It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 787 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 27  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 8:47 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I like the foam insert idea the best. That way you see an actual drop in of sorts. Without a flag it is tough I think especially from far out on hilly courses. Most are happy to play though and not too worried trying to ace every hole attacking the sticks.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 8:57 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
No flags would be insane. It would be like trying to hit a baseball while blindfolded. In the three rounds I've played in this mess, I have not seen a single person pull a flagstick. I hate putting with the flag in, but I'm dealing with it and used to it by now.

The foam is best. With the raised cup, you can generally tell if a putt would drop or not, but there is still some question with speed or when it skirts the side of the cup.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 9:23 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
carts are out there at a lot of courses if you want one. All you gotta do is tell the course you can't physically do the walk and they'll give you a cart. I'm gonna keep trying to walk 18 even though it took me a solid 3 days to recover. Need the exercise really bad.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 7:50 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Well, I haven't completely forgotten how to swing a club. Bit of a bounce back today. Didn't score that great because of a few bad holes, but I finally hit some solid shots. I hope the trend continues.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 9:07 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Played Cog #3 yesterday. They've got some weird "cover" on the holes that allow the ball to kind of fall into the cup, but there's a significant risk of the ball bouncing out. It's not the best option.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 10:49 am 

Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
Played Cog #3 yesterday. They've got some weird "cover" on the holes that allow the ball to kind of fall into the cup, but there's a significant risk of the ball bouncing out. It's not the best option.

Sounds like the same system I played with last week.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 9:55 am 
100000 CLUB

Played 9 holes Saturday morning. Shot 41 which isn't all that good considering par is 33. Started out rough, but played the final four holes at +2 with a birdie. Outside of the bird, did not put many shots close to the pin, but had several nice lag putts. Two three putts, and managed to save bogey on the lone par 5 with a lost ball by pitching my 5th from about 80 yards out to 3'.

Chilly and a bit breezy, but 100% sunny. Greens were in tremendous shape. Was good to get out there again. Weather permitting, maybe 9 holes again Friday afternoon. Full round of 18 scheduled on Sunday morning.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 3:36 pm 

My favorite course Lawsonia is running a really cool package for COVID. On Tuesdays, their rate is now "pay what you can". Pretty sweet for a nationally ranked course with tee times that usually go for $70 walk/$100 ride to do something like this.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 3:44 pm 

shakes wrote:
My favorite course Lawsonia is running a really cool package for COVID. On Tuesdays, their rate is now "pay what you can". Pretty sweet for a nationally ranked course with tee times that usually go for $70 walk/$100 ride to do something like this.

Damn, that might be worth a ride up for. I think it is like a 1hr and 10 minutes from here.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 5:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Played a nice muni track up in Pewaukee called NagaWaukee. Lots of elevation change, inviting fairways and a fun layout. Highly recommend if you are in the Milwaukee area.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 5:48 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Played a nice muni track up in Pewaukee called NagaWaukee. Lots of elevation change, inviting fairways and a fun layout. Highly recommend if you are in the Milwaukee area.

:evil:

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 5:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I took a ride on Sunday to one of the better rated inexpensive courses between me and Fayetteville. It took 55 minutes, which is a little long for future 7am tee times. The course looked busy but without backups, looked like mostly twosome, and the driving range was getting a workout.

Next step is to unpack my bag on Wednesday and make sure I have a fresh glove, then find a driving range that is open Friday morning and hit 25 7-irons off a mat and see how my body feels afterward. If it feels good, progress to 50 balls the following Tuesday, then see if I can find an open putting green.

I also need a new pair of golf shoes, but I will wait until I know I can play before buying shoes and the like. I also need a lightweight pair of chinos because I'm absolutely not going to play in shorts and the long socks I need to prevent my clotting-damaged leg veins from going insane!

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 8:14 pm 

Playing 18 tomorrow afternoon. I *think* I found something wrong with my swing my last time out. Hoping I really did because I might know how to fix it.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 10:01 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I played with a supplier and it came together in less than 24 hours. If you want to get together I’d be open to it Hawger.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 3:10 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I played with a supplier and it came together in less than 24 hours. If you want to get together I’d be open to it Hawger.

Piglet and I would enjoy that, we just need the weather to warm up and dry a bit and it doesn't look good.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 7:20 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Piglet and I would enjoy that, we just need the weather to warm up and dry a bit and it doesn't look good.

70s next week. Just let me know when it’s warm enough for ya.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 5:52 am 

Out again this morning and maybe Friday as well. Monday was promising.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 12:52 pm 

Took the day off tomorrow and Piglet and I have a 12:12 tee time at Whistling Straits/Irish Course, can't wait.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 1:11 pm 

Golfed another 9 yesterday. Entire game was crap. Early season craziness is the only explanation.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 1:34 pm 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Weather permitting, maybe 9 holes again Friday afternoon. Full round of 18 scheduled on Sunday morning.
5:30pm tomorrow for 9 holes. I luv twilight golf. Sunday looks to be questionable at best.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 1:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Hawg Ass wrote:
Took the day off tomorrow and Piglet and I have a 12:12 tee time at Whistling Straits/Irish Course, can't wait.

:salut:

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 3:53 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:

Enjoy. Never played it but love that property and played Whistling a few times. I am heading out at 6 am the next two days. Sunday looks wet so getting my golf in where I can. 15 rounds in by Saturday is a decent start to the season. First round wearing shorts today.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 8:21 am 
100000 CLUB

:lol: Decent? That's a tremendous effort considering courses were closed for nearly six weeks. Good for you.

Today will be my 5th time out (second 9 hole round) and Sunday will be my fourth 18 hole round should the weather hold out.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 8:39 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

Enjoy. Never played it but love that property and played Whistling a few times. I am heading out at 6 am the next two days. Sunday looks wet so getting my golf in where I can. 15 rounds in by Saturday is a decent start to the season. First round wearing shorts today.

Thanks, I have played the Straits several times but only the Irish once. Looks like a perfect day for it.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 8:48 am 

League starts Sunday afternoon but t storms in the forecast.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 9:01 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:

Nice. I think it's a better course than it's much more expensive sister.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 2:09 pm 

Pretty wet out there today but great to wear shorts again. Also a nice pace for me walking when it’s cart path only. They put the pins back in today and sank the cups. Had a plastic piece of PVC in the hole so the ball doesn’t go to the bottom. Fog was thick and didn’t burn off for 6 holes. I hit the ball as solidly and consistently as I have all season and no big blowup holes so that was the best part.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 2:12 pm 

Courses out here are under water. Was supposed to have a 2 man scramble/better ball event on Sunday. :(

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 8:16 pm 

Great time with my son and a beautiful day. Ran into the sheep on the back side. Shot 84 from the Green Tees, drove it ok, irons were not good and I putted very well.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 9:18 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Great time with my son and a beautiful day. Ran into the sheep on the back side. Shot 84 from the Green Tees, drove it ok, irons were not good and I putted very well.

That’s a great memory with piglet. Hope you got some good photos.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 787 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 27  Next