It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Mama Santa's
.. I have identified his two defining speech patterns: he either talks like one might talk to a child, or he simply talks like a lunatic.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
He's unlistenable except doing an interview, or a big breaking sports news story. Parkins and Speigel are always unlistenable.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Weird dude. Has a creepiness factor about him for if something came out in the media that he was involved in something really creeeeeepy......I would be like, "That makes sense."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:51 pm 

He is not incapable of a cogent sports thought, but he often quickly digresses toward abject mania.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:12 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
TomPretty wrote:
he either talks like one might talk to a child

Exactly.

His over explanation of simple thoughts is something.

During transition, He was also big on the "In our business" while discussing Parkins doing national radio. He somehow equated his doing 120 Sports to Danny's CBS show.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
His parents were teachers, right? He's got a little Bernsie in him too.

He does let his interview subjects respond without interruption...which is nice.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:08 am 

Peoria Matt wrote:
TomPretty wrote:

Exactly.

During transition, He was also big on the "In our business" while discussing Parkins doing national radio. He somehow equated his doing 120 Sports to Danny's CBS show.

Today we learned that Sir isn't on a national show at ESPN because he chose not to. He has certainly chosen not to take a lot of open positions that would be considered promotions

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:15 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
good dolphin wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
TomPretty wrote:

Exactly.

Today we learned that Sir isn't on a national show at ESPN because he chose not to. He has certainly chosen not to take a lot of open positions that would be considered promotions

He is a man of the people.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:40 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
His 12-2 show wouldn't be bad if he patterned it exclusively around longer-form interviews. That is to say, the show Chet was doing 30 years ago. Do a mix of 12-13 and 22-23 minute interviews, do 80% local and one national interview a week suitable for the radio.com podcast platform (they could put all five national interviews in one weekly national podcast). Have one 12 minute segment at the end for callers.

Every once in a while, he can have a weather bimbo promoting a charity event or a sci-fi movie guy on there for 10 minutes. Maybe twice a month. Chet used to have wrestling stuff on there to lighten the mood.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
TomPretty wrote:
.. I have identified his two defining speech patterns: he either talks like one might talk to a child

I think this is highly accurate.
It's become even worse since he's "become a teacher". Holy shit....I...DON'T....CARE.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:51 pm 

pizza_Place: aurelios
I just listened to the little douchebag talking to a caller about extending the nets in baseball and the caller made a good point about not being able to see the action as you get further away from the diamond because the net will appear thicker as the angle changes based on your seating position but in his desire to put down the caller (clearly learned from bernstein) he completely ignored the callers point. As someone else said he does the slow talk with extra spacing between words to belittle the caller. I believe he has a Napoleon complex similar to bernstein.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:21 pm 

wdelaney72 wrote:
TomPretty wrote:
.. I have identified his two defining speech patterns: he either talks like one might talk to a child

I think this is highly accurate.
It's become even worse since he's "become a teacher". Holy shit....I...DON'T....CARE.

I really don't know why people bother listening to the station before 2pm.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
♪ ♫ ♬What are we gonna doooooo.....about it♪ ♫ ♬

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:00 pm 

rogar6 wrote:
I just listened to the little douchebag talking to a caller about extending the nets in baseball and the caller made a good point about not being able to see the action as you get further away from the diamond because the net will appear thicker as the angle changes based on your seating position but in his desire to put down the caller (clearly learned from bernstein) he completely ignored the callers point. As someone else said he does the slow talk with extra spacing between words to belittle the caller. I believe he has a Napoleon complex similar to bernstein.

That is actually an interesting point regarding the netting so of course the hosts will shut it down. I personally approve of the expanded netting but still think it should be open to debate.