It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 4:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'm setting the odds and I'll be the book. I'll take all action.

1 full season and done: 1-10

Under 25 games into the first season: 10-1

Under 50 games into the first season: 5-1

Under 70 games into the first season: 2-1

Jason Goff gets to begin a 2nd season: 1000-1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

Prop bets!!!! :cheers:

When will Jason Goff fire a baskeball at Will Purdue's cracker ass head? OVER/UNDER 25 games into the season

When will Jason Goff force Kendell Gill and Will Purdue to engage him in a race relations discussion? OVER/UNDER 25 games into the season

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
He'll kiss enough ass and stay the full season. He only went full SJW because he thought that's what his bosses wanted so he followed Bernstein's lead.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
With the infamous Pax interview where Goff literally blindsided attacked him this hiring is a surprise. The bits I've heard him on Sirius he's dry, unopinionated, and generic. Might be fun occasionally to rehear his insane laugh poorly placed. He's got to be on a short leash with his history. In the next couple of years if he gets canned from this gig he'll be through in sports media and he knows it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
My prediction is he has one big snafu during the year but management doesn't do anything that would cause Twitter's estimable Goff Nation to rise up.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

vitoscotti wrote:
With the infamous Pax interview where Goff literally blindsided attacked him this hiring is a surprise. The bits I've heard him on Sirius he's dry, unopinionated, and generic. Might be fun occasionally to rehear his insane laugh poorly placed. He's got to be on a short leash with his history. In the next couple of years if he gets canned from this gig he'll be through in sports media and he knows it.

The crazy laughing has to stop. It doesn't play well on radio. But it's even worse on TV when you can actually see it.

Like I said, as the host, you feed the questions to the analyst. You can throw in your opinions. But you can't dominate conversations as the host. Jason has never been in a conversation where he doesn't dominate it. Probably not just on the radio. Sitting with him at a bar is probably the same.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Yeah, Jason has never been a traffic cop. If he were a third mic on the studio panel like he was for Dan and Terry, he'd actually be really good at that, but TV producers are probably too locked into the idea that "analysts" have to be former players: see Blackhawks pre/int/post and the table of like five or six guys who played fourth-line minutes for the Hawks once.

As for dominating conversations and being unable to distinguish ensemble brilliance from solo brilliance, we've said it before and I'll say it again, Jason thinks he's the next Dan Bernstein when he's really the next Mike North.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

Probably a one year deal.

Goff will be on his best behavior for the first 15 or 20 games. Trying to be the proper TV guy. Do it the way the "Stiff white guys" do it. But it will be awkward seeing Goff be that way from what we know of him.

Then he'll get comfortable. Then he'll do something weird.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:51 am 

sub .500 Bulls broadcasts have to draw hundreds of viewers. He'll be able to develop his tv personality for a while in anonymity.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Goff on with Larry. Goff says"Tannys eyes popped out. He thought I was banned." Larry says "No, no, I'm very proud of you." Larry and Goff have a weird friendship.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Goff is already in Range Rover mode.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I am not a fan of Goff the radio guy, not because of his politics(many I agree with) or insecurity(always saying twitter doesnt bother him, yet keeps reminding people), but think he will be good at this job.

He knows the NBA as good as anyone in Chicago. His delivery is still choppy. When Anthony Herron would sub for him, Herron had that flow that makes for a good listen.

But Goff is not on radio anymore and will chime in his thoughts in which I think will be very good to the game.

I don't see him messing up, he has the opportunity to use this as a way to get a better job, see Vince Goodwill. Vince moved on and up and had more respsibilities.
No range rover sillies, this job probably pays at most 20K a year. This is more of marketing himself.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

Prop bet

When will Jason whip it out and literally "wang whip" Will Purdue on live TV after Will Purdue makes a stupid cracker comment on the Bulls.

OVER/UNDER 25 games.

Purdue: C'mon, he would never do that. Would he?

Goff: 8)

Purdue: :shock:

Beardown: I told you to be afraid, big guy.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

Will Purdue: Hey Beardown, can I ask you a question?

Beardown: Absolutely, Will Purdue.

Will Purdue: Why do all your prop bets have Jason Goff harassing and/or assaulting me?

Beardown: Because you're white.

Will Purdue: Gotcha.

Beardown: You don't know Jason the way we know him. You'll learn.

Will Purdue: Ok. Thanks for the heads up. Hey, Beardown, do you want my autograph?

Beardown: Hell no!!!!!

Will Purdue: :oops: