It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
I'm perfectly comfortable not conforming with regards to that shittastic movie.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:09 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Juiced wrote:
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
K Effective wrote:
Joe versus the Volcano.

Good one, I would have walked out of the theater.

Never would have walked in the theater. Fuck Tom Hanks. Hasn't done a good movie since BIG.
Except for the two movies he won Best Actor for, and the other eight movies he starred in that have been nominated for Best Picture.

So yeah I guess other than those ten flicks, they all sucked. :roll:

:lol: The Oscars are rigged. Shakespeare in Love took home the prize in 1999 over Saving Private Ryan. So in your world, Shakespeare in love must have been a better movie.

93% of best picture winners are dramas, while only 2% are action and fantasy. This pattern extends beyond the best picture category. Actors are nine times more likely to receive a nomination for their work in a drama. Over its 90 years of history, science fiction and horror movies have never won best picture. It's why monumental works of cinema, like 2001: A Space Odyssey or Alfred Hitchcock's "Psycho" were never even nominated!

An Oscar-bait film attempts to appeal to this specific formula in order to win, providing a safer investment for the studios. These films are often adapted from a famous source material, based on a true story; even better, they include period dramas with lavish costumes, and historical biographies of important figures, bonus points for characters with a disability. Since 1980, 89% of the best picture winners fit into at least one of these five categories. AKA most of Tom Hanks "wininng" Occar nominations.

Oscars are nothing but a business strategy for studios who compete for profit and Tom Hanks are their poster boy.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:23 am 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Without a doubt, for me the Worst Movie I have ever seen in a theater was the English Patient. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:00 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
FavreFan wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
Shakespeare in Love

That one's kinda on you, amigo.

Yeah, but I was dating (not married) at the time, so probably just trying to get laid. Currently, when my wife wants to see a “chick flick,” I tell her to go with a friend.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:04 am 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
K Effective wrote:
Joe versus the Volcano.

It had the elements of a good movie at the time- Hanks and Meg Ryan. The young, pre-stitched-live-nightcrawlers-in-place-of-her-lips Meg Ryan.

There were some parts that stuck with me- the depiction of Hank's office, cement block walls with flickering fluorescent lights and a boss yelling into the phone constantly was awesome in it's characture. The idea of Ryan also playing her own slutty, twin sister was quite intriguing. But 98% of it was just dreck.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:38 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Heisenberg wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
Shakespeare in Love

Yeah, but I was dating (not married) at the time, so probably just trying to get laid. Currently, when my wife wants to see a “chick flick,” I tell her to go with a friend.

Her friend is named Jamal and they don't watch movies, they make them.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:48 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
SpiralStairs wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
Shakespeare in Love

Her friend is named Jamal and they don't watch movies, they make them.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
Psycory wrote:
Freddy got fingered

Was that a nightmare on elm street franchise.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
I was forced to watch Because I Said So. Afterwards I did get the (now) Mrs. newper to admit that it was bad.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:39 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Tall Midget wrote:
Say what you want, but from Wikipedia:

Memento was considered "culturally, historically or aesthetically significant" by the US Library of Congress and was selected for preservation in the National Film Registry in 2017, the first narrative feature of the 2000s to be honored.[8]

It's obviously your inability to recognize greatness.

Significant and good aren't necessarily the same thing. Is that really your best defense of that craptastic movie?

Every movie with Joe Pantoliano is a perfect movie.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:53 am 

The first movie I walked out of was Dracula Dead and Loving It. I was too cheap prior to that to walk out of a movie. After that I broke the seal and I have no problem walking now.

Right during my divorce I remember seeing Wolf Creek... we were out drinking and we brought in ribs and a bottle of Jack. We gave the food and booze it’s own seat. I was pretty hammered as was not uncommon at that point in my life and I slept the majority of that movie.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:58 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Juiced wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Juiced wrote:
K Effective wrote:
Joe versus the Volcano.

Never would have walked in the theater. Fuck Tom Hanks. Hasn't done a good movie since BIG.
Except for the two movies he won Best Actor for, and the other eight movies he starred in that have been nominated for Best Picture.

:lol: The Oscars are rigged. Shakespeare in Love took home the prize in 1999 over Saving Private Ryan. So in your world, Shakespeare in love must have been a better movie.

93% of best picture winners are dramas, while only 2% are action and fantasy. This pattern extends beyond the best picture category. Actors are nine times more likely to receive a nomination for their work in a drama. Over its 90 years of history, science fiction and horror movies have never won best picture. It's why monumental works of cinema, like 2001: A Space Odyssey or Alfred Hitchcock's "Psycho" were never even nominated!

An Oscar-bait film attempts to appeal to this specific formula in order to win, providing a safer investment for the studios. These films are often adapted from a famous source material, based on a true story; even better, they include period dramas with lavish costumes, and historical biographies of important figures, bonus points for characters with a disability. Since 1980, 89% of the best picture winners fit into at least one of these five categories. AKA most of Tom Hanks "wininng" Occar nominations.

Oscars are nothing but a business strategy for studios who compete for profit and Tom Hanks are their poster boy.

You point to the fact that Saving Private Ryan should have won an Oscar in the same breath you say Tom Hanks hasn’t made a good movie since Big.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:57 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
I was a kid but I knew we had to walk out of F/X 2. Wow that flick was really, really bad.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:17 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
Juiced wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Juiced wrote:
K Effective wrote:
Joe versus the Volcano.

You point to the fact that Saving Private Ryan should have won an Oscar in the same breath you say Tom Hanks hasn’t made a good movie since Big.

WTF.... ? What I said was, "The Oscars are rigged. Shakespeare in Love took home the prize in 1999 over Saving Private Ryan. So in your world, Shakespeare in love must have been a better movie."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
So, Saving Private Ryan is a bad movie?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Erotic Lawyer wrote:
The first movie I walked out of was Dracula Dead and Loving It. I was too cheap prior to that to walk out of a movie. After that I broke the seal and I have no problem walking now.

Right during my divorce I remember seeing Wolf Creek... we were out drinking and we brought in ribs and a bottle of Jack. We gave the food and booze it’s own seat. I was pretty hammered as was not uncommon at that point in my life and I slept the majority of that movie.

What did you expect when you purchased a ticket to Dracula DALI? Yes it was bad but still pretty much what you’d imagine it would be.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:41 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Erotic Lawyer wrote:

What did you expect when you purchased a ticket to Dracula DALI? Yes it was bad but still pretty much what you’d imagine it would be.

I saw Bram Stoker's Dracula- the one with Gary Oldman and Winona Ryder- at the old Norridge Theater. After the movie at least half the crowd was angry and/or disappointed. They were looking for a monster movie rather than a love story. Maybe James Gunn or Christopher Nolan can reboot it, cast one of the Hemsworth brothers as Dracula and have him blow a bunch of shit up.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Juiced wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Juiced wrote:
K Effective wrote:
Joe versus the Volcano.

This might be the greatest post of all time here. Let's break it down...

Oscars suck because they keep rewarding Tom Hanks
Proof of this is Shakespear in Love winning an Oscar over more deserving Saving Private Ryan
Saving Private Ryan is a Tom Hanks movie.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Erotic Lawyer wrote:

I saw Bram Stoker's Dracula- the one with Gary Oldman and Winona Ryder- at the old Norridge Theater. After the movie at least half the crowd was angry and/or disappointed. They were looking for a monster movie rather than a love story. Maybe James Gunn or Christopher Nolan can reboot it, cast one of the Hemsworth brothers as Dracula and have him blow a bunch of shit up.

Norridge - come for the ample parking, stay to have your cultural elitism validated!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:32 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Erotic Lawyer wrote:

Not a single joke landed for me. I expected stupid that wasn’t the problem but it just missed for me.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:34 pm 

Maybe not the worst movie, but last night wy wife wanted me to take her to see Doolittle. First time I have ever fell a sleep in a theater. I walked out of American Werewolf in Paris and Dude where's my car, but I did not pay to see those in the first place.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
In retrospect probably Batman and Robin. As an adult probably one of the Fast and Furious movies. Or any Michael Bay movie. Bad Boys 2 comes to mind.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
The Master of Disguise

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:27 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Curious Hair wrote:
The Master of Disguise

But they observed a moment of silence on set the morning of 9/11. That must be respected.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
World War Z. Taking into account the source material, cast, and budget that was one of the worst movies ever made. What a POS.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:39 pm 

Darkside wrote:
I was a kid but I knew we had to walk out of F/X 2. Wow that flick was really, really bad.

I was a big fan of the first and never knew of the second.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:42 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Darkside wrote:

I was a big fan of the first and never knew of the second.

Do yourself a favor and pretend it doesn't exist. That's how I live with the knowledge that they made Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:47 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Poltergeist 3.

Only movie I ever walked out on. I was hoping my lady would get scared and seek comfort in the lean arms of a Dr. Ken but it was just a bad movie.

Lose/Lose.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:51 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Poltergeist 3.

Only movie I ever walked out on. I was hoping my lady would get scared and seek comfort in the lean arms of a Dr. Ken but it was just a bad movie.

Lose/Lose.

Number 2 was a stinker as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:57 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Darkside wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Poltergeist 3.

Lose/Lose.

Number 2 was a stinker as well.

The girl died while they were making 3. I don't think they even really finished the movie. The actual production was scarier than the movie. It was at the John Hancock Center.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next