It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Peggy Kusinski
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Nice column from Rozner.

https://www.dailyherald.com/article/201 ... 190729142/

I wonder which Score show she's talking about...

Post subject: Re: Peggy Kusinski
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:02 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Nice column from Rozner.

https://www.dailyherald.com/article/201 ... 190729142/

I wonder which Score show she's talking about...

Sounds like something bernstein would have said.

But really, is asking a dumb question really that big a deal? I mean, the Score has a host who didn't know who John Wall was and a baseball "expert" who had never heard of the 1965 AL MVP. Give Peggy a fuckin' break.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
No Rozner sucks. As usual he makes excuses for people he likes and tries to explain away her monumentally stupid question to Kane. His human element stories are the worst.

Fuck Rozner.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:11 pm 

Denis is a heartless asshole.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:18 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

Bleeding heart Libertarian. :D And it’s Dennis you Rozner lover.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Ironic she asked it to a guy with a dubious past.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
"monumentally stupid question"?

Give me a fucking break. Minor little brain cramp during a period when she was toughing it out.

Anyone that busted her balls over that is a complete pud.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:00 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Bleeding heart Libertarian. :D And it’s Dennis you Rozner lover.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Quote:
Peggy Kusinski was driving through a fog so thick even the fog couldn't see where it was going.

Still, she turned the key, tapped the gas and sped forward.

It's dangerous, sure, but that's what you do. Besides, who's going to care? Everyone has their head down, looking at their phones. No one's interested in your problems.

So she kept going to work, kept trying to do her job, ignoring the pleas inside her own head, the ones asking her to step away.

Kusinski was headed down a country road at night with the lights off.

A crash was inevitable.

I read this first section and thought that Peggy Kusinski literally got in a car wreck from driving recklessly in bad weather at night. Good work, Barry.

Truth be told, I totally forgot about her asking Kane that. Of course, now it doesn't seem like a big deal at all, especially considering the circumstances. I feel bad that it did seem to derail her career.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
I don't remember Peggy's gaffe at all, and don't remember it being discussed on 670 or 1000. Was it discussed on the board? It seems like she could have said "Yeah, I had a brain cramp. That was a stupid question." and laughed it off.

Quote:
"But some of the trolls on Twitter were horrible. Hawks fans were the worst. Any time after that -- for years after that -- that I posted anything about the Hawks -- stuff from the locker room -- they would say, 'Did you ask Patrick Kane if he had any game-winners?

That's VERY mild ribbing.

Guys on The Score used to bust each other's balls for mistakes and dumb things they did both on and off the air all the time and more aggressively than that, and that was the good-natured ball busting. I don't remember her mistake being talked about on 670, let alone brought up repeatedly as they did with the mistakes of other guys. George Offman, Tom Shaer, and Mike Murphy were made fun of, by their own co-workers on their own station, far more harshly and with much crueler intent.

Weird article by Rozner. That first section also made me think Peggy was in a car wreck from driving recklessly.

Last edited by Tad Queasy on Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:44 pm 

I'm sure it came up here and I'm sure she got some grief for it. I believe I compared it to its far weirder counterpart, the woman who tried to interview Jarome Iginla after a game but was only capable of repeating the phrase "setting up the play." (Iginla, being one of the best dudes who ever played, was really nice about the whole thing, whatever that even was.)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:50 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Weird article by Rozner. That first section also made me think Peggy was in a car wreck from driving recklessly.

And that the other drivers in the thick fog were looking at their phones while driving. No wonder the crash was inevitable. Also, she seemed to be fumbling with the ignition key after she had started driving through the fog. This is like the glory days of Dan Bernstein's Bears writeups.

EDIT: Now I wish I could find the time I tried to write one of them. The Score needs to generate content for this board again; now CNN does and we're all going insane.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:34 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Sounds like Kane and the Blackhawks PR were really nice to her about this. Which is odd considering that after this happened I can’t seem to remember her piece excoriating all her media brethren who came with the pitchforks and torches about how the team was so “ tone-deaf” about SEXUAL ASSAULT and wanted the team to launch Kane into the sun over unsubstantiated allegations .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:38 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:
I don't remember Peggy's gaffe at all, and don't remember it being discussed on 670 or 1000. Was it discussed on the board? It seems like she could have said "Yeah, I had a brain cramp. That was a stupid question." and laughed it off.

Quote:
"But some of the trolls on Twitter were horrible. Hawks fans were the worst. Any time after that -- for years after that -- that I posted anything about the Hawks -- stuff from the locker room -- they would say, 'Did you ask Patrick Kane if he had any game-winners?

Guys on The Score used to bust each other's balls for mistakes and dumb things they did both on and off the air.

Yeah I don’t know how Peggy survived that vicious onslaught . I’m pretty sure Jesse Rogers asking Antonio Alfonseca if he born with 6 fingers on one hand gets played a couple times a month but that’s not why I called .

Last edited by badrogue17 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:00 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Curious Hair wrote:
I read this first section and thought that Peggy Kusinski literally got in a car wreck from driving recklessly in bad weather at night. Good work, Barry.

Yeah, it was a weird metaphor and very unclear.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:05 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Was she even a finalist on the quote of the year show?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:09 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
badrogue17 wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Quote:

Guys on The Score used to bust each other's balls for mistakes and dumb things they did both on and off the air.

Yeah I don’t know how Peggy survived that vicious onslaught . I’m pretty sure Jesse Rogers asking Antonio Alfonseca was he born with 6 fingers on one hand gets played a couple times a month but that’s not why I called .

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:22 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Seems to me Barry was short an idea for a column and told a tale about an out of work friend.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:24 am 

pittmike wrote:
Seems to me Barry was short an idea for a column and told a tale about an out of work friend.

He used to write these pieces on Billy Gardner. He has done it with other marginal sports figures. I get to the end and say, “who cares?”.

And he has been short on ideas every since Sandberg and Maddux retired along with Tiger’s decline. Those were his three biggest topics for over a decade. Followed closely by Lovie Smith ripping.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:44 am 

denisdman wrote:
pittmike wrote:

He used to write these pieces on Billy Gardner. He has done it with other marginal sports figures. I get to the end and say, “who cares?”.

And he has been short on ideas every since Sandberg and Maddux retired along with Tiger’s decline. Those were his three biggest topics for over a decade. Followed closely by Lovie Smith ripping.

Ironically enough he’s lamenting the cesspool that is social media and how Peggy was treated yet wasn’t he one of the ones who called for doxxing last year of the people at the Blackhawks game ?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:57 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
denisdman wrote:
No Rozner sucks. As usual he makes excuses for people he likes and tries to explain away her monumentally stupid question to Kane. His human element stories are the worst.

Fuck Rozner.

Patrick Kane is not your friend.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:14 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
denisdman wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Ironically enough he’s lamenting the cesspool that is social media and how Peggy was treated yet wasn’t he one of the ones who called for doxxing last year of the people at the Blackhawks game ?

I don’t recall. I probably only read about half of his stories anymore. I try to avoid them, but with such a thin paper, I feel like I need to read something for my $77/month.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:16 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
She made a mistake during an interview. It seems pretty speculative to say it's because she was grieving a death in the family or that it's the reason her career stalled. If you look at the original story she claimed it was a question to get Kane to discuss his past game winners.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:29 am 

Bruce asks far worse questions on a weekly basis and no one cares.

It sounds more like Peggy had a breakdown and had an inability to put things in perspective. It happens. Still, Peggy was barely a blip on the local scene let alone the national scene even at her height.

She is the third reporter I have heard state how tough she was on Lovie Smith and how much (Holmes and Bernstein). However, I don't remember Smith having a particularly bad run here nor ever getting into it with reporters.

Peggy is desperately schilling for her kid these days to get him into the business. Nothing wrong with that. However, the kid is following in his mother's footsteps by being publicly wrong. I've seen him quoted at least three times on soxtalk, acting as if he is an insider reporting about imminent moves that never materialize.

I remember a few friends and I teasing Peggy while we all sat at the bar at Kelly's 25 years ago. She seemed like an easygoing person who could roll with little criticisms back then.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:31 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
good dolphin wrote:
Bruce asks far worse questions on a weekly basis and no one cares.

It sounds more like Peggy had a breakdown and had an inability to put things in perspective. It happens. Still, Peggy was barely a blip on the local scene let alone the national scene even at her height.

She is the third reporter I have heard state how tough she was on Lovie Smith and how much (Holmes and Bernstein). However, I don't remember Smith having a particularly bad run here nor ever getting into it with reporters.

Peggy is desperately schilling for her kid these days to get him into the business. Nothing wrong with that. However, the kid is following in his mother's footsteps by being publicly wrong. I've seen him quoted at least three times on soxtalk, acting as if he is an insider reporting about imminent moves that never materialize.

I remember a few friends and I teasing Peggy while we all sat at the bar at Kelly's 25 years ago. She seemed like an easygoing person who could roll with little criticisms back then.

Big rack?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:40 am 

can't tell. She's about 10 years older than me so they were already hanging below the bar line by that time.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:00 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Quote:
Peggy Kusinski was driving through a fog so thick even the fog couldn't see where it was going.

Still, she turned the key, tapped the gas and sped forward.

It's dangerous, sure, but that's what you do. Besides, who's going to care? Everyone has their head down, looking at their phones. No one's interested in your problems.

So she kept going to work, kept trying to do her job, ignoring the pleas inside her own head, the ones asking her to step away.

Kusinski was headed down a country road at night with the lights off.

A crash was inevitable.

Truth be told, I totally forgot about her asking Kane that. Of course, now it doesn't seem like a big deal at all, especially considering the circumstances. I feel bad that it did seem to derail her career.

It sounds like lyrics to a country song. Maybe Rozner has a future in Nashville.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:17 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
If she had asked him, "Patrick, was this your first rape," she would be considered a hero by some.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:26 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
If she had asked him, "Patrick, was this your first rape," she would be considered a hero by some.

Including Rozner .

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:29 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
This is a really strange article. Far dumber questions have been asked by people still working. Peggy didn't get fired. She worked through her contract and voluntarily hung it up. There's no story. This is just over dramatized fluff.

No issue with Peggy. She was a fine reporter, but not a reason to turn on Channel 5 or listen to ESPN 1000. I'd certainly rather listen to her provide updates compared to Bruce or Jessie.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.