It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 787 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 27  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:15 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
My friend lives on the course and I borrowed his cart today to play a full 18. Apparently, global pandemic or not, I will still shoot an 82.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:39 pm 

I like her game.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Looks like a 7 iron. Nice set-up and a spectacular ass!

"It's called the American dream, because you'd have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:54 pm 

RFDC wrote:
I like her game.

As long as her game is hide the weenie I am good.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:41 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
RFDC wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Not trying to rub it in, but man did it do wonders for my mental health to get out and play a round of golf today. Not the best course in the world, but hitting some golf shots and enjoying the nice weather was a huge bonus. I will be driving across the border to play again if our course is remained closed through May.

Sorry you had to slum it in the region, but glad you got out and got some fresh air and got to swing some clubs. Stuff like that does really help.
It was a goat ranch (especially on the back 9), but I didn't care. I was in short sleeves by the 9th hole, the greens were in good shape overall, and there were some hills and elevation changes that made it a fun course to play. My Dad paid $35 to ride which I thought was a ripoff, but $15 for me to walk was just fine.

Played very well on the front, 40. Wheels fell off from #11 to about #14 on the back, and I ended up with an 87 overall. Kinda weird to putt with the cup sticking out of the hole, but you could really tell if a putt would have dropped or not. My short game is still not very good, and while I didn't have any 3-putts, these greens were tiny as hell and 3-putting any of them would have been a disaster. Had 5 pars and missed a birdie on #18 by about 6". Short course too which likely helped having a 40 on the front. Only 5200 yards from the back tees, no par 5's on the front.

As I said was great to get out and play. FS, Tbone, etc and those of you who live north, I know IN isn't right around the corner and between golf and the drive you are looking at a 7 hour day perhaps, but its 7 hours that would be very well spent IMO. I think it would be worth it for you to consider driving over to NWI to play a round, especially if we get a Chamber of Commerce weather day later in the month.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:02 am 

Oh, I'll definitely be making the trek shortly, especially with traffic being non-existent. No dog tracks, though. Palmira, Whitaker Woods type courses. Those are the only 2 courses I'm familiar with out that way. I'll drop down to 12 clubs and carry my bag. I have a few push cart models in mind, but haven't pulled the trigger.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:09 am 
100000 CLUB

I have heard nice things about Palmira, but they were booked solid on Saturday. The guy we played with Saturday said White Hawk is also a very good course. I would prefer to play a nice course as well, but its different when I can drive 40 miles vs 80.

This coming weekend doesn't look great weather wise, but maybe the 25th or 26th would work out.

Some courses out there are walking only and not renting pull carts to eliminate touch surfaces. I do have an extra pull cart anyone would be welcome to borrow.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:28 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Glad to read some of you are getting out. They talk here but so far not yet on the golf.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I will wait until May to see how things look. I won’t be making any 4 hour round trips in the car unless the golf is worth it and April golf isn’t that for me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:13 pm 

It may not be 4 hours with no traffic out there. I'm generally making 2 hour plus round trips every time I golf with board members, so this is nothing new for me.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
My neighbor is a member at Medinah and said the members are getting restless. They can’t understand why they can’t walk (vs carts) and pull up the cup above the grass line so no touching of the flagstick or cup.

It will be interesting to see if these private clubs rebel and start playing, and how the government will react.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:35 pm 
100000 CLUB

Public or private, it really makes no sense for courses to be closed at this point. Twosomes only, walking only, no rakes, no ball washers, no range balls, no pull/gascarts rented, leave the cup 2" above the hole. Pay online or at a window. You could play a round of golf with less human contact than getting pizza delivered.

Much easier to stay away from just about everybody on a golf course than it is at a grocery store, even with limiting the number of customers allowed in.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:38 pm 

No way that public courses owned by a municipality are going to open up anytime soon.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

I don't expect that before May, but once the calendar flips the courses are going to start getting louder about opening. Some of the municipal courses pump a lot of money into the local economy as well.

It will be interesting to see what happens if a couple of private courses tell the Gov't to piss off and that if their members want to walk, we aren't going to stop them. Maybe a few dominoes start to fall.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Inwood course in Joliet tried a few weeks ago and it pretty much complied with social distancing but the Facebook mob shut them down.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

I don't know if it was the FB mob. There was like two days where courses were open, and then JB told them to close back up.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Perhaps..but the comments towards them being open were ridiculous...it was like they built the virus and deployed it. Every day I question weather society is worthy saving.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:17 pm 

There have been some courses here, I know for a fact in Menomonee that opened up and did so with the approval of the local authorities. Currently they are under snow now though.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:44 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
There have been some courses here, I know for a fact in Menomonee that opened up and did so with the approval of the local authorities. Currently they are under snow now though.

No one cares about Canada

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:04 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

You would if more of our golf courses were open. :P

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:44 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

My dad was a yooper. Been through that town many times.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:48 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

My dad was a yooper. Been through that town many times.

:?
Menomonee, WI

Also, I just saw on Facebook that the golf course in town is opening April 24th for tee times.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:14 pm 

:oops:

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Furious Styles wrote:
It may not be 4 hours with no traffic out there. I'm generally making 2 hour plus round trips every time I golf with board members, so this is nothing new for me.

It’s 120 miles from here to Crown Point for example. Where are you going to play with board members? Like when you took the train up to play with me?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I was hoping to get to a driving range, but it's going to be in the 50s here for most of the next week. Hopefully the weekend after next. Even if it's just 30 balls with a 6 iron and some putting.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:39 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:

It’s 120 miles from here to Crown Point for example. Where are you going to play with board members? Like when you took the train up to play with me?

We all played with Chus somewhere.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:48 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:

Sounds like 90 minutes each way. :wink:

Yeah, far North/Northwest, far South and far Western suburbs are all pretty big time commitments round-trip.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:42 am 
100000 CLUB

Desperate times call for desperate measures, Tbone. Would you rather drive 240 miles, or have your wife give you a haircut this weekend?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I just saw on FB from a reputable person that at least one golf course across the border in Iowa has banned Illinois residents as long as Illinois has a ban going.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 787 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 27  Next