardly get my jaw off the floor.
:shock: :shock: :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:11 am 

shirtless driver wrote:
Watching Ep. 1 of Abducted In Plain Sight as I type this and I can hardly get my jaw off the floor.

Heard about this one last week and was thoroughly disgusted by the story. Many are just sick.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:38 am 

Her parents were criminally fucking useless.
And I guess it's just a doc, not a series. I hope it's almost over....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Spent the past few days binge watching Umbrella Academy.

Pretty enjoyable.

Helluva five head on Ellen Page.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:14 am 

GoldenJet wrote:
Spent the past few days binge watching Umbrella Academy.

Pretty enjoyable.

Helluva five head on Ellen Page.

I noticed on her appearance on Fallon that it has gotten much bigger. She is going bald from the front. That sucks for a woman.

I went to The Trailer Park Boys live show around Christmas. We got invited backstage after the show. I asked Julian about her. He didn't seem like he wanted to talk about her, just said "she was too good for the show".

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I'm late on this one but I'm almost done with season 2 of Broadchurch and it's excellent.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
FavreFan wrote:
I'm late on this one but I'm almost done with season 2 of Broadchurch and it's excellent.

yep, just one of many great BBC shows on Netflix, all 6 episodes long.

Happy Valley
Body Guard

Both really good.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:53 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
shakes wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Happy Valley
Body Guard

Both really good.

Broadchurch is 8 but yeah I like this and Bodyguard. May check out Happy Valley next. I thought Broadchurch sounded kinda boring which is why I just recently gave it a shot.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:15 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
shakes wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Happy Valley
Body Guard

Both really good.

Broadchurch is 8 but yeah I like this and Bodyguard. May check out Happy Valley next. I thought Broadchurch sounded kinda boring which is why I just recently gave it a shot.

Happy Valley is 2 seasons, maybe 3. Fantastic show, every bit as good as Broadchurch.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
For anyone wanting to take a trip down memory lane, Netflix has the 90s and 2000s series done by CNN. I think they are eight episodes each.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:56 pm 

Anyone seen Schitt's Creek? It's a Canadian sit com starring Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara. There's 4 seasons of it on Netflix. Started watching it, I'm 4-5 eps in and it's starting to really grow on me. Also has Chris Elliot. It's about a ultra rich family who gets all their money stolen by a crooked manager. The only asset they have is the town of Schitt Creek, a place that Eugene bought years prior as a joke cause of the name. So they move there.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
I clicked on Sex Education figuring it would be really bad, but maybe offer some edge-of-soft-core shots that a father with wife and kids around the house has no room for. Was rewarded with some full frontage teen sex at a British-accent academy ripped from Harry Potter. I don't get too deep into shows usually, but I did notice some similarities to that Wallflower movie of a few years ago.

And for you X-Files fans, the Mom in the show is played by Gillian Anderson. While no longer a red head, she's even better, oh yeah.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
FavreFan wrote:

I’m also just getting on board with this. Loved season one and thought season two was gonna be bad and I might have liked it more. I was so pissed at the Defense attorney. What a great acting job. Season 3 seems good so far.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Umbrella Academy was great other than the Ellen Page casting. She’s a horrendous actress and ruins about every scene she’s in.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:12 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
shakes wrote:
Anyone seen Schitt's Creek? It's a Canadian sit com starring Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara. There's 4 seasons of it on Netflix. Started watching it, I'm 4-5 eps in and it's starting to really grow on me. Also has Chris Elliot. It's about a ultra rich family who gets all their money stolen by a crooked manager. The only asset they have is the town of Schitt Creek, a place that Eugene bought years prior as a joke cause of the name. So they move there.

Tried watching that a while back. After two episodes I didn't find it to be particularly funny, and I really like the cast in their past work.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:06 am 

T-Bone wrote:
shakes wrote:

Tried watching that a while back. After two episodes I didn't find it to be particularly funny, and I really like the cast in their past work.

it picks up a bit after that.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
After Life is a nice easy watch from Ricky Gervais. His wife dies and he decides to not conform to societal norms and just be an asshole.

6 episodes so it goes by quick.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:12 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Hank Scorpio wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I’m also just getting on board with this. Loved season one and thought season two was gonna be bad and I might have liked it more. I was so pissed at the Defense attorney. What a great acting job. Season 3 seems good so far.

S01 was a nice whodunnit. Virtually throughout, I thought it was Plumber's Helper. Haven't started 2 yet.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Read a nice little article today about how series are being broken apart among the various streaming services. Forceing you to subscribe to more than just say Netflix or Prime,it makes sense.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:04 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
Read a nice little article today about how series are being broken apart among the various streaming services. Forceing you to subscribe to more than just say Netflix or Prime,it makes sense.

Don't post a link or anything....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:21 am 

shirtless driver wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:

Don't post a link or anything....

was on the news link on my phone will try to find it

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:17 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Why does that make sense? Netflix, Prime, et al are turning into the new HBO, Cinemax, Showtime and will end up being consolidated under some new "Comcast" type umbrella.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Gem City
shakes wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
shakes wrote:

it picks up a bit after that.

Once you get to know the characters and general vibe it’s very funny imo.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:59 pm 

shirtless driver wrote:

What is with the people that are in the LDS? More crazy than Scientology

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:12 am 

Finished Umbrella Academy yesterday. Fantastic show. The guy who adapted it from comic to tv should win an Emmy. They kept the main framework of the story, but made some pretty significant changes to it which all worked on TV. Even completely changed the ending.

Loved all the characters including Ellen Page as Vanya. Thought she played it perfectly.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:28 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
shirtless driver wrote:
Her parents were criminally fucking useless.

Yep. Naive to an almost unbelievable level.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:45 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
shakes wrote:
Finished Umbrella Academy yesterday. Fantastic show. The guy who adapted it from comic to tv should win an Emmy. They kept the main framework of the story, but made some pretty significant changes to it which all worked on TV. Even completely changed the ending.

Loved all the characters including Ellen Page as Vanya. Thought she played it perfectly.

Is there a comic that you don't like?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:52 am 

IMU wrote:
shakes wrote:

Is there a comic that you don't like?

Plenty of comics I haven't liked, but those ones usually don't get made into TV shows/movies.

Sometimes I read a comic because it's been picked up for a show. For instance, started reading Jupiter's Legacy this week after hearing it had been picked up for a Netflix show. It's really good. By the guy who did Kick Ass and a bunch of other stuff. Should be a great show.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 42  Next