Post subject: May Ratings
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
https://www.robertfeder.com/2019/06/11/ ... ding-pack/

Post subject: Re: May Ratings
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

bearfan76 wrote:
https://www.robertfeder.com/2019/06/11/chicago-radio-ratings-eric-morning-still-leading-pack/

Wow. The SCORE is 7th overall and AM 100 is 27th.

I get a kick out of them listing Ostrowski and Julie as #1 at night. And then listing Cubs baseball as part of that. Like it's all 33%. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
What percentage do all the people that fill in for Big Red get?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:49 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
THIS is why you get the Cubs on your station.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:16 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn...Frozen!
Kap winning.
https://www.robertfeder.com/2019/06/18/robservations-f-bomb-led-wgn-radio-fire-patti-vasquez/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:19 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Is Bernstein no longer FOTS?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:20 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Polecat666 wrote:

I tried Kap for a couple of weeks. That was enough.

#TallestMidget

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:42 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Lil Danny and heavy bag for the homeless are still number one in the coveted men who sit down to pee demo.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:18 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Bernstein is living on borrowed time. It will be interesting to see how Holmes does. Hearing a creepy interview with every local female news or sports personality has to be great for ratings.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Bernstein needs a teammate with a stronger personality. All his partners turn into parrots.

Or he could just go solo overnights when Les retires.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:23 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
badrogue17 wrote:
Lil Danny and heavy bag for the homeless are still number one in the coveted men who sit down to pee demo.

:lol: :lol:

Quote:
ESPN Radio sports/talk WMVP 1000-AM may be fighting an uphill battle with Nielsen Audio when it comes to its overall ratings, but veteran Chicago sportscaster David Kaplan is right where he wants to be. For the second straight month, Kaplan’s ESPN 1000 midday show decisively beat the competition in their target male demographics. In one key demo, Kap & Company finished third, while Dan Bernstein and Connor McKnight, midday duo on Entercom sports/talk WSCR 670-AM, ranked 18th. “We’re pretty happy that the younger audience continues to stick with us,” said Adam Delevitt, senior program director of ESPN 1000.

Kap is as cheesy as ever but you know that going in. His sidekicks like Zederman and/or Abdala (I can't tell the difference between them. They have similarly shrill voices and both sound like they're going to cry when they get worked up about something) are dorks.

I never thought I would see Bernstein get pummled that badly in the ratings. At least he has demonstrated in the past that he can be funny and compelling, but McKnight is completely devoid of anything resembling charisma or a likable personality.

Quote:
It will be interesting to see how Holmes does. Hearing a creepy interview with every local female news or sports personality has to be great for ratings.

He always touts having them in studio. I don't understand how that benefits the listener on bit, and as hard as it is to believe it makes him seem like even more of a creepy, leering perv.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:30 am 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
The Score tinkers with their lineup too much. People turn on their radio, say "who the fuck is this guy?" And switch to The Drive or whatever. Curious Hair would know better than I would, so I 'm flicking on the bat signal, but are Neilson ratings still determined by Personal People Meters?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Yeah, we're still a PPM market. I think the top 50 are PPM, while the rest still report with diaries. But having people write "I dunno the Score I guess" out of habit/laziness would be a huge help to Dan right now.

But we've buried the lede, Patti Vasquez is gone:

Quote:
Todd Manley, station manager and vice president of content at WGN, announced Vasquez’s abrupt exit in a memo to staff Monday. No word yet on her replacement from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. Monday through Friday.

“Patti Vasquez is no longer working with WGN Radio,” he wrote. “Her departure is a private matter and will remain that way.

AND WILL REMAIN THAT WAY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:43 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Curious Hair wrote:
Yeah, we're still a PPM market. I think the top 50 are PPM, while the rest still report with diaries. But having people write "I dunno the Score I guess" out of habit/laziness would be a huge help to Dan right now.

But we've buried the lede, Patti Vasquez is gone:

Quote:
Todd Manley, station manager and vice president of content at WGN, announced Vasquez’s abrupt exit in a memo to staff Monday. No word yet on her replacement from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. Monday through Friday.

“Patti Vasquez is no longer working with WGN Radio,” he wrote. “Her departure is a private matter and will remain that way.

AND WILL REMAIN THAT WAY

According to the story, someone drop an F bomb on the air when they didn’t know that mic was open and she didn’t report it to management.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:48 am 

If Patti Vasquez herself didn't say it, I don't see why it should cost her her job. I think they were just tired of her.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:50 am 

Telegram Sam wrote:
The Score tinkers with their lineup too much. People turn on their radio, say "who the fuck is this guy?" And switch to The Drive or whatever. Curious Hair would know better than I would, so I 'm flicking on the bat signal, but are Neilson ratings still determined by Personal People Meters?

I think they made a mistake when they did the Score House promotion and then one or more of the shows they promoted were not intact for the next week or two.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:53 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
If Patti Vasquez herself didn't say it, I don't see why it should cost her her job. I think they were just tired of her.

It does sound like she wore out her welcome.

Quote:
In September 2016 she was suspended for calling then-Mayor Rahm Emanuel at home at 2 a.m. and putting him on the air without consent. The station issued a public apology to the mayor, saying: “This unfortunate incident doesn’t reflect the kind of show Patti has worked so hard to build.”

In December 2018 Vasquez was suspended again after posting social media messages that were deemed “threatening” to her producer. Her short-lived on-air partnership with evening co-host Andrea Darlas ended and Vasquez returned to solo late-night host.

I don't know why she though the first one was a good idea, and I'd be curious to see what was posted in regards to the second one.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:16 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Quote:
In September 2016 she was suspended for calling then-Mayor Rahm Emanuel at home at 2 a.m. and putting him on the air without consent. The station issued a public apology to the mayor, saying: “This unfortunate incident doesn’t reflect the kind of show Patti has worked so hard to build.”

In December 2018 Vasquez was suspended again after posting social media messages that were deemed “threatening” to her producer. Her short-lived on-air partnership with evening co-host Andrea Darlas ended and Vasquez returned to solo late-night host.

I don't know why she though the first one was a good idea, and I'd be curious to see what was posted in regards to the second one.

The Rahm bit should have been applauded. That is what late night radio should be. God, radio sucks now.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:18 am 

GoldenJet wrote:
Bernstein needs a teammate with a stronger personality. All his partners turn into parrots.

Or he could just go solo overnights when Les retires.

Honestly, when was the last time Bernstein actually had an intriguing on air thought?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:21 am 

Maybe when he challenged us to imagine being Derrick Rose's boss.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Curious Hair wrote:

Probably good news for Screech.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:32 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Maybe when he challenged us to imagine being Derrick Rose's boss.

Which was what, four-five years ago? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:30 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Quote:

The Rahm bit should have been applauded. That is what late night radio should be. God, radio sucks now.

She sounds like a party and completely unWGN.

Someone should scoop her up and try her out in the mornings.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:39 pm 

Wasn't Brian Paruch, now on the #1 show, a producer and update guy on the SCORE back in the day. I recall him leaving for some TV gig.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:41 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Wanderer wrote:
Wasn't Brian Paruch, now on the #1 show, a producer and update guy on the SCORE back in the day. I recall him leaving for some TV gig.

Not sure about producer but he was an update guy and on Saturday with Rosenbloom.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:55 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
Wanderer wrote:

Not sure about producer but he was an update guy and on Saturday with Rosenbloom.

And was not only an easy listen, but likeable on air, if not occasionally funny.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:59 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
Wanderer wrote:

And was not only an easy listen, but likeable on air, if not occasionally funny.

He was, indeed, all of those things.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
good dolphin wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Quote:

She sounds like a party and completely unWGN.

Someone should scoop her up and try her out in the mornings.

I seem to recall something about her having some kind of sitcom development deal with ABC? She was on Cochran's show a while back talking about it. I'm old, am I misremembering this?