It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116 ... 190  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Saturday our garage door got all jacked up. I don't know what in the hell happened to it, but it only opened about 3' and the cables to pull the door up on the right side on now on the outside of the door.

Yesterday I got into a car accident on my way home from work. Fortunately myself and the other party were fine, and neither of our kids were in the car. We were both on our way to pick up our sons. The drivers side headlight is destroyed and my front end is pretty jacked up, but I was able to drive it to the shop so hopefully its more cosmetic damage than anything else. Sucks but very lucky as things could have been much worse for either vehicle. And yes both of us stuck around and are insured.

It's only money. I can't take it with me when I go.

You have 2 big springs above the door that assist when you're lifting up the door. Once in a while, one will break.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:12 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Only $2300 to take care of both. Sucks, but what can you do?

JOrr or gd, give me a horse and a Super Bowl bet where I can throw down $10 or so and recoup some of these losses. :lol:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
GoldenJet wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Saturday our garage door got all jacked up. I don't know what in the hell happened to it, but it only opened about 3' and the cables to pull the door up on the right side on now on the outside of the door.

Yesterday I got into a car accident on my way home from work. Fortunately myself and the other party were fine, and neither of our kids were in the car. We were both on our way to pick up our sons. The drivers side headlight is destroyed and my front end is pretty jacked up, but I was able to drive it to the shop so hopefully its more cosmetic damage than anything else. Sucks but very lucky as things could have been much worse for either vehicle. And yes both of us stuck around and are insured.

You have 2 big springs above the door that assist when you're lifting up the door. Once in a while, one will break.

I had the springs break once while I was in the garage and it was trying to open. Those things are deadly.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:16 am 

pizza_Place: John's
denisdman wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I had the springs break once while I was in the garage and it was trying to open. Those things are deadly.

shoddy Pulte construction.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:18 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Frank Coztansa wrote:
:

That's too much unless you have a commercial door for your welding truck.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:18 am 
100000 CLUB

The vast majority of that is for my car.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:19 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Oh, ok. Fucking body work on cars is crazy expensive.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

That's MANY $52 donations to solicit

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Who was the woman, you or the other driver?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:20 am 
100000 CLUB

Since I was at fault, me :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:22 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Frank Coztansa wrote:

JOrr or gd, give me a horse and a Super Bowl bet where I can throw down $10 or so and recoup some of these losses. :lol:

No team that has had 55+ sacks heading into the Super Bowl has lost in a long time. Bet San Francisco.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:25 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
denisdman wrote:

Those sound like a bomb going off.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:26 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
denisdman wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Yes had a friend almost kill himself trying to home repair those springs.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Frank Coztansa wrote:

What is your deductable, 2k?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Nas wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Last April-ish I had to get a tooth pulled because it was cracked. Tooth #7, not one of the two front teeth, but the one right next to it. Had the oral surgery for an implant which sucked because they are drilling a hole in your skull. Not a ton of pain, but it did wipe me out for two days. Waited the 5-6 months for the screw to integrate with the bone. Everything was going good, got the mold taken for the crown, and today was the day! Dentist gets going and, at the last minute while he is torquing the post my implant comes loose and has to be removed.

Now I have to start all over again.

Yikes! How did that happen? I thought they could do all of this in a few days?

I guess about 5% of implants fail to fully integrate into the bone. The implant is really just a screw. After they put it in it takes about 4-5 months to (supposedly) integrate if all goes well. Then you get fitted for the actual tooth which is really just a crown. I don;t know how those Bright Smile places say they can do them in a matter of days. Must be a different procedure.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:33 am 

Franky T wrote:
Nas wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Last April-ish I had to get a tooth pulled because it was cracked. Tooth #7, not one of the two front teeth, but the one right next to it. Had the oral surgery for an implant which sucked because they are drilling a hole in your skull. Not a ton of pain, but it did wipe me out for two days. Waited the 5-6 months for the screw to integrate with the bone. Everything was going good, got the mold taken for the crown, and today was the day! Dentist gets going and, at the last minute while he is torquing the post my implant comes loose and has to be removed.

I guess about 5% of implants fail to fully integrate into the bone. The implant is really just a screw. After they put it in it takes about 4-5 months to (supposedly) integrate if all goes well. Then you get fitted for the actual tooth which is really just a crown. I don;t know how those Bright Smile places say they can do them in a matter of days. Must be a different procedure.

There is no faster way to get around the bone growing around the pin.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:33 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
I just went through the security checkpoint at the international terminal at O’Hare. It was pretty much empty and after having to be reminded to take off my shoes I mentioned to the TSA guy that I was used to getting pre-check. He responded that they don’t always give it to you because “they need to keep the rag-heads in check”. I know that attitude exists but I was stunned that he had no problem exhibiting it to a complete stranger.

You must look like a racist.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:34 am 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
I just went through the security checkpoint at the international terminal at O’Hare. It was pretty much empty and after having to be reminded to take off my shoes I mentioned to the TSA guy that I was used to getting pre-check. He responded that they don’t always give it to you because “they need to keep the rag-heads in check”. I know that attitude exists but I was stunned that he had no problem exhibiting it to a complete stranger.

probably wearing Carhartt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:41 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Hatchetman wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

probably wearing Carhartt

So that’s why I get those comments....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:46 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Franky T wrote:
Nas wrote:
Franky T wrote:

I had an implant/crown for years that was fitted over a tooth that I snapped off just above the gum. They ground the tooth down and used that. I'm thinking that must be what BrightSmile and others are doing.

Once that broken tooth finally cracked, I had it pulled and replaced like yours Franky.
\

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:53 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
I believe Gary Dell'Abate (Bababooey from the Howard Stern show) did the procedure where they grind your existing teeth into posts, and the photos he had taken prior to having the new caps put on were pretty ghastly (he did them all at once).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:58 am 

Going to need Terry's Peeps to slap together a Britain Fanatics Message Board for you guys to discuss your gross dental maladies.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:17 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
so we have begun to crank through coffee makers at quite a clip at work. these things are churning out coffee pretty regularly. I suggested a commercial bunn prior to our coffee boom and everyone thought I was crazy. we have since added a handful of coffee drinking employees. to placate me they bought a Bunn coffee maker. One that stores hot water and when you pour in the new water, and close the lid it makes the coffee wiht the stored hot water in the reservoir. I guess is designed to be super speedy which is not a feature we really require.

before this model of coffee maker they had purchased new filters at costco so we have 1000000000 regular coffee filters. So of course bunn recommends their own filters. We have discovered why.

For the past few weeks its basically a coffee warzone back there. the filters aren't tall enough There are grinds everywhere, the moment you shut the lid it begins to force water into the coffee and filter like all at once, it can't make coffee fast enough and grinds and coffee are everywhere. we have a jug system where you pour in half the water and wait. We grind the coffee at the coarsest grind possible might as well just pour beans into it. Its entirely ridiculous. So I buy a box of bunn filters. a little better but still a mess. factor in that apparently these IT wizzes can't figure out to not shut the door to make water come out too early or not grind the coffee into a fine dust.

they are like you wanted a bunn! i wanted a bunn commercial box that you see inside of trucker garages you idiots. idiot proof.

These bunn home coffee makers are like avant garde coffee snobbery bullshit. featureless and of a silly design.

its like owning a sailboat in 2020. they make motors now douchebag.

i've ordered a commercial coffee maker with my work credit card. take it away from me if you don't like it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
We have a Bunn in our break room, the ONLY place to buy the right size BUNN filters is GFS, I have my wife pick up a couple of sleeves of 500 each, they're like $11.00 ea. I put a few flakes of filters on the cabinet, the rest inside, and one sleeve in my locker so some dip shit doesn't use them all to make Christmas ornaments or some stupid shit like that. Inevitably, some moron brings in 10K of the tiny ones, and when the stack of 50 runs out, they start to use the tiny ones and leave wet grounds all over the place. And they wonder why I say it takes all my energy not to strangle some douchebag coworker every single day...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:14 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
it appears you can get brewright version of the bunn filters from sams so we are having a guy at work with a membership order some.

(i'm team costco)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:17 pm 

K Effective wrote:
We have a Bunn in our break room, the ONLY place to buy the right size BUNN filters is GFS, I have my wife pick up a couple of sleeves of 500 each, they're like $11.00 ea. I put a few flakes of filters on the cabinet, the rest inside, and one sleeve in my locker so some dip shit doesn't use them all to make Christmas ornaments or some stupid shit like that. Inevitably, some moron brings in 10K of the tiny ones, and when the stack of 50 runs out, they start to use the tiny ones and leave wet grounds all over the place. And they wonder why I say it takes all my energy not to strangle some douchebag coworker every single day...

sounds like you have my dream job. Sit around and drink coffee and eat donuts all day.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:46 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
K Effective wrote:

sounds like you have my dream job. Sit around and drink coffee and eat donuts all day.

You hook my guy Hatchetman up with some hay and I'll take care of all your commercial coffee product needs, how's that sound?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:50 pm 

Finding out you should have checked you withholding since last year too late. Thanks Trump.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Got done dirty by that last year for '18 taxes. Adjusted the W-4 in '19 and close enough for only a small refund.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:38 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
HND, we have that Bunn maker in our house. Ordered it when it first came out, I'm thinking probably over 15 years ago. Runs like it did on day 1.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116 ... 190  Next